Best prof. for a hunter?

I just got off beta and saw lwer made alot of nice pvp and pve gear whereas eng had that epic head enchant and a very nice trinket w/ 81 stam and a 430 ap boost for 10s every minute, also i saw very nice lvl 78 swords that bs makes w/ 50agi and 14 hit rating on the slower ones or 21 agi and 50 hit rating on the faster ones.
    My question is which is best for hunters? I know alot of it will/can be replaced by running heroics and def. when i start raiding but im looking for something to get me ready for both so are either of those worth it or should i go w/ 2 gathering prof. for fat cash?? Also what do you guys think about enchanting for ring enchants? Any help is much appreciated thanks guys

lol eng dont have a head enchant, i mean the goggles.
    Always check links before clicking

Re: Best prof. for a hunter?

#1. l2english
    #2. roll a mage

Quote Originally Posted by naPS
    #1. l2english
    #2. roll a mage
    yup, thanks for your comment.. Anything pertaining to my question?
    Always check links before clicking

Quote Originally Posted by naPS
    #1. l2english
    #2. roll a mage
    #1. L2 Live In A World Where Not Everyone Is Born Speaking Enlish.
    #2. Fuck Mages. I bet your just pissed that a hunter worth a grain of sand probably eats your face with a 65 pet he just tamed.
    #3. Don't be a dick.

@OP
    As far as Tradeskills go... each trade skill has different bonuses. it's up to you to decide whats best for you. And as of right now, it's hard to know exactly what is "best" since Beta=Work In Progress... It's something you have to decide yourself... because in the long run what's "Best" may change.
    [color=blue]This thread has lived beyond its life expectancy. ... It's also met the forum quota for posters insulting the intelligence of their peers to grasp the age-old upper hand in argumentation, I believe officially coined by Plato: "Ur, like, dumb and that's why I'm right." Zarhym

My hunter raised as a LW/Skinning, mainly for the old black dragonscale armor.
    By the way, with TBC I've found the epic Dragonscale BoP armors and the armor patches were useful too. I think in WOTLK too will be useful recipes for a LW.

By the way, as Werner already said, every profession gives you something useful.
    It's a matter of what will be be your end game idea.

If you think you'll raid a lot, maybe Alchemy/herb or enchanting could be the most useful (for the passive bonuses from professions mainly - you will eventually replace profession unique equipment).

Having 2 gathering profession can give you a lot of money selling mats. I'll take skinning and another gathering, 'cause skinning doesn't have the track like herbalism or mining.

For Bs and Enginnering I don't know how much could be useful for an hunter - no bow recipes yet and the guns doesn't seem to be useful with lvl 80 ranged weapon drops.

on my hunter im engineer, and will stay that for lich.

1: we get the goggles (ofc)
    2: u can make a epic gun at levl 80 (its BOE but whatever:P)
    3: U can make ammo for ur epic gun.
    4: U can extact motes.
    5: u get nice enchants like rocket boots and some dmg stuff for hands, not sure if they are bether then normal enchants yet though. but still somthing to look forward to.
    6: The classic hunter trick, FD and use Jumper cables (Saved me and my raid/party lots of times)
    7: bombs!!
    8: Motorbike (BOE aswell sadly......)
    9: Scopes.

also mining made me rich. and still is making me richer. combine mining, mote extractor and epic mount, and u could earn loads of gold in little time. ( not that much anymore since everyone "found" out of it...) but the idea of it is that u "pick" up motes or mines along ur route while u quest or do dailys, or just fly around. its simply a bonus.

could have made lots and lots more points but. what more do you need ?

its ok, LW can make nice armor, but thats it... after the drum nerf.. im not so sure xD
    but ofc the passive crit u get from having skinning is hawt...

LWing also give a nice DPS boost due to the BoP armor kits and fur linings.

Skinning is probably the gathering you will want to keep due to it's crit.

On mining: You get almost all types of the new motes (crystallized) from the different ores. Cobalt is earth and water, saronite is shadow, earth and sometimes air. Titanium is Earth, Air, Fire, water and shadow. Herbalism is the only one I've seen to get life. I haven't seen an equiv mana yet, but then I haven't seen any recipe's use it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sveini
    on my hunter im engineer, and will stay that for lich.

1: we get the goggles (ofc)
    2: u can make a epic gun at levl 80 (its BOE but whatever:P)
    3: U can make ammo for ur epic gun.
    4: U can extact motes.
    5: u get nice enchants like rocket boots and some dmg stuff for hands, not sure if they are bether then normal enchants yet though. but still somthing to look forward to.
    6: The classic hunter trick, FD and use Jumper cables (Saved me and my raid/party lots of times)
    7: bombs!!
    8: Motorbike (BOE aswell sadly......)
    9: Scopes.

also mining made me rich. and still is making me richer. combine mining, mote extractor and epic mount, and u could earn loads of gold in little time. ( not that much anymore since everyone "found" out of it...) but the idea of it is that u "pick" up motes or mines along ur route while u quest or do dailys, or just fly around. its simply a bonus.

could have made lots and lots more points but. what more do you need ?

its ok, LW can make nice armor, but thats it... after the drum nerf.. im not so sure xD
    but ofc the passive crit u get from having skinning is hawt...

I love being Mining/Engineering. The mining made me good money along with extracting motes, but that wasnt the main reason I took it. I found that the bombs were great in BGs if I had a rogue or warrior on me since it stunned them for 2 seconds and allowed me to get some range.

I have engineering and leatherworking on my hunter and I'm very happy with that choice.

I gather the mats with my alt warrior, who has skinning and mining ofc.

LW gives you fur lining and the armor kits, aswell as other gear which can be very usefull at early heroics/raiding.
    Engineering is always fun and has a lot of good stuff for us hunters. I'm sticking with these professions for a while for sure.

My Hunter is enchanting/skinning, I like the passive skinning buff.

Enchanting was just a person choice as he was my 3rd 70 and I was tired of tracking down enchants, but stuck at like 315, then moved on to my 4th 70.
    "Peace is a lie"

Blacksmithing and Leatherworking.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara