The future of Inscription

So Inscription has made me very rich the first few weeks since its release. But I'm wondering if this prosperity will last throughout the expansion. Inscription isn't like other professions. Once everyone has a glyph, there's really no need to ever replace it. I've been seeing minor glyph prices plummet now that every class has what they need, and now that every scribe has the recipe.

Second, Max level enchanters and jewelcrafters make a good reputation from their profession because their recipes are rare and expensive. They can build large social networks from customers. But you never see LF Inscriptionist in the trade channel because all glyphs are so commonly mass produced. So the customer you deal with is actually the aution house, where you do 99% of your business with. I seriously have to sit in front of the auctioneer for an hour just individually clicking my 30 different stacks of glyphs to put on there one at a time.

Finally, I hesitate to max out Inscription because I still don't see any unique BOP item or ability that is exclusive to inscriptionists. Has it been confirmed we are getting an extra glyph slot? Otherwise, I'm really considering dropping it for tailoring for the cloak enchants and especially that kick ass carpet. ;D

Re: The future of Inscription

That's not correct , many glyps is usefull for one fight and another glyps is more imba on a other fight.

when you're progressing its worth replaceing for each fight.

not naxx but above that.
    There is no truth.

And then there are ppl who go do arenas after the raid. If they are serious about both of them they will buy new glyphs since they aren`t that expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    And then there are ppl who go do arenas after the raid. If they are serious about both of them they will buy new glyphs since they aren`t that expensive.
    True, we'll just have to see how blizzard implements glyphs with dual speccing. From what I heard, they might allow you to keep your glyphs when you flip between specs.

I still haven't seen them mention extra glyph slots though.

You mean you are forced to keep the glyphs :P

And dont forget the shoulder enchants for inscriptors only.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpalo
    You mean you are forced to keep the glyphs :P
    What I meant was they might make a system where you get to keep the glyphs from your previous spec, so when you switch back to it later you won't have to replace them.

Also mate they are not fully implemented, You may have a small point but there are +70 glyphs and they will add special BoP recipes i have no doubt.
    What about scrolls. I though you would be able to make unique scrolls? Sry for being ignorant but did that happen?

I, for instace, play Tank, Kittie DPS and Healer and change my Majors alot. Alot more than I ReGem my equipment mate so i think you will be ok.

Mikki
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Mage, Druid, DK & Shaman,

Majors sell for dirt cheap, currently for even lower than cost of mats. Minors are where the money is at, but there's really no need to keep replacing those if you respec often.

I believe incribers also have access to a load of decent BoP epic offhands? not 100% sure on that though.
    There is no agro reset..

We'll have to see how useful the offhands, cards, and deciphering really turns out to be. I've heard they removed the inscriptors only shoulder enchant though. Anyone know if that's true?

Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    Some people are like Slinkies
    Not really good for anything
    But they still bring a smile to your face
    When you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiai
    I believe incribers also have access to a load of decent BoP epic offhands? not 100% sure on that though.
    The offhands will be BoE, so sellable. Also, while not necessarily a long term solution, there will still be plenty of money to be made for a while - Blizzard will continue to introduce new glyphs for a long time (they said they didn't want to put everything out there at once, esp. glyphs impacting new abilities we won't have till we've made the journey to 80).

As to changing glyphs, I believe it's been stated (not sure) that glyphs will be 'stored' with each of your dual specs, so you won't have to re-install them every time you swap specs.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    The offhands will be BoE, so sellable. Also, while not necessarily a long term solution, there will still be plenty of money to be made for a while - Blizzard will continue to introduce new glyphs for a long time (they said they didn't want to put everything out there at once, esp. glyphs impacting new abilities we won't have till we've made the journey to 80).

As to changing glyphs, I believe it's been stated (not sure) that glyphs will be 'stored' with each of your dual specs, so you won't have to re-install them every time you swap specs.
    Yes, they are BoE... BUT; requires incsription to wear them...

This isn't to flame anyone, least of all Crabby, just a small bit of internet edification.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    This bugs me every time I see anyone use the terms inscriptor(s) and inscriptionist.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/inscriptor
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dicti...inscriptionist

Can we agree that if the single largest english dictionary in the world says "The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary." then you should use the correct term. Here is a list:

Inscriber. one who inscribes; to write, engrave, or print characters upon
    Scribe. a copier of manuscripts
    Scrivener. a professional or public copyist or writer

There's a few more, and 5 minutes with any decent thesaurus can give you them all.

Another person QQing about not making easy money? Come up with someone original at least.

Also, I'm at work sitting next to a guy going to school for a Masters in English. Correct phrase would be.

/2 LF scribe to make x....

Quote Originally Posted by Canbie
    Another person QQing about not making easy money? Come up with someone original at least.

Also, I'm at work sitting next to a guy going to school for a Masters in English. Correct phrase would be.

/2 LF scribe to make x....
    Because doing a master in english means you are the world's authority on all grammar, spelling etc? Please, I have a First English Degree from UCL and I still make spelling mistakes (Opportunity is my current bane)

Inscriber is equally as correct, if not more as it retains the sense of Inscribing, as scribe.

If 10k gold is a large amount, then yeah I guess incri. made good money.... still petty change though.

Need moar goldz.