Thread: A Contradiction

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: A Contradiction

also this http://thottbot.com/i24269 its the Tailor net, and that would be nice for things trying to run from the rogue /war.

I had a guildie who was a warlock blacksmith back pre-TBC. Basically things like this let people pick the professions they want and still get a bonus. There's no real reason why a rogue shouldn't be a tailor or a mage shouldn't be a blacksmith. If they like the professions then let them have them, and let them benefit. Also, with the flexibility of the blacksmithing sockets and the fact that leatherworkers have bracer enchants suited for anyone (including clothies who picked it up for drums), tailoring would have been the only profession that didn't give the full bonus to people of the "wrong" class.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

15+ Year Old Account

Fine, you've stated your points. It still makes no sense to be honest. A hulking, axe-wielding brute warrior as a tailor that knits and sews cloth is just plain odd. Aside from the one cloak enchant, what else is there to benefit him?

All I'm saying is that it requires a high-level skill to make, meaning it's unattractive to anyone who's looking for something that will benefit them in the long-road, and it is easily replaceable by a much better enchant.

maybe a little something extra so you don't feel like an artard for picking up tailoring for a flying carpet

Quote Originally Posted by Advent
    A hulking, axe-wielding brute warrior as a tailor that knits and sews cloth is just plain odd.
    You totally lost track of the RPG part of the game and the fact that not everyone goes for the biggest gain in everything.
    Engineering pre-tbc was pretty much just for fun. Hardly anything usefull came out of it and still people used it because they liked it.
    Now the axe weilding brute warrior can take what he enjoys and still get -something- out of it. not the best, but still it's nice to have.

And besides the image of that same bad ass warrior with the axe slung over his shoulder exchanging knitting with a couple of grannies while sipping tea is hilarious to me :P

P.S. I took 2 crafting proffesions on my main because I do want a better gain from my 2 proffesion slots, and I can't get that from gathering profs as a healer. That doesn't mean I'll frown on people who pick stuff for the fun of it even if it means it's going to be slightly less usefull..
    live and let live and all that :
    "Remember, remember the 6th of July.
    The Real ID treason and Plot.
    I see no reason why the Real ID Treason
    Should ever be forgot."

Fine, you've stated your points. It still makes no sense to be honest. A hulking, axe-wielding brute warrior as a tailor that knits and sews cloth is just plain odd. Aside from the one cloak enchant, what else is there to benefit him?
    The biggest benefit to leveling tailoring is to level enchanting. Non-tailor enchanters have a really fun time leveling both at once, I know I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    The biggest benefit to leveling tailoring is to level enchanting. Non-tailor enchanters have a really fun time leveling both at once, I know I did.
    This ^^

And just to clarify, my DK will be a miner/tailor to feed my main.

I hope it ruins your view of the game, because I find a blade wielding minion of death with a thread and needle hillarious.

Just a thought: Why is it accepted for warlock to be tailors then? The pajamas? Study fel books and demonic powers all day to be capped off with a night of embroidery. OK

Aside from the one cloak enchant, what else is there to benefit him?
    To actually answer your question, see below:
    • Crafting Flying Carpet mount
    • Crafting bags (money making or own gain)
    • Crafting nets for PvP
    • Cloth Scavenging for extra cloth (for both Tailoring and First Aid)
    • Special made cloth (Spellcloth, Mooncloth, Shadowcloth)
    Not too shabby actually I am keeping this on my Warlock (together with Enchanting).[/list]

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    And just to clarify, my DK will be a miner/tailor to feed my main.
    Oeh brilliant idea, couldn't decide what 2nd prof to give it next to mining, but tailoring is a nice standalone prof for that purpose
    "Remember, remember the 6th of July.
    The Real ID treason and Plot.
    I see no reason why the Real ID Treason
    Should ever be forgot."

That or skinning, because skinning is by far the easiest gathering prof to level up.