Last minute Proffession dilemma pre WotLK, HILFE!

Ive been looking around now for awhile on the forum for a topic where I could
    get my questions anwsered but I just couldnt find a good topic wich anwser my questions so ill try making a thread myself to see if there is anyone who's into this and knows his/her stuff.

So here is my situation; I am a warrior and ill pvp/pve dps mainly, I was firstly thinkin that I would go Mining+BS (obivously to get my hands on a good weapon in start of expansion) but since Blizzard isnt planning on doing that im now having a dilemma, im _not_ leveling proffessions cause it's fun or whatever, I level it to be topnotch, so I am looking at wich proffessions gives me the most benefit for myself if I level them, that means, the _BoP stuff_ wich I can just get my hands on if I am that proffession. Ill list up all that I know of so far, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

- Mining = 500 extra hp (Wich in my opinion is pretty useless since I am not gonna tank)

- Skinning = 25 crit rating (This is imo ALOT better then that extra hp)

- BS = I get socket on gloves and belt + possibly metagem on chest? (I am not 100% if that socket on gloves and belt was uniqe for BS only, I think you could trade/enchant 1 of them on none-BS'ers?)

- LW = AP bracer enchant, think it was +90 AP? but how much better is that really
    then an normal +AP enchant wich enchanters are most likely gonna get in wotlk?
    Leg armor, but I heard there is a version wich is just as good but just more expensive materialls?

- Engineering = As far as ive understood there are some nice stamina stuff for tanking but as I said above, that's not interestin me alot, what is interestin to me tho is the "enchants", haste on gloves (+320 haste rating for a few seconds?) and "rocket boots enchant" on boots, are these BoP or tradeable(BoE) and can they be used in arena? and do you need some sort of spec. for any of them? Like goblin or gnome or are all engineers no matter if you're goblin or gnome able to make them?

- JC = some BoP gems but aint been so interestin, add me if I am wrong..

- Inscription = gemslot for shoulders, is that tradeable(BoE) or BoP? extra Major+Minor glyph slot.

Didnt add any more since Tailor etc isnt that interestin for a warrior

Thanks for reading, Please if you do know, feel free to anwser my questions wich I am unsure about, and once again I am just interested in what makes me the most topnotch(as a warrior) BoP enchants/items, not wich proffession I gain the most gold from or what is the most fun..

/ Alex

Re: Last minute Proffession dilemma pre WotLK, HILFE!

I'm doing the same stuff. I raised enchanting only to enchant my rings. And i would've picked up JC for the soulbound gems if it wasn't for the epics that got released.
    Together with Enchanting i got mining since when i lvl'd up and i will keep it that way as a level to 80.
    Then I will drop mining for either JC or Inscription based on what they release that will benefit ME the most.
    If it's both then ill drop enchanting too..

But as of today i'm not sure what to pick, all i know is that i will keep the mining for money as I lvl.
    Also, the stamina buff you get might be a keeper? I'm not sure.

I'm pretty sure it's all down to JC/Enchanting/Inscription tho, but I think it's to early to say which one will benefit you the most in a given situation.

And my pov is all about pvp.

LW + BS or LW + JC imo - combos with biggest +ap "bonuses"

Blacksmithing and either Jewelcrafting, Leatherworking, or Inscription.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Masptak
    LW + BS or LW + JC imo - combos with biggest +ap "bonuses"
    LW's ap bonus through the imba bracer enchants has been effectively nerfed by the buffing of enchantings bracer enchant to be almost as good.

Only thing is that enchanting can cost you 500g to reach that.

But; I'm ret and I have lvled BS for that BOP weapon which isn't coming.. Thanks blizz!! Grr, but I guess that I will benefit from it in some way, so I ain't that upset again. But they said that they did not want it to be a profession that people had to pick; tailoring is the same imo for clothies =)

And I now have skinning; the crit seems like a small bonus, but I keep it for lvling =)

bump

Well the idea is there is no simple answer to this dilemma. Blizz is trying to make prof's more balanced, so hordes of people all shouldn't be going for the same ones.

I guess what it comes down to is what stats are most important for you. If you're a tank, the mining hp boost is good. If you care about dps, then skinning and leatherworking have the crit and ap boosts.

It seems to me that BS and JC are pretty similar because one gets more gem slots and one gets better stats from fewer slots. Both of these are more versitile cause you can choose different gems if you want a different focus. Enchanting is pretty similar, giving you different enchants to choose from on your rings for different focus.

Then there's inscription. I'd say just look at your glyphs. Some specs get many glyphs that are really good, others don't.

It's hard to say which will prove the best in the long run. The addition of new glyphs could make inscription much better, but for me, I'm trying to balance the focus between long term and short term, because in the short term BOP items are really good.

That's why i'm going mining/engineering for my tanking DK. Mining for the Hp boost, engineering for the BOP goggles which are going to be a nice head item for at least a few months or maybe more.

Quote Originally Posted by Yupowing
    engineering for the BOP goggles which are going to be a nice head item for at least a few months or maybe more.
    lol

You can't get them until 80, since they require Wrath's version of a Primal Nether, and they're outclassed by the first helm you find in Naxx 10, which means all the good they'll do you is the time between starting Heroics and starting Naxx.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Alexdude
    - Mining = 500 extra hp (Wich in my opinion is pretty useless since I am not gonna tank)
    Wrong. A dead warrior does 0 dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by ant1pathy
    The definition of balance is when all the classes are whining at the same time, at the same volume.

myrddinde

well if you checked closer you will see that ring enchants = 64 ap, Should enchants will be 64 AP better than the normal ones, etc. The Gems, LW armor patches come out about the same.
    No profession is needed anymore so I suggest you take those that will use the most in daily life. For me that is enchanting and a second profession, haven't decided myself what to get. But blacksmithing is totally useless now and can easily done by an alt - maybe a dk even? ;-)
    I think for you Alchemy might have be a nice choice. Stronger effects, Potions you can use in arena, etc etc ... If you are using consumables at least ;-)
    It will give you the satisfying feeling to have a profession you actually use in daily life. I am BS, 375 skill and I haven't crafted stuff since over a year ... Almost forgot that I still have the profession.
    As shaman I can't craft stuff I need, Mail armor (Mail!) is leatherworking, sharpening stones will be removed (and windfury weapon > stone) and welt he weapons will be replaced with bop epic soon enough.