Thread: A Contradiction

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

A Contradiction

Now, I'm actually curious... Blue posts stated that they wanted people to choose their professions due to how much they LIKE it, not because it offered something they HAD to have. But I've stumbled across a tailoring recipe...that NO caster in their right mind will probably ever use, that cannot be given or sold to melee.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=55777

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but does this not in some way contradict that statement? Of course there will likely be better 'enchants', and if so, what in the HELL would tailors (Who are more often than not, cloth-wearers who do not rely on or use attack power) do with this?

Just curious...

Deleted

Re: A Contradiction

Melee mages will shine in WotLK?

No, maybe they will want to encourage melee players to learn tailoring, or, or, or... The item you just linked... Will be changed... Not that hard to remove that last line, making it a BoE enchant like many others are these days. Ofcourse, it could also be changed so it won't grant 300 AP, but 10% extra AP/SP/STR/Whatever

15+ Year Old Account

Possible. I just found it odd, it sparked my curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    Melee mages will shine in WotLK
    That's your answer.
    Refer to the "S" in the upper left corner.

No but really, I agree.. that's quite odd, giving their statement about professions. Complete contradiciton.
    Hopefully they'll make it BoE.

Perhaps a nod to the classes that have taken tailoring for cloth spec cooldowns that are in fact melee classes?

It's really a moot point, considering that it (and all the other Embroideries) are weaker than Enchanter-provided cloak enchants, and do not stack with them, either.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

I know a few druids with tailorism, they can use it for feral set.

An encouragement for Warriors to pick up tailoring perhaps...

I know plenty of non-clothies who picked up tailoring for the easy money (bags). They aren't forced to drop it for something else for hardcore raiding now.

Maybe they are changing it slightly and it will work for warlock pets (felguard attacks in melee) yes its a long shot but the only thing I could think of

because its only a single person buff it is certainly very strange.

I couldnt beleive when my brother(lock) changed to leatherworking for drums, thousands of gold for one item, but at least it effects the whole group.

15+ Year Old Account

Eh...whatever. If they make those epic patterns BoE when crafted, I'm dropping my professions. Never managed to make money off them anyway. Specifically engineering. I want the goggles, but I'm not spending "10,000g" just to level it up to make ONE item that may not last very long.

I am still waiting for a monk class...
    Then you can be a kung fu priest!

Quote Originally Posted by Advent
    Now, I'm actually curious... Blue posts stated that they wanted people to choose their professions due to how much they LIKE it, not because it offered something they HAD to have. But I've stumbled across a tailoring recipe...that NO caster in their right mind will probably ever use, that cannot be given or sold to melee.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=55777

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but does this not in some way contradict that statement? Of course there will likely be better 'enchants', and if so, what in the HELL would tailors (Who are more often than not, cloth-wearers who do not rely on or use attack power) do with this?

Just curious...
    Because melee cant be tailors right?

15+ Year Old Account

Not "can't" be. Just "shouldn't" be.

with engy u do get motes(or w/e theyre caleed now) and motorcycle !!!

tedbt

Quote Originally Posted by Hershey1808
    with engy u do get motes(or w/e theyre caleed now) and motorcycle !!!
    The motorcycle is BoE and anyone can ride it, you do not need to be an engineer. That being said though, most of the items to craft it are bought off vendors in Dalaran and other places, these items to make the bike alone cost around 15k gold total and thats not even including the stuff that can be farmed or bought from the AH.

All said and done I believe the bike will run for 30k ish gold on the AH

Quote Originally Posted by tedbt
    The motorcycle is BoE and anyone can ride it, you do not need to be an engineer. That being said though, most of the items to craft it are bought off vendors in Dalaran and other places, these items to make the bike alone cost around 15k gold total and thats not even including the stuff that can be farmed or bought from the AH.

All said and done I believe the bike will run for 30k ish gold on the AH
    god that's gonna be retarded

looks like I'm not dropping mining on my druid so soon I wanted to go JC/LW for WoTLK for drums and gems as well as sexy bracer enchants

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH WHILE BILLY MAYS IS TALKING

My Paladin is my tailor. I did it because of enchanting and using it to get easy mats as I leveled up. I like being able to make bags and the ability to make some decent leveling gear for my Warlock. People have always looked at me weird for being a plate-wearing tailor, but now having the 300 mana gained cloak enchant makes me a little less likely to drop it and skillup something else from 1-450.

Well I'm not going to question why anyone would ot would not choose a profession... but I don't find any contradiction... au contraire.
    Blue posts stated that they wanted people to choose their professions due to how much they LIKE it, not because it offered something they HAD to have.
    a tailoring recipe...that NO caster in their right mind will probably ever use
    There's no contradiction there, both statements go on the same direction. What they do is that anyone, cloth-user or not, has benefit from a profession...
    If a warrior for any reason likes tailoring so much, that warrior can roll tailoring and still get some benefit from the profession...
    It's weird? OK, it is, but not a contradiction.
    World of Warcraft is merely a setback...