Poll: What spec/strat are you planning on implementing on the grind to 80?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Healing Priests: How are you leveling?

I leveled from 1-70 as Holy, I do very much to see all the content I can, but I made a decision to be the First Priest to 80 on my server. So I'll be questing nonstop as Shadow, then once that is out of the way, I'll take my time on my Prot Warrior or my Rogue.

I was considering leveling Smite for awhile, but after giving Shadow a try I think it would faster that way.

Yup...you are right. I leveled to 70 as shadow.
    For questing/leveling shadow is the quickest.
    spec'd to shadow at 45...leveled twice as fast.
    Good luck to ya, fellow priest

Just another couple thoughts on this

When I levelled my mage in TBC I just wanted to get to 70 - so I arrived with crap rep in everything. So my plan for wrath is go into the early instances - do NO quests. When rep from that instance is maxxed I will move on.

I think it's all well and good to get to 80 as fast as possible. But if you have to go back and do rep grinds for gear then you kinda wasted that advantage.

Another thing I now find is that I am running round Terrokar and Hellfire doing quests for achievements. OK OK its stupid - I know but I'm doing it anyway. I find now though I am one quest short in Zangermarsh. And the only ones available are Brain of the Black Stalker and some other Sporregar Quest that I wasn't interested in. Now I have to go back to UB...

So that is the second thing I will look at when leveling. Doing stupid quests for remote factions that I don't need in order to get an achievment that gives me nothing...

Hang on - WTF??

put on your Season4 Gear, quest solo/with friends, or do instances with pve gear, the first week will be a gank fest :]

if you play on pve server, reroll to pvp

Quote Originally Posted by mutantboy
    Just another couple thoughts on this

When I levelled my mage in TBC I just wanted to get to 70 - so I arrived with crap rep in everything. So my plan for wrath is go into the early instances - do NO quests. When rep from that instance is maxxed I will move on.

I think it's all well and good to get to 80 as fast as possible. But if you have to go back and do rep grinds for gear then you kinda wasted that advantage.
    reputation gain is completely changed in wotlk you simply put on the tabard of the faction you wanna get rep and can go in any instance you like

Actually, I was gonna ask the same question - what build are people using to level up in Northrend?

I've only just reached 70 (about 2 weeks ago) so I'm still mainly in blues but I would like to stay healing spec to get to 80.

Is Discipline a good spec to go for - can you quest and heal pugs with it easily enough without great gear? At the moment I'm deep holy spec - didn't really bother looking too much into it because I knew by the time I got to 70, it wouldn't be long before Lich King came out and I'd have to start it all over again, so most of my points are holy. But, I really do have the issue of take down one mob, need to stop and drink etc.

At the moment my vague idea is to just level up through pugging instances when I have max rested XP (got 2 other lvl 70s to level up as well so I can easily just wait for this guy to get his max rested). But, my guild would prefer me to level up my healer quicker cos, well, we've only got 3 healers at the moment so they'll be waiting for me to reach 80 before they can start raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotchocolate
    reputation gain is completely changed in wotlk you simply put on the tabard of the faction you wanna get rep and can go in any instance you like
    Huh? Where is this? Please, do tell!

Quote Originally Posted by Hotchocolate
    This is the first time I have seen this said - if anyone at all has info Plz Plz PLz share.
    It would be pretty cool - but I'm not sure it feels quite right. And how would it affect lower level instances (like the hellfire instances that only give rep to honored) Hmm - way more info needed.

Yes, that is accurate.

Its called Championing.

Img from Worldofraids

Disc baby. Quest grind whilst I wait for the instances that I can easily heal.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account

If you are holy you should be able to kill things just fine with the spellpower change.

I'm disc and not having Imp. DS yet, my sp is 1106. My Holy Fires and Smites crit for well over 2k, and my SW crits for 1800 or so. As holy you still get 25% of your spirit converted to sp, so you will solo just fine.

P.S. I should add I leveled 1-70 holy and all of it was done before 2.3 when they converted 33% of all +healing from items into spell damage.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

I would say my personal choice is probably gonna be a disc/smite 'ish build. I did 1-60 shadow. 60-70 holy after tbc. With Spellpower, the distinction between gear is blurred and the ability to dps then heals should be easier compared to TBC.

I will probably do something along the lines of 45+/10/5 or something similar for leveling purposes.

And alot depends on how much leveling I get done before 3.1 (Dual spec expected). Once 3.1 rolls out it's all irrelevant. Solo shadow, group disc or holy.

Kriis
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym