Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best professions for a death knight?

Title says it. I am interested in the best professions will be for a Death Knight. More specifically, I plan to focus on pvp. Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Best professions for a death knight?

Well naturally, I would go with Blacksmithing/Mining... Whether you decide to be an armorsmith or weaponsmith is basically what you'll need to decide... Also I am sure that mining will continue to be the big money maker in WotLk with all the new mining nodes... I'd treat them as if I'd treat a pally or a warrior... Plate armor based profession...
    Work in Progress....

Blacksmithing an mining all the way. If your smart you can save Bs gear to DC as an enchanter later on.
    I think as far as high end play goes BS and enchanting would be pretty nice to have.

Personally im picking up LW as it gives the highest buffs as far as Self only boosts.

Be warned...

Blacksmithing is probably the most difficult and time consuming profession to level. Its right up there with Enchanting.

But BS/Mining would be the best.
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

If you are planning on PvP you also get the +500 hp buff from being a miner. Pretty nice.

I was thinking along the lines of blacksmithing / mining, but I wasn't positive about it. What is the bonus for blacksmithing, how mining gets +500hp. Also, I doubt this happens, but do dk's start with their professions at a higher lvl, or do they lvl them up from scratch?

Self-buff of Blacksmithing: being able to make BoP items.

DKs start from scratch with every profession except First Aid (you start at 270).

Quote Originally Posted by ArthicEU
    Self-buff of Blacksmithing: being able to make BoP items.

DKs start from scratch with every profession except First Aid (you start at 270).
    Alright, thank you.

also quite nice: 2 sockets (wrist and gloves). best thing about them is that they stack with enchants.

i just finished farming all the mats for bs/jc 1-375...

expensive like hell, but i like the combination of extra sockets (colorless btw) and bop gems...

Im going BS/JC on mine.

BS for the extra sockets and JC for http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?items=3&fi...11:1;crv=0:0:0

the JC only stamina Gem is 11 stam higher than the epic stam gem in wotlk. and as you can have 3 of the JC only gems equiped at one time = 33 extra stamina more than not having JC. may not seem like a lot as Mining can give 500 HP. but those gems are very nicely itemised, and the JC trinkets are very hot as well. Especially if you are a Human DK as you will not need a PvP trinket.

In my opinion, if you are truly only concerned with being as good as you can be in PvP, then the best professions to get would be your choice of Skinning, Herbalism, and Mining. The crafting professions really don't give you a significant advantage in gear, because you will be able to get better stuff from PvPing than you can craft. The gathering professions each give a buff as of the last patch. At 70, they are:

Skinning - +15 critical strike rating
    Herbalism - Lifeblood: Instant cast, no cost HoT that heals 1200 health over 4 seconds. Ticks every second.
    Mining - +300 health

Obviously, these will increase when you level your profession up to the new cap. I don't know what the new numbers will be, but you get the idea. There are no buffs like this for any other profession.

So, that's what I would do if all I wanted was PvP.

There is no best profesions, first of all because its going to change and whats is very nice the first few weeks maybe be useless later on. Then there is also if you want to use the the profesion in pvp or pve, and what kind of spec you want to use. If I were you I would just read about the difrent profesions and see what you want to spend alot of money on or if its somthing you want to skip.

But right now in start gear I would say that the best tank combo is bs/jc because jc>mining even though its going to cost ALOT of gold to get that if you even cant because everybody is just buying all ores from the ah.

But there are alot of options if you want something specific or for some reason got an advantedge, Incription adds abit more dodge and sta but if you have been gathering alot of herbs or just want to have an char that got incription it can be a good choice.

LW adds more sta to bracers and drums are still strong even though there now is a 2min debuff.

Ench the ring enchants are still very nice and if you need a disenchanter then thats also a great choise.

And just like that alch gets 50% stronger flask, engi maybe get a new set of googels, even tailoring give you an pretty good cloak enchant.

So just look at what the profesions got to offer and ask what you/your guild/friends what they/you need and then find out if you are ready to spend alot of gold to get that. If that answer is yes then you dont need advice from 1000 ppl on difrent forums that all are going to say something difrent and are all calling the other a noob because X got Y more Z then V and so on. But thats just my 2 cent.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmageddonX
    Be warned...

Blacksmithing is probably the most difficult and time consuming profession to level. Its right up there with Enchanting.

But BS/Mining would be the best.
    I wouldn't say any profession is out of the realm of being taken 1-375 in one night.

Pure PvP, I say BS because those weps will probably be good for a while and herb because of that heal. But the professions that would make the most sense would be mining/BS

http://wotlkwiki.info/index.php/Blac...Gear_Socketing
    Blacksmiths get at least 2 extra sockets, maybe 3. The Belt is sellable like an armor kit. Gloves/Bracers are BS only. The one-hand weapon is potentially removed or, at the very least, no one is sure if it's BS only or not.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=41387
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=41392
    They also (all) get to make these. You could get another BS to make it for you, but if this is the everyone stuff I can't wait to see the Armorsmith/Weaponsmith stuff is.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=41257
    Same as above.

If you can't tell, I want to be a DK tank, but there are dps versions of all of this too.

People seem to be undervaluing, or unaware of, these:
    http://wotlkwiki.info/index.php/Jewe...g#tab=BoP_Gems

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=42646
    http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=42643
    Again someone else could make these for you, but nice.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=44063
    This is JC only, and the blue version. Lots of stam, 2 sockets, nice on use...It isn't even the epic version.

Essentially from BS/JC, you get 2 sockets (maybe 3), 3 awesome gems, a trinket, and some sort of weapon/armor depending on your specialization.

The argument is that these two are just very expensive to, not only get to max level, but to maintain their benefits. I have bought some of the mats, but where I got a lot of the low level stuff was from a friend who leveled an alt. It's amazing how much ore you accumulate leveling when you're saving it while leveling. All I still need is 291 Thorium to have mats to go to 350 in both (which lets you move on to Northrend).

I also have a 375 miner already

Mining lets you have the ore available, but it's a B@#$ to level through old world. 500hp is a nice bonus too, but one JC gem is 41stam. Counting talents...The gems are clearly better. It's a huge convenience to be able to mine that ore though (and find gems). Also, chucking your mining pick is just fun: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=47432

I'm having trouble deciding too. As far as I can tell, there is 2 handers from 10 man Naxx, which is supposedly hella easy, that are better than the crafted epic 2 hander which requires several 20 hr cooldown smeltings as well as other stuff. True the armor looks decent as well, but same thing, most Naxx gear looks equivalent or better. So unless Blizz adds more smithing stuff fairly soon after launch I can't see the point of blacksmithing. (Other than sockets I suppose)

The ones I linked are not the BoP BS specific ones. They should be significantly better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhinanta
    The ones I linked are not the BoP BS specific ones. They should be significantly better.
    They removed the BOP Armor/Weeapons from Armorsmiths/Weaponsmiths.

I actually just saw this, so I don't understand what the point is anymore...There are things pre80 that require it, but they're sort of meh, so I don't know what the point of picking is anymore...

I'm personally going herb/miner. My raiding hunter went double crafting (eng/LW, LW for drums) and when I was BM, the helm was the best thing in the world for me to have (I actually threw down 8k to be the first hunter on the server with surestrike 3.0). However, when I switched to survival my helm which was amazing for BM suddenly seemed below T6 with its complete lack of agility. However, I was forced to pass over helms to other people, since it was viewed I had a really good helm.

Basically, I don't want to put myself in a situation where having a profession will preclude me from being eligible for a drop again. By going double gatherer, at least initially, I don't have worry about that.