Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Destruction warlocks...whats the deal!?

Whats new with destruction nowa days? I don't really see much of them in BG's. All i mostly see is affliction locks and a few demo locks here and there.

Re: Destruction warlocks...whats the deal!?

Without a lot of haste, Destruction is quite meh.

Might be better at level 80, I don't know.

I have noticed a lot of destruction locks posting videos lately especially world pvp.
    Im not really IN to destruction but.. meh.. I have to admit that a s4 crit gear + instant seduce is doing quite well..
    Way better then affliction and demon.
    Betrayer...
    In truth, it was I who was betrayed.
    Still, I am hunted.
    Still, I am hated.
    Now, my blind eyes can see what others cannot.
    That sometimes the hand of fate must be forced!
    Now go forth...
    Unleash the tides of Doom...
    Upon all those...
    Who would oppose us.

- Illidan Stormrage The Betrayer, Lord of Outland

meh it gets so boring tho playing destro. i play a lock and well i would like to have fun playingthis game. destro isnt its boring as hell and in pvp i'd rather have affliction and have nightfall instant speed howl. i was demonology for levleing but when they changed metamorphasis from overly cool to utter shit i said fuck it and respecced

Destro is currently the best pvp build IMO. 1 on 1 you have more control and the well timed bursts can leave an opponent with no response. In BG's Shadowfury is amazing when used as an escape tool, and when someone singles you out of a crowd you can seduce them/ fear them depending on class. 0/13/48 is my #1 endorsement at 70

I have been playing Demo since the last patch to test the survival, and honestly the same old problems creep up. The snare/stun reduction isn't even felt, and you don't hit hard enough to feel like you contribute anything when the people around you 3 shot things. If you like playing tank then Demo is the way to go.

I have a feeling that at 80 Demo's survival will be much better given the health pools and the fact that the damage people are doing now will be similar at 80.

Its all in playstyle preferance, an offensive defence vs dmg mitigation

immolate>conflag>shadowfury>CB>SBx2

I actually stand a chance in some world pvp now =)

I love Destruction. I think it's more fast-paced than any of the other lock trees. I'm actually laughing about all the now-Ex-Shadow Destruction locks crying about having to go Fire. Fire is fun.

I've been Fire specced in TBC and I kept up with the full Shadow locks during AoE fights (because of ShadowFury) and I've been the lock tank - people can actually go all out as soon as I land my first spell, as opposed to a normal tank who has to generate a bit of threat first.
    Me and two clothie friends of mine (Fire Mage, Holy Priest) have also been 3-manning plenty of 5-mans (we started doing that in the 60's - Scholo and Baron-45). Aggro is never a problem (short cast time + high threat SPs and plenty of BackLash procs especially on packs).

In 2v2 I've been critting / insta critting enough Palas before they even knew they should have been bubbling to make it worth while. If you have Immo on you and 6k hp left in Arena, better get rid of it or you're likely to die. In the past when people could still change gear in Arena, it was lotsa fun teaming with a ShadowPriest as a Fire lock. The opposing team would click their SR macro only to get slapped in the face with lotsa Fire dmg. 1v1 against a non-Fire lock was also lotsa fun. I had the same things they had to prevent Shadow dmg, but Shadow Ward doesn't work against Fire.

right now im running a destro soul link spec and freaking love it , since echos of doom was released as far as pvp goes i found its all about burst dmg and have found with soul link it makes it very viable , i have not done many arena's in a long while so dont hate on my pvp rating

i guess the armory servers are still down but i will post my pvp gear when they come up but here is the spec.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00000000000000

Is empowered Imp and good? The talent sounds cool.

