Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Signature failures

Dear MMO crew, fellow visitors,

I am sure you all have seen the extreme wildgrowth of people with signatures full of images. And more rule than exception, these images are either very large, or paired with a stat-overview for each of the poster's characters, sometimes up to four or five images.

I am not only referring to those armory signatures (you know, the ones with uesless stats that nobody cares even the least about), but also about 200px height character "art" or some plain retarded tank, constructed of big black pieces of screenfilling.

Basicly, what I want to know, is if the MMO crew feels this is something that could be adressed in one of the future forum-iprovement-sessions. Very simple solutions would be to limit the hight/width or signatures, further limit the number of characters and/or just accept only one [img] tag per signature.

I know, Firefox (and some other browsers as well, me thinks) have the option to block images from certain sources, but is that really the way to go? Accept people filling up complete screens with sig-images and tell people to "do it yourself" when it bothers them?

Some of you may think this is just "QQ" (to use a term populair amongst the many infants using it) but serious replies are very welcomed, not in the last place from the MMO crew itself

Bombs away!

Re: Signature failures

My signature is worth 9001 internets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagdush
    I would drag my dick through a mile of lava just to listen to someone that's installing the beta on Skype.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dalco
    My signature is worth 9001 internets.
    And it proves a point at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    Dear MMO crew, fellow visitors,

I am sure you all have seen the extreme wildgrowth of people with signatures full of images. And more rule than exception, these images are either very large, or paired with a stat-overview for each of the poster's characters, sometimes up to four or five images.

I am not only referring to those armory signatures (you know, the ones with uesless stats that nobody cares even the least about), but also about 200px height character "art" or some plain retarded tank, constructed of big black pieces of screenfilling.

Basicly, what I want to know, is if the MMO crew feels this is something that could be adressed in one of the future forum-iprovement-sessions. Very simple solutions would be to limit the hight/width or signatures, further limit the number of characters and/or just accept only one [img] tag per signature.

I know, Firefox (and some other browsers as well, me thinks) have the option to block images from certain sources, but is that really the way to go? Accept people filling up complete screens with sig-images and tell people to "do it yourself" when it bothers them?

Some of you may think this is just "QQ" (to use a term populair amongst the many infants using it) but serious replies are very welcomed, not in the last place from the MMO crew itself

Bombs away!
    Profile -> Modify Profile heading -> Look and Layout preferences -> Check "Don't show users signature" -> ??? -> Profit!

More pictures and long sigs do not equal good sigs. although thats a clever sig, give ya that. But i ahte scrolling down through 4 pictures just to get to next post. And I dont want to mess with my setting to fix problems other people created
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Hermit
    deathwing roars the infamous roar, and after it a sound plays and it goes
    "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWRRRR IM A DWAGON" then boom, the background has a volcano erupts and kaelthas comes out of it

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSnake83915
    Profile -> Modify Profile heading -> Look and Layout preferences -> Check "Don't show users signature" -> ??? -> Profit!
    Thank you for pointing that out to me.
    Either I have not seen that before, or I forgot about this...

Still, a valid point is that I should not have to change anything, just because other people are clueless morons with a signature-fetish.

thats what the setting is there for.

i haven't found myself impeded from reading any thred by signatures, sometimes they are helpful they provide insight into the persons nature....like if they have a ret pally pictured in there sig you know anything they say is bullshit :P

No prob To be honest I didn't know it was an option here before, I just checked because I've seen the option on a few other forums I frequent.
    Still, a valid point is that I should not have to change anything, just because other people are clueless morons with a signature-fetish.
    I agree. I wish there were some sort of common sense about the whole deal... there are many good options, such as only showing your main, or using the rotating sig images, or using the sig image of your main and then you alts just in text below that, etc etc... One can wish ;D

I'm fairly certain that you yourself used to have one of those large sigs. So are you calling yourself a clueless moron as well?

Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by SolidSnake83915
    Oh god, thanks <3

It's welcome, not "welcomed".(Not dissing, just saying.)

Quote Originally Posted by Motarro
    I'm fairly certain that you yourself used to have one of those large sigs. So are you calling yourself a clueless moron as well?
    In every Somnio post I've seen before, there was a rather large, rather blue sig of a dwarven mage. Hypocrisy much?

Quote Originally Posted by lalartu
    thats what the setting is there for.

i haven't found myself impeded from reading any thred by signatures, sometimes they are helpful they provide insight into the persons nature....like if they have a ret pally pictured in there sig you know anything they say is bullshit :P
    So so true, all you need to do is spend time in the pally forums....

Limiting the amount of images allowed in Signatures would take some recoding and I am not sure if they want to do that, but it is a valid idea, maybe no more than 2 images per signature. Also, 200px is not that large... But it is still kinda on the large side, mine sits at around 150 and it is still kinda of big. And as long as the signature picture isn't more than the standard screen width, who cares. :P

There's nothing particularly wrong with a single character pic. What I find amusing I when there's a stack of your alts underneath that no one cares about...

Got a flat-screen monitor forty inches wide
    I believe that your says "Etch-A-Sketch" on the side

Forum signatures bogging you down? Time for an upgrade friend.

Edit: Bonkers, yeah! Totally nuts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Il1dan
    Sorry bro but it is mmo-champion the #1 QQ web site on the net

This post = Win

I'm all for size limits and one image per signature, but it basically falls on people to report the bad sigs. Two character images is excessive.

Oh well, signature rules, effective now.
    • Max size : 550x150 Pixels
    • One image maximum
    • No stupidly big .gif animations and stuff like that.

Aww. =/ Stupid QQers ruin everyone's fun.
    Obelodalix
    "There will be a mount reward for killing Deathwing."
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...c3VvPCVHwc_kWA