lvl 80 Destro: Empowered Imp vs. Demonic Sacrifice

Heya, I'm planning to raid with a destruction build, but i still dont know what is better to choose. Atm i am using a build with Demonic Power, Empowered Imp and Improved Imp.. will add Unholy Power + Glyph of Imp for maximized dmg from my pet: >> Build <<

but i still can't decide if all these buffs for my pet can beat the 10% fire dmg bonus if i spec like >> This <<

Imp survivability is good atm and the damage with all improvements is nice. The Empowered Imp buff is nice but still it doesn't make your crit chance 100% and my 1st casted spell eats the buff, doesnt matter if i crit or no. The Blood Pact is removed by warrior's Commanding Shout so imp is not a party/raid buff anymore. On the other hand if i spec the second build i will have Nether Protection and will have self damage increased by 10%. In addition i will have 1 free major glyph spot.
    Straight from the bottom and I'm tryin' to get higher...

Re: lvl 80 Destro: Empowered Imp vs. Demonic Sacrifice

Why not both? *clickmeplz*

Quote Originally Posted by atrx
    Why not both? *clickmeplz*
    why would u want to buff a pet ur just going to sacrifice?

there is no good talent tree for warlocks, they are broken, face it

15+ Year Old Account

Broken!? Please spare me the QQ people.
    Why don't you try making the best out of it instead?!

This Imp-thing will be interesting to test. I haven't played on beta and I can't give you any numbers
    However, making sure your little helper survives a boss fight all the way through will be a chalange.
    "I am greatly concerned where we are headed in general with gaming, into what seems like an environment where difficulty is not allowed to exist, and learning curves are to be frowned upon. Failure is no longer an option it seems."

Broken in PVP no doubt there. PVE...we were quite a bit behind and blizz realized it and worked on it. We are not there yet but moving in the right direction enough I'm keeping my lock as my main. Part of making the best of it is discussion. I've been through a small fortune in respecs and a ton of offnight/side raiding to test things in a raid environment. I prefer to share that experience w' other locks and listen to their experiences.... In any guild there may only be 1 or 2 decent locks so being able to /discuss intelligenty isn't as easy as you'd think.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

Firstly, forget about saccing your pet, that's gone the way of the dodo unless you're in a fight where your pet simply cannot survive (and I doubt very much there'll be many of those if any at all).

Secondly, if you're putting that many points into destro, get Chaos Bolt. It's a DPS increase. If you don't want Chaos Bolt, forget about wasting points in something like F&B and go deeper into Demo. Most likely top DPS specs at 80 will be 0/41/30 or 0/30/41 builds assuming talents remained unchanged from present.

I really dont see the connection between F&B and chaos bolt, as fire destro it increases the immolate dmg and gives some nice crit chance to conflag.

also i see CB getting fixed all the time so in the end it may end up with the same dmg like incinerate. I didnt try the beta but this effect to go through absorbation shields seem more pvp to me atm.
    Straight from the bottom and I'm tryin' to get higher...

Quote Originally Posted by Fimotik
    Firstly, forget about saccing your pet, that's gone the way of the dodo unless you're in a fight where your pet simply cannot survive (and I doubt very much there'll be many of those if any at all).

Secondly, if you're putting that many points into destro, get Chaos Bolt. It's a DPS increase. If you don't want Chaos Bolt, forget about wasting points in something like F&B and go deeper into Demo. Most likely top DPS specs at 80 will be 0/41/30 or 0/30/41 builds assuming talents remained unchanged from present.
    This man speaks the truth.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fimotik

31/0/40 will be nice... Its classic Destro spam with Imp and one point Eradiction.
    Guild Website - server EU-Drak'thul (Horde)
    www.impiks.cz

Quote Originally Posted by Morath
    31/0/40 will be nice... Its classic Destro spam with Imp and one point Eradiction.
    though I think your missing the point of using your imp with a destro build entirely... it looks decent, Id have to do a fair share of theorycrafting, but I dont think it will do nearly the dps of a deeper destro tree that makes use of emp imp.

I was tossing around the idea of http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00300000000000

Would be the max crit and and +%damage you can get on your incinerate.
    Once a drunken pirate, alwaysh a drunken pirate... Hic!

Quote Originally Posted by yaba
    I was tossing around the idea of http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00300000000000

Master conjuror would be better than master summoner.

true enough.. so hard to accept fire and spell stones being viable.. lol

though Ill miss running around in dodge/stm/melee haste gear with my http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30865 and owning unsuspecting lowbies.. I have an epic story about firestone ganking in wpl, turns out its a viable lvl 70 pvp spec.. against complete scrubs.. lol

I can't tell you for sure, but my feeling is that EmpImp will be better.
    And I remark "will" because I currently have low spirit and I'm not sure about how will work the mana gained with Life Tap having spirit, since I'm at +0 atm.
    Have tested both at 70, playing Black Temple and I found that mana consumption in destro is really low and Life Tap is not capping my DPS.
    Anyway, I'd say "level to 80 first and do the tests", maybe... prolly... hopefully... when we start raiding we'd have some fixes and talent trees will be more consistent with the other classes and all these thought would have been worthless
    World of Warcraft is merely a setback...

Quote Originally Posted by dsmania
    Anyway, I'd say "level to 80 first and do the tests"
    qft, though with some serious theroycrafting you could come out with the results before hand.. granted Im not playing wow atm, and am way to lazy to do that.

though I think your missing the point of using your imp with a destro build entirely... it looks decent, Id have to do a fair share of theorycrafting, but I dont think it will do nearly the dps of a deeper destro tree that makes use of emp imp.

I like this Idea http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...00300000000000 Imp have too low crit and its usefull, 3-7% crit is nothing... You have better bonus from Shadow Mastery and Improved DoTs in your circle.
    Guild Website - server EU-Drak'thul (Horde)
    www.impiks.cz

Here's my two cents.

Rather then trying to maximize the imps damage, use the imp to maximize your damage.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...h=000000000000

I think without Mana Feed, the imp is going to go oom pretty fast, leaving emp imp a waste. This way, you can only get 1 point in emp imp unless you want to give up master demo. But 3% damage and crit on fire spells is better then the extra 66% chance your imp will give you your 20% crit.

What do you think?

We'll have to wait and see what imp mana regen is like in lvl80 raiding gear.. the outcome will really shape this spec and how good it can be.

We'll have to wait and see what imp mana regen is like in lvl80 raiding gear.. the outcome will really shape this spec and how good it can be.
    pets cannot run out of mana in a 25 man raid group.. bloodlust or not.. improved or not.. they just cant run out... blizzard dropped cast speed of the imp... then nerfed emp imp and didnt fix cast time... even at its old faster cast rate.. it wasnt going oom in a raid... they definatly based their pet ooming on 5 mans.. because it just cant happen in raids ^_^ and esp if you have any points in improved soul leech.. which if your deep destro you pretty much have to...

Quote Originally Posted by infinitis
    pets cannot run out of mana in a 25 man raid group..
    I must say, if that is true I honestly think this spec;
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...h=000000000000
    will do some very nice damage.

11 crit from talents, with the added extra of your imp being a rail gun that buffs your crit even further.

On top of that, the rotation is fairly simple and lets you stay mobile.