Blue Berry gets to taste the nerf bat

So the fun time is over with the VW is seems. =(

Demonic Empowerment: This talent no longer gives excessive threat to the Warlock’s Voidwalker and is no longer on the global cooldown..

Hope they didnt nerf it to much

Re: Blue Berry gets to taste the nerf bat

A pet made to tank, was actually doing well at tanking for once past level 20??!?!?!! NERF NERF NERF

Glad Blizzard has thier priorities in order...
    User has been banned permanently for trolling due to the following post:
    "Anyone else really loving the new Ghost Form Warlocks were given? You’re immune to all damage, can explore ANYWHERE uninterrupted, hear creepy music and the best part is, you can stay in that form for as long as you want. Cheesy

If you don’t know where to train “Ghost Form”, you can learn the ability for free from any melee class you encounter by clicking the “Release” confirmation window that pops up."

Hmm.. they mentioned a bugg.. ah well..

If by a bug you mean we had a viable pet then spot on! j/k Actually there was some bug where the VW would jump to 100K threat on empowerment use which was well beyond what even the best sunwell tanks could do. As a lock buff advocate even I'll admit that was a goof. If they buffed our pets to do more than 90-150 non FG dps and be super squishy I think we'd have progress. They jumped right on an over strength, why the delay on the weakness. For now our pets are just skill bots we use who are easy prey to other classes and don't do nearly as much in PVE compared to other pet classes. In a similar note anyone else notice the 25 or so buffs to hunter pets in 3.0.3? Clearly they were not strong enough and ours were "working as intended". Do our pets get HUGE stat growth between now and 80 and nobody is talking about it or something? We can't enslave anything cool permanently, ours are a joke to kill vs a hunter pet that is often tougher than the master, and instead of making each pet useful and unique they just nerf the good aspects such they all suck equally. Clearly blizz watches the pets giving their quick fix to the VW, why no help to fix the weak points?
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

Meh.. it is much more fun to be UP and still be called OP

i did hear a rumor that tank pets were hopefullt to be made more viable, as in the right specced class could use there pets to handle 5 mans and heroics, though that was theoretically not intended to last all the way to raid bosses
    all hail king frost strike

Actually, they were supposed to tank regular instances, not heroics and certainly not 25man raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnomnomz
    A pet made to tank, was actually doing well at tanking for once past level 20??!?!?!! NERF NERF NERF

Glad Blizzard has thier priorities in order...
    The poor blueberry is teh suck now. I tried using him to tank the 5-man group quest to open the ogrila dailies and he just didn't pick up any aggro. After the two people on top of him on the aggro charts died, he got smacked real hard into the ground too.... *sigh*

I'm not sure why Blizzard has kept demons this bad for so long. The Felhunter has always been the PvP-pet. Now, Blizzard recently stated that they wanted people to get the Voidwalker out more often, and maybe even the Succubus. But why now? We have a whole tree dedicated to our demons, yet most of them is just a half-assed attempt to make our class unique. I'm not saying they're worthless, just underperforming or mediocre.

Sure, as a Demonology-lock it's awesome to have a demon to keep yourself buffed with Master Demonologist, Soul Link and whatnot, but in my opinion they should be useful.. Not just stick around to keep yourself buffed.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

The fel hunter is the pvp pet for starters, but im 97% of situations when the locks getting torn apart, he pulls out a voidwalker. Rarely if ever did a succy get used, and they wanted it to be a worthwhile pet, instead of just a summon you know.

Quote Originally Posted by ascote
    Actually, they were supposed to tank regular instances, not heroics and certainly not 25man raids.
    actually they were meant to offtank

Perhaps. Well, back to being the useless piece of crap it used to be.

Hopefully VW will get better TPS at 80.
    They should add some sort of extra buff to the void like blood pact but maybe that u get 20% more armor for ex, that would make it more atractive and locks would actually want it in pvp.

the paranoia on VW is just lol cant see it usable so often.
    I get that they didnt want the felpup to be the one and only pvp pet but the changes are just to lame imo =/

Quote Originally Posted by Sathan
    They should add some sort of extra buff to the void like blood pact but maybe that u get 20% more armor for ex, that would make it more atractive and locks would actually want it in pvp.
    if you have master demonologist you get 10% reduction in physical damage taken. that along with soul link is pretty effective against melee. and demon armor increasing healing done to you now as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Talimar
    if you have master demonologist you get 10% reduction in physical damage taken. that along with soul link is pretty effective against melee. and demon armor increasing healing done to you now as well.
    Idd I just ment something extra since the paranioa effect is kinda lame now from what I have experienced so far, and other locks seems to think they die way to fast in pvp at this time... I wouldnt really know I focused on pve on my lock so my pvp gear aint that great :P

felguard 10000 armor
    vw 11000~ armor

bugged empowerment - can actually tank a mob you send it on
    new empowerment - cant tank after second shadowbolt

vw is useless again... bliz is bad

It was a bug, but I do hope they make a change that makes it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by 10stars
    The fel hunter is the pvp pet for starters, but im 97% of situations when the locks getting torn apart, he pulls out a voidwalker. Rarely if ever did a succy get used, and they wanted it to be a worthwhile pet, instead of just a summon you know.
    That's because we have been melee tanks for every arena season and if you take out a felhunter vs. a warrior or rogue you're a complete moron.

It's not because the VW was useful in PVP, he could just take a little more phys damage before keeling over, and a little more Soul Link damage.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.