Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Wizard/Mana oils

The whole statement by Blizz that crafting stones/oils was any sort of burden on raiding guilds is complete bullshat. They are using it as an excuse to remove some of the nicest and easiest farmable buffs in the game. I find having to buy or farm for a Fel Lotus to be a much bigger burden so Bliz may want to think about removing Flask of Pure Death from the game. Really Bliz come up with better excuses when you screw things like this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Avidreader
    Nothing is clarified anywhere I can find on whether oils etc will contunue to exist at all.
    Beta means nothing- glyph vendors were available at times on beta which certainly does not mean they will be on live.
    shhhhh he went away. Don't invoke his wrath as he may return and pwn us all with is great all knowings. But he goggled so it must be true.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Death Knights is also on beta, who says they'll be there in live. A retarded argument, but it fits the way you guys see the world.

Why would I bother discussing with such stupid people that ain't mental developed enough to understand what I could be telling them.

Also I was out making dinner, mommy ain't here to serve for me. Wienerschnitzel with potatoes, nom nom nom.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Also I was out making dinner, mommy ain't here to serve for me. Wienerschnitzel with potatoes, nom nom nom.
    What like in the back yard? You have to go out to make dinner?

And yes you are correct with the Deathknights. However given the fact that they put a lot of time into testing it I doubt it. HOWEVER.... they may have something changed and or not ready come go time. Something that was in BETA but wont be live day due to a bug or a patch etc.

Also.... this gets me...:
    Why would I bother discussing with such stupid people that ain't mental developed enough to understand what I could be telling them.
    We don't care what you tell us. While I respect your opinion and again you may be 100% correct you are still like me... nobody. Just someone with an opinion.

that is the beauty of forums people come in discuss things and talk about them. It is not (most times) about coming in putting a foot down and saying "It is so because I say so".

Your tact is lacking. But hell if I had to go out everythime I need to fix something to eat I would be on edge also.

(again some parts of this is just meant as fun....)

No, I just find it amusing stupid to claim that just because it's in the beta, there's a HUGE CHANCE it won't be on live.

Lets look at the facts so far:
    • A blue said they are ditching the oil/stone system
    • There's no new stones/oils at 80
    • Oils/stones are not applyable to level 80 weapons, but to level 70 weapons

Now I claim that because of these 3 facts, you won't be able to use old oils at level 80 on your level 80 weapons.

You claim the opposit, with zero facts, based fully on a claim that because it's beta, it won't nessary be on live.

Is it really so hard to see why I find all your posts really really stupid ?

No, I just find it amusing stupid to claim that just because it's in the beta, there's a HUGE CHANCE it won't be on live.

Now I claim that because of these 3 facts, you won't be able to use old oils at level 80 on your level 80 weapons.

You claim the opposit, with zero facts, based fully on a claim that because it's beta, it won't nessary be on live.

No my friend I claim nothing. See that is the difference between my posts and yours. Im saying there is a possibility. Im not saying "yes" and I am not saying "no". I even on more then 1 occasion say you may be 100% correct.

What I am saying is there is a chance that some stuff may not be what they appear come game time. It has happened before and can happen again.

Also what I am asking is once they decide to make it "discontinued" does that mean completely? As in gone from my spell book or I can use up to level 79?

And why can I use a low level enchantment on an 80 item but not a sharpening stone?

Removing anymore NEW stones/oils from the game ok.... but not allowing me to apply already established things in the game to an 80 weapon albeit it LOWER is confusing to some and makes us go eh?

Upgrading a lower weapon I can see......

Level 70 as in 70 to 79? or just 70? Then again why not 80 just makes no sense.

And my only "claim" I can find is they can change their minds and change it back come go time....I don't say they will...

you on the other hand stand up and say it is done, over finished nothing will change. Period. Yet the only thing you base this on is:

"Sharpening Stones and also Wizard Oils have been discontinued. While they were something nice to use once in a while for most people for many raid guilds they were simply another burden to the cost of raiding. They also caused some issues in that they only helped certain classes and took away some of the uniqueness of other classes who were able to imbue their weapons with temporary enchants such as rogues and warlocks."

And a SS of a level 80- weapon. Not a 79, not a Blue post saying levels 70 to 75.

So yes I stand by my questions and the statement that it COULD change come go time.

Lucky Warlocks I guess, they can create their own stones

So basically...

"I'm smart enough to know that it's going live based on responses to a blue post and beta information, and you roaches should be blessed that I came back from dinner to bless you with my wisdom of the ages" <=== Self righteous ass clown that thinks *WAY* too much about himself. Come down off the high horse, pull your head out of your rose smelling ass and stop being such a dick.

"I want to know what is going to happen. It's like *this* on beta, but I want to know EXACTLY what is going to happen even tho I've said myself a couple times that stuff changes from beta to live. So even tho I'm repeating myself saying that stuff changes, I want to know definitively what is going to happen. Please don't make me repeat myself, I just want to know what's going to happen..." <=== The answer is in the question, and in the thread. It's like *THIS* on beta, and there's a good chance it'll be like it on live as well... but who knows?

Now... stop fighting, or I'll turn this car around and ground you two...
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

Quote Originally Posted by WernerCD
    So basically...

"I'll turn this car around and ground you two...
    spankings included?

I must have missed where anyone thought we may be able to use oils etc on lv 80 items- I never thought this would be the case. I was under the impression the question is are they totally removing the old ones as well as not making new ones. I have yet to find anything to really answer this question.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?page=764

In the screenshots area, look for "exceptional mana oil and wizard oil" both show min level of 72 and use northrend mats.

