Thread: Flay changed?

Flay changed?

I do not seem to get a stack of weaving for each flay tick. How long has this been?

Getting a full stack of weaving before SW:P is now simply untennable on all but boss fights.

Re: Flay changed?

What are you groups doing wrong for you to get a full stack of shadowweaving and still having enough time to cast SW:P on trash? VT, MB, MF and SW are the only spells I use on trash and I tend to only cast VT on every 2nd mob.

Mind flay has been changed when it hit the live servers. So, now Mindflay only gives one "charge" of shadowweaving. This is how the spell is intended i think, although this might change seeing Blizzard already stated they want the spell to be more like arcane missiles. (I doubt they will change it though).

On thrash now it is difficult to put pain up at a maximum dmg output if the packs of mobs are not big enough, but this is all due to the "low" amount of hp the mobs have and our increased dps (of all classes).

Most of the time i just use VT followed by MB to get the replenishment going for the raid and after that i tab pain them even though its not at maximum dmg output. after that i use the VT / MB combo when replenishment is at 5 seconds or somthing. (if you even need it by then). Or i just mindflay all the mobs a single time to keep pain refreshed.

Mindflay does only give u 1 debuff, but then again...SW gives u 2

Quote Originally Posted by Nitroxyde
    Mindflay does only give u 1 debuff, but then again...SW gives u 2
    Thats because it does dmg to 2 targets
    Both the target and yourself ^^ best thing about it for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    What are you groups doing wrong for you to get a full stack of shadowweaving and still having enough time to cast SW:P on trash? VT, MB, MF and SW are the only spells I use on trash and I tend to only cast VT on every 2nd mob.
    That was my point. Even on the SWP trash the stuff was all dead before SW:P ran it's course.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    Getting a full stack of weaving before SW:P is now simply untennable on all but boss fights.
    I will re-write for clarity. 'Getting a full stack of weaving before using SW:P, if using it at all, is now simply not viable on anything except boss fights.'

just wait for mindsear

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    That was my point. Even on the SWP trash the stuff was all dead before SW:P ran it's course.

I will re-write for clarity. 'Getting a full stack of weaving before using SW:P, if using it at all, is now simply not viable on anything except boss fights.'
    Can't agree more but I don't exactly see that as a problem... and trash normally consists of more than 1 mob so if you wish to use SW:P for whatever reason you'll have full stacks for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th... trash mob.