Farfetched Shadow spec dream....

Title says it, but, I have a dream. In this dream shadow priests, especially in pvp are slightly more mobile. In this dream, they also have at least mediocre dot protection....and so, I present for your enjoyment.

Bitter End (concept spell)

60 Causes 200 shadow damage to the target over 12 seconds. When Bitter End completes it's duration or is dispelled, the target takes 684 damage. This effect can stack 2 times.
    23% Base mana, 30 yrd range, Instant cast

70 Causes 250 shadow damage to the target over 12 seconds. When Bitter End completes it's duration or is dispelled, the target takes 855 damage. This effect can stack 2 times.
    19% Base mana, 30 yrd range, Instant cast

75 Causes 281 shadow damage to the target over 12 seconds. When Bitter End completes it's duration or is dispelled, the target takes 962 damage. This effect can stack 2 times.

80 Causes 328 shadow damage to the target over 12 seconds. When Bitter End completes it's duration or is dispelled, the target takes 1123 damage. This effect can stack 2 times.

Just kicking around idea and /bored. The numbers are vaguely similar to Blizz spell design. This of course represents an alternate 51 pnt talent >.>

What do yall think?

PS You get cool points if you can name the 3 spells I conglomerated together for this! :P

Re: Farfetched Shadow spec dream....

Lifebloom, Unstable affliction, Seed of corruption.

This spell is overpowered in this state. Reduce damage by a factor of 2 and it might be reasonable.

But tbh, he does have a good point. Our dots are way to easily dispelled / removed. When fighting a shittadin, retristyle it has no use to put dots up. They will get dispelled and your stunned and slaughtered before doing any proper dmg.

Deleted

The way you put this spell is like:

Put a flee on a person, make it wander around over the target (you feel something tickling) and after 12 seconds it bites (making the target feel a little itch) Can't see what this spell does on lvl 80's when they have over 20k hp tbh >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Eloro
    Tbh if he is a shittadin, spam rank 1 SWP, trinket stun and just run away he will not notice the difference and be oom rapid.
    Lol !

Have you been reading news recently ? You know that spell cost a percentage of base mana now ?

Yeah, that means you can remove your rank 1 spells from your keybinds...

Tbh if he is a shittadin, spam rank 1 SWP, trinket stun and just run away he will not notice the difference and be oom rapid.

i think we have a shittapriest here.. spamming his 30 dmg over 18 seconds for 25% of his base mana. congratz on failing.

Even stacked 2x the base damage is still below a roughly equivalent level swp. Irregardless, the numbers are for demonstration, not implementation.

I know, it is in fact less than original, but so too are every shadow priests spells. (You cannot tell me you don't feel like a watered down mage/lock)

uhm no. retir is not that dependable on mana anymore and wont go oom before kiling you.

They have 2 stuns so no getting away, seeing human racial and the trinket share the same cd.

rank 1 sw pain costs more than the max range.... you cant downrank anymore. (/sigh at you m8, been over the sites and is in the game so far already).

And all retridins have the increased movement speed in pvp so you cant run away even with boars speed enchant.

The last thing I want is another DoT... sure they are going to scale better but they don't really benefit from haste and jugling 4 dots inbetween our other spells is just making life more and more difficult.

Personally I'd be happy for blizzard to remove DP and give us something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Anglarana
    But tbh, he does have a good point. Our dots are way to easily dispelled / removed.
    Silent Resolve imo.

And if you try to say that it doesn't help, then you must just be unlucky because it helps tremendously for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Implaus
    Irregardless
    Fail.

Quote Originally Posted by derevka
    Fail.
    Hah, so I'm not the only one that caught that. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Jullommir
    Silent Resolve imo.

And if you try to say that it doesn't help, then you must just be unlucky because it helps tremendously for me.
    It does help, but it's not enough IMO. Gaining 2 talent points and 10% dispel, but losing SW as a debuff, means we're worse off than we were pre-patch, and our DoT's are even more important for damage now.

I have always liked a spell that would function something like this: its a passively continuing (15ish seconds) harmful Mind Control. You would cast the spell on someone and whenever they deal damage to anyone they take say 5% of the damage. So, on a warlock.. each dot that ticks would cause 5% damage to them; I thought this would force people to decide if it is worth attacking or not because they would take some damage and make them consider the possibility of getting attacked and taking damage. Would really make PvP, when against an spriest, a much more intellectual fight. I'd say the CD would be around 3-4mins and cost 25% mana.

Quote Originally Posted by derevka
    Fail.
    lol

Old joke, I ended up with the bad habit of actually using the "word" ><

Would a instant DD spell on a ~30sec CD that leaves a debuff (the if dispelled does x dmg, dot protection) on the target be more in line?

IMO they need to fix how easily shadows spells can be dispelled, maybe add something like UA has onto VT. Something could be done with Pain & Suffering to implement this. 1 point gives 50%/2 gives 100% chance to cause 3000 shadow damage (and maybe a silence or more damage) to the dispeller if VT is dispelled. This way it stays as a PvP only talent but gives it a bit more use and makes VT worth casting.

VT is already OP with the coefficent being doubled... there is no way in hell giving a UA type effect would be balanced... I pretty much believe VT is gonna get nerfed at some point in any case.

Blizzard have already stated that the current dispel mechanics aren't ideal and they are working on revamping dispel mechanics/systems to make them feel less random in PvP. I think it's probably a good idea to hear a bit more information on what's intended before we go trying to rebuild the wheel.

I'm not sure what they have in mind but I believe priests are primarily a defensive class and as such should have better resistances to dispel mechanics than other classes but obviously at a price of something else. Apart from MB/SW combos spriests have no real burst and we need to have dots ticking over a period of time before it's worth anything in dps... i'd like to see the class build along those lines... I can't help but feel that every class is getting closer to being the same as all the others... particularly now spriest dps is so high (in PvE terms) I never had a problem with it being low and I still would like to see specs sacrafice dps for utility... obviously won't happen in the new environment but to me that's more interesting then getting every dps class to output the same numbers.