This would seem to be in opposition to the claim that they are going away completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrotik
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?page=764

In the screenshots area, look for "exceptional mana oil and wizard oil" both show min level of 72 and use northrend mats.

This would seem to be in opposition to the claim that they are going away completely.
    I think those were before they made this decision, like what they did at first with riding crop and then changed it completely.
    I wish they would allow the new ones though, I was looking forward to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor
    I think you should might consider upping your dosage because it seems you have anger issues.
    But he is so much fun. I like to think he is pounding away at the keyboard with a vein throbbing on his forehead...

What I am saying is there is a chance that some stuff may not be what they appear come game time. It has happened before and can happen again.
    Same as Death Knights , yeah.

Both is highly unlikely. So unlikely I feel it's not even worth considering.

Thats great for you. However there are some that don't care what you feel and like to think guess and speculate on their own.

And you didn't say impossible.... So I still win. (im kidding btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor
    I think you should might consider upping your dosage because it seems you have anger issues.
    I think you should might consider some English classes because your grammar sucks. Also, it's the internet, it's not hard to make fun of people/shoot them down "angrily" without ACTUALLY being angry. You should try it some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknot
    Thats great for you. However there are some that don't care what you feel and like to think guess and speculate on their own.

And you didn't say impossible.... So I still win. (im kidding btw)
    Just shut up. Honestly.

Go ahead and "guess and speculate on [your] own," but don't spam up the boards with it. That's not "guessing on your own," that's being an annoying moron.

HEY GUSY I THINK THEY WON'T BRING THE RET PALLI NURFS TO LIVE BECAUSE IT'S JUST BETA HUR HUR HUR. IN FACT THEY ARE GOING TO BUFF THEM, CRUSADER STRIKE WILL DO 10k DAMAGE NONCRIT. IM SMRT.

Just noting that I agree with you in this thread. It's fucking retarded to suggest they'd reverse this change. They even said WHY in the Blue post. (It's to keep the classes that have their own Oils from not using them/having unique buffs.)
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Quote Originally Posted by stupid11

Just noting that I agree with you in this thread. It's fucking retarded to suggest they'd reverse this change. They even said WHY in the Blue post. (It's to keep the classes that have their own Oils from not using them/having unique buffs.)
    sigh. Ok lets all listen to stupid11.

Yeah it may be FUCKING retarded however they have been known to do some FUCKING retarded things. The "why" was:

"many raid guilds they were simply another burden to the cost of raiding. They also caused some issues in that they only helped certain classes and took away some of the uniqueness of other classes who were able to imbue their weapons with temporary enchants such as rogues and warlocks. "

So 3 reasons. Which none of them make any sense. Just like a perm enchant you as a Rogue would need to make the decision if you want poison on that blade or a stone/oil.

Many raid guilds? I would like to see a post on the WoW forums Beta or otherwise stating this. With "many" guilds behind it.

And no to the shutup. When people come in here "strutting" around like a Christmas Goose proclaiming they are the end all be all I have issues.

You have no say so on what I post, where I post or when I post. Simply said and done you don't like it go read something else.

It is not like a DK change. It is a simple changing of code.

Nice try. So you accept the whys and understand them? Great for you. However it is not about you. If it was I would agree and say hey go with it.

This is part of the Blizzard " Lets normalize everything so that there is no variation in play across the board". Its part of the whole give everyone the damage thing. They want everyone to do the same damage by class so we all fit nicely into their "Vision"

They took away downranking because it gave smart people an unfair advantage.

They took away multiple mana/health Pots because it gave people that came prepared an unfair advantage.

The oils...same thing...if you could gain any DPS advantage by planning ahead it would be unfair.

They are talking about changing the mage arcane tree so that there are only certain spell rotations you can use to get the big numbers.

Anyone see a pattern here?

Blizzard needs to quit caving to the idiots in WOW. If I plan ahead and prepare for raids...I SHOULD BE BETTER THAN THOSE THAT DONT!!! It doesnt mean things are unfair.

It wont be long until there will be DPS failsafes classes.

Mages for instance will get " Casting Sickness" or something like that if they are to high on DPS.

I can see it now......

"That spell is not ready yet"

It wont let you cast again until the MA passes you on OMEN. In this way, the people that watch the threat meter wont have an unfair advantage over those that are to stupid install it and/or watch it.

Its ridiculous...WOW is be dumbed down piece by piece...

I actually loved the mana oil and wizard oil. My lock used to be able to make it and I'd happily share it around to everyone in raid who wanted their mats or mine because they weren't even close to the expensiveness as flasks and elixirs etc.

I used to only use those oils in Kz/Gruuls/Mags because by time I got to them most people were progressing into SSC/TK and those 3 raids I was gearing up in weren't entirely hard and didn't phase flasks for especially for gruuls/mags that didnt take too long.

I'll be missing those oils dramatically!! T_T
    Some people are like Slinkies
    Not really good for anything
    But they still bring a smile to your face
    When you push them down a flight of stairs.

Somehow I've started to believe they are removing them so Nezoia and Aknot would jump on eachother...

No, but seriously... As both and enchanter and a caster I can say I've had no problems with making oils and used them often... and seriously... a burden? Let's just remove all food and whole alchemy so slackers wont have to farm anything to raid sheeesh...