Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Change In Shadowpriest In The Latest Patch

Has anyone noticed a difference in Spriest or will we notice it more at level 80?
    ???

Re: The Change In Shadowpriest In The Latest Patch

I tested my dps on some dummys in org with a mage. and with FM I noticed a 200-250dps increase. It's fairly nice.

VT ticks for alot more and DP ticks for abit more.
    Crit helps out a ton and is worth getting now.
    If I din't get my math wrong its something along the lines of

SpellPower: 1 dps
    Crit rating: .84 dps
    Haste rating: .64 dps

Haste will become better after a certain amount of Spellpower and Crit.

http://wowwebstats.com/jlxxu4obhpefm

This is from today. I had arcane mage, moonkin and elemental shaman in the party.

Gear: 1376 spellpower, 14.46% crit, 123 haste rating, Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain. I took apart the T6 in order to get a bit more crit so I didn't have 10% Mind Blast increase.
    Shammy used Heroism of course. I think it's fine, because during 3.0.2 with the SAME gear I could push 1600 fully raid buffed. My gear is standard BT / MH one with no SWP parts.

The following: http://wowwebstats.com/dpiqc6oinfopq is with fury warrior in party, so obviously no sinergy there. I did mess up some rotations and tried different things like not breaking Mind Flay channel in order to fire Mind Blast. I believe crit will be a bit more significant stat for us than some simcrafts show so far. Haste benefits only one of our spells while crit + spell power benefit all of them. I think our scaling with crit is now extremely good, but it seems a little bit out of the line so I assume some nerfs will be incoming.

Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

Didnt i read somewhere dots would be able to crit in 3.0.3, or was that before LK arrives , i knoda hoped it was in 3.0.3

Quote Originally Posted by healme
    Didnt i read somewhere dots would be able to crit in 3.0.3, or was that before LK arrives , i knoda hoped it was in 3.0.3
    DoTs were never going to crit, instead DoT damage is increased by an amount equal to your crit % as of 3.03 as a new abiilty introduced to SF (ie you have to be in SF to get it).

There is talk about allowing lock dots to crit as a way to help affliction locks scale. Not sure how far that progressed as i'm not really following the lock discussion threads.

just below the rogues!
    inc nerfs
    Quote Originally Posted by forumfail
    The ensuing debate is so exciting and necessary that I can't stop punching myself in the dick
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    i'd expect the US average to be something obese
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Irdaq/advanced

Sadly, it does seem that some nerfs will be incoming our way. I assume that dots won't do damage equal to crit percentage, they might lower it a bit. But honestly, the way we are NOW - I really like it. We're not completely on top, we are still viable to take to the raid and we do really good dps. It's true that "pure" classes do more but not twice or 3 times more which is really ok.

4 pc T6, unbuffed ~1320 SP, 15% crit, 120ish haste. I was putting out about 1400ish in SW last week. Last night I was 2nd in overall damage and put out 2194DPS on Brutallus! I am absolutely AMAZED at the DPS boost we received with 3.0.3. I was seriously planning on switching my main to my ret pally until I saw what a shadow priest can and should have always been able to do!

I think he means he had an expectation that spriest dps should have always been this high rather than making the literal comment that it was physically possible.

My personal view is changing all dps classes to output similar dps is a shame, I understand why and I don't totally disagree with the direction taken in WotLK. However I liked the fact that some classes did less dps in favour of utility and raid composition was a real strategy you could play with.

In the new environment raid composition is not going to be scrutinised and while raid composition to out of hand at the end of TBC I believe the content forced the raid stacking instead of the raid stacking forcing the content.

Having said all that the new direction has it's benefits and it's not all bad and i'm certainly not the type to have a big QQ and quit because of it. I just feel it's a shame that other solutions weren't found to the problems of old and believe that raid composition should come under more of a micoscope than it will in LK.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthara
    Should of always been able to do? are you serious?
    Do you even have a priest? Please.. stop saying nonsense. Spriest was NEVER able to go past 2K on Brutallus, especially with mentioned gear.

I still think the comment is ambiguous and his intention was to suggest that spriest dps should have been tuned to the current level. I guess he didn't understand in doing so that spriests would have been mana neutral and possibly would have made all the classes in their group mana neutral in the process... not exactly balanced.

I like the change. Both I and the other Spriest in my guild post top 5 in all fights of SWP this week including 1,2 on Mu'ru. 2700 and 2500 DPS respectively on Brutallus when before we were lucky to crack 1500.

Yesterday my guild went to SWP again to get some mor epixxx

On brutallus I used to have around 1400 DPS, but last night after the changes we received I did a whopping 2200 DPS.

So, You can say for sure that we got an immense buff to the class.

If i did ~2000dps on Brut Pre 3.03 ( means 3.02), what will i do now?

Could not test yesterday coz i didnt get in the raid :< Oh i saw our SP did 2400 and he isnt really good so i gues i would have reached maybe 2.6k :/

Im very happy whith this change !

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    If i did ~2000dps on Brut Pre 3.03 ( means 3.02), what will i do now?

Could not test yesterday coz i didnt get in the raid :< Oh i saw our SP did 2400 and he isnt really good so i gues i would have reached maybe 2.6k :/

Im very happy whith this change !
    2k dps on brut is not possible pre patch. Sp dps was still the lowest of all. 2400dps after the patch is unlikely aswell. I am in quite a lot of T6 / sunwell pieces and a fellow SP in my guild aswell but 2400dps is really hard to get to even with the fabulous changes.

EDIT: I forgot about heroism, my bad. With Heroism i got to 2500 dps yesterday as well. But this was on Twins :P

And dps is different per person, you cant just generalisize it by saying we all get 200 / 300 dps increase. It also differs on how you play and what spells you use at what time etc. If shwweaving is fully up and if you use spellpower increasing talents / trinkets / pots / procs of items etc.

Anyone got WWS from beta post 3.0.3? As with the rest of you, my dps went up a TON. Last week was a struggle to get 1650 dps on brutallus, and this week i was at 2535. I was also topping charts on twins, muru, and KJ. seeing this kinda makes me wanna stay spriest, but i wanna see what WWS says along with possible nerfs to shadow ><

Quote Originally Posted by Anglarana
    2k dps on brut is not possible pre patch. Sp dps was still the lowest of all. 2400dps after the patch is unlikely aswell. I am in quite a lot of T6 / sunwell pieces and a fellow SP in my guild aswell but 2400dps is really hard to get to even with the fabulous changes.

EDIT: I forgot about heroism, my bad. With Heroism i got to 2500 dps yesterday as well. But this was on Twins :P

And dps is different per person, you cant just generalisize it by saying we all get 200 / 300 dps increase. It also differs on how you play and what spells you use at what time etc. If shwweaving is fully up and if you use spellpower increasing talents / trinkets / pots / procs of items etc.
    3.02 : http://wowwebstats.com/5zgdyvbzgaquq?s=132267-158887 & http://wowwebstats.com/363mbtvcjoxow?s=139068-172137
    3.03 : http://wowwebstats.com/1ybko2gxsado5?s=130491-162469

Pwned. Just because 2k dps isn't possible for YOU doesn't mean it's impossible for OTHERS.

I'm not in end game gear (my guild was pacing through T5 content and some Hyjal before the patch, now we're nearly finishing Hyjal and BT), but last night I popped into BT for Shade of Akama and Bloodboil, and wrecked harder than ever before. My Recount was showing me at 1700 on Akama, and 2000 DPS on Bloodboil. Couldn't help /flexing all over the better geared Boomkin that I couldn't top previously, and last night I ate him up.