Poll: How do you feel warlocks are doing right now?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: State of warlocks (PvP)

Are we still talking about mages?

A good mage will kite demo locks till you are dead. They outrange you and can spam a snare+CoT that you can only remove once. You have no chance if they are good.

If they are dumb you can maybe kill them by spamming direct damage till they lock out fire. Then fear/drain life/win.

I say this as a full S4 glad lock playing as metamorphisis/bane. This means I use a felguard. Maybe things are radically better with a felpuppy, but I don't see why that would be.

With that gear, i have 1600ish shadow spell damage and my SB's hit for 2k and up. But I certainly don't cast SB's against mages unless i'm trying to time at end of their bubble (and CS is down).

Quote Originally Posted by Undeadnerf
    Ok keep slow on yourself then. Fear doesn't have a cooldown, I guess you shouldn't use trinket on that either since it can be reapplied.

Maybe you guys should learn about things you CAN DO, instead of complaining about how you can't do stuff.
    well Slow, obviously, has diminishing returns just like fear......

... oh wait :

Quote Originally Posted by zaklothar
    A good mage will kite demo locks till you are dead. They outrange you and can spam a snare+CoT that you can only remove once. You have no chance if they are good.

If they are dumb you can maybe kill them by spamming direct damage till they lock out fire. Then fear/drain life/win.

I say this as a full S4 glad lock playing as metamorphisis/bane. This means I use a felguard. Maybe things are radically better with a felpuppy, but I don't see why that would be.

With that gear, i have 1600ish shadow spell damage and my SB's hit for 2k and up. But I certainly don't cast SB's against mages unless i'm trying to time at end of their bubble (and CS is down).
    You're spot on. If you're out in the open, with no cover, no teammates, a mage can stay at 36yards and "Kite" you. But a hunter can theoretically do the same thing @41 yards and we all know how often that works.

"If you want a pro strategy, you can catch the mage with a Fel Dom+Invis Succubus and snare them with seduce. It's the old school strategy for catching hunters back in the day when everyone on a PVP server was insanely good."

That is however a rare dueling circumstance. I have not been in that situation because I charge after everyone, even mages. By the time they get 20 yards ahead of me they're almost dead and I use demonform intercept to get closer and move toward their blink region, but in theory a mage can have position and kill you. This situation is not possible in team sports, arena, or a properly prepared world PVP/BG scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Undeadnerf
    You're spot on. If you're out in the open, with no cover, no teammates, a mage can stay at 36yards and "Kite" you. But a hunter can theoretically do the same thing @41 yards and we all know how often that works.
    Uh, what? Slow has no cooldown, conq shot/intimidate/traps/disengage have long cooldowns.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Not sure if anyone of you played Beta.

The last 2-3 weeks of pvp, warlocks are top of the food chain. Allfiction/SL (17) rocks.

Granted, none of the beta testers had proper time to test out the arena after all the balancing and tweaking.

But all I have to say is with equal gear, the only ones I don't have 100% confidence I can beat are shadow step rogues and a extremely good death knight.

Arcane mages are laughable at 80 for Affliction locks even with mage armor.

The thing to remember is if they use all their cooldown skills, we have to use all of our cool down skills too, aka. use healthstone.

Quote Originally Posted by azneagle
    Not sure if anyone of you played Beta.

The last 2-3 weeks of pvp, warlocks are top of the food chain. Allfiction/SL (17) rocks.

Granted, none of the beta testers had proper time to test out the arena after all the balancing and tweaking.

But all I have to say is with equal gear, the only ones I don't have 100% confidence I can beat are shadow step rogues and a extremely good death knight.

Arcane mages are laughable at 80 for Affliction locks even with mage armor.

The thing to remember is if they use all their cooldown skills, we have to use all of our cool down skills too, aka. use healthstone.
    I dont know if I wanan be absolute top of the food chain but Id certainly just like to have a fighting chance. Right now my alt hunter in really crappy gear seems to live longer and eats a lot of locks up pretty quickly.

personally i was always a die hard desto fan, but i must say with the new haunt spec i have crossed over. I love the fact that affliction takes alot of skill to get the rotation down, 100% haunt up-time keeping the 2xshadow embrace effect and ua, nightfall and tap timings. i love it! i hated when a warlocks dps (21/40) was more about gear than skill in fact the only way i was able to out dps other locks with same gear was mana managment and trinket/blood fury timing. I think that skill should drive a bigger wedge in damage output in wotlk than it did in bc.

Regarding pvp i also am pvping haunt spec (no point ua/sl, arena atm..wtf?) with the new 8sec cd you are able to have 2 haunts on multiple targets at a time which again takes alot of skill and if u are aware of when its about to end u can time ur life taps (which is cruitial if u need mana at low hp). so personally i am very excited for pve/pvp at level 80. i beleive that desto will still be the mainstream raiding spec (because its simpler) but with all the changes it would be best if all raids had at least one lock of each spec, (i.e afflic for imp. fh int, demo for spelldmg and desto for imp hp buff) I do belive that skilled appropiatley geared afflic locks will do the top dps from the specs with desto locks a close second. But if meta locks can get a good rotation (in and out of meta) i believe they maybe an unknown quantity with suprising results. Let the games begin!! =D
    More pew pew less QQ