Archaic

Well let me jsut say destro pvp ftw ....im having extreme fun with it...instant seduce is a must...specc im using is 0/14/47 and its just right for me anyways... 1150spelldmg 27% crit with 310 ress and its great fun not ahving problems with any other classes and well tis jsut great fun so you locks who are hesitant about destro pvp...try it... instant seduce immolate shadowbolt meanwhile backlash proccs so you get a double SB fire away end with a conflag and shadowburn and voila ...opponent is gone) great fun

Quote Originally Posted by Archaic
    Well let me jsut say destro pvp ftw ....im having extreme fun with it...instant seduce is a must...specc im using is 0/14/47 and its just right for me anyways... 1150spelldmg 27% crit with 310 ress and its great fun not ahving problems with any other classes and well tis jsut great fun so you locks who are hesitant about destro pvp...try it... instant seduce immolate shadowbolt meanwhile backlash proccs so you get a double SB fire away end with a conflag and shadowburn and voila ...opponent is gone) great fun
    0/14/47 is the way to go. That's what I'm using and it's awesome in pvp. Only trouble is feral druids that get the jump. Can't seduce and can't fear.

0/14/47 is fun but has steep gear req's and critting is still a problem. Only thing to expect crits on is Searing Pain. Shadowfury is a good escape (similar to iHoT). Seduce, Coil, Fear, Shadowfury...you have some CC. Also alot of people don't see it coming since they expect dots. Immo, Conflag, Shadowfury, Immo, Incin if you can, Shadowburn and/or another conflag as a finisher...toss in searing pain as a nuke. At least if its interupted your fears, Seduce, and Shadowfury are not locked. If you have S3 in all slots (or better I'd say its the way to go. If you have less I'd say 47/14/0 UA/SL. Howl, stronger dots, UA for dispel protection, and some mitigation from Siphon/SL gives actual risk to a target vs the 30 mins it will take for your SL/SL dots to bring down a 15K hp/400 plus resil target.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

As a long time destro pvper, I highly suggest you guys make better use out of your seduces. Since immolate is such a fast cast, and vrs any class with dispells you need to burn it for conflag asap try opening with; Soulfire, shadowbolt, or even incinerate. You can toss up the immolate in a heartbeat, burn it w/ conflag, seduce(they will probably trinket this one), reapply immo, shadowfury, fear, light them up with incinterates and finish them off with conflag shadowburn.

Just some friendly advice, Im jelous of you guys atm.. stuck in a small german farm town with no decent internet connection.. QQ
    Once a drunken pirate, alwaysh a drunken pirate... Hic!

just wish you could do a bg w/o 50 shards....

Since the raid season is over till wotlk I may try glyphing searing pain and shadowburn while playing around in some bg's. AV's hardly count since 1/4 of the alliance are low/no resilience scrubs grinding welfare epics or honor to spend at 80.

If the raid gear were not so obvious as "I'm wearing nothing but a towel armor wise" I'd consider just going that way but the felpup staff and whatnot is a bit too noticeable.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

almost makes it more fun though, they recognize your squishy and think oo free kill. Yet realize they made a mistake after getting 3-4 shot and not being able to do anything about it. lol

Archaic

Quote Originally Posted by lrs078
    just wish you could do a bg w/o 50 shards....

Since the raid season is over till wotlk I may try glyphing searing pain and shadowburn while playing around in some bg's. AV's hardly count since 1/4 of the alliance are low/no resilience scrubs grinding welfare epics or honor to spend at 80.

If the raid gear were not so obvious as "I'm wearing nothing but a towel armor wise" I'd consider just going that way but the felpup staff and whatnot is a bit too noticeable.
    yeah thats the downside....the fuckin shards... always with the shards.)

Don't forget to mantion glyph of shadowburn or glyph of searing pain too for destro locks,that help a lot too.

Demo>destro I never was defeated by destro lock and I can kill every1 in 1 on 1.
    only very good Retadins and inteligent rogues (1/100) kills me.
    I got more then 15,1k hp

really good destro locks are hard to find. play against a good one, and you will loose. They have intense burst, sustained damage, and abstract interupts and stuns up the wazoo.. as well as a beefy resistance against magic. Its a spec that takes skill

Quote Originally Posted by yaba
    really good destro locks are hard to find. play against a good one, and you will loose. They have intense burst, sustained damage, and abstract interupts and stuns up the wazoo.. as well as a beefy resistance against magic. Its a spec that takes skill
    not to mention.. a very flashy fight. : destro vids usually rank high in entertainment points.