Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Wat talents to use as a balance druid?

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbiz
    Proc on Owlkin Frenzy is not that good to take it for PVE, it's just a PVP talent.

I tried it on beta and it feels like such a waste.

And who's this "you" guy ? I don't want to rush in I'd rather root the bastard and watch him slowly die to the root's DoT instead of spamming Wrath like I have infinite MP.

You won't need Innervate, I barely used it, just make sure you get both Intensity and Dreamstate and get some Spirit and you're good to go.
    no offense but proc on owlkin frenzy is absolutely worth the points. 10% increase to damage? Where isn't this useful? 9k crits on current content, will be better at 80. It is only not useful if you never take damage as it procs a lot and is up almost constantly on most of the boss fights I've seen in BC.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

No offense too, but I'd like to see some evidence that it's up 'almost constantly' - if it is, it's going to be fixed.

It's a PVP talent mainly, it's nice to have if you plan to AOE a lot, but if you CAN put 3 points elsewhere - you shouldn't take OF.

Hi,

Any proc talent. Be it OOC, Frenzy, even NG are next to utterly useless when leveling. Well when questing at least.
    More then half your procs will go to waste since the mobs just die so insanely fast.

Thus for leveling/questing you should mainly focus on sustainability and raw dps increase. Haste talents, raw dmg increase talents, intensity. All the talents that give static benefits should be taken.

Proc talents should be considered once you reach lvl 80 or intend to level in instances, where those procs might actually be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntrails
    Then the only valid comment remaining is, oh dear gods I suck.

>_<

Should have taken imp FF

sorry

That made me lol.
    First step to improving yourself is admitting you were/are wrong.

Hmm, I'm admittedly a Balance nub, though I am having fun with it so far- But OoC is not really a wasteful proc for leveling. You have ample time before the buff dissapates to heal yourself or throw another damage spell out there utilizing it. And it really does proc a lot. I'd have to disagree with you about it's leveling worth. Though I don't currently have it, lol...

I could definitely see where your general argument would be true with regard Eclipse or OF (probably more so Eclipse of those two). And nature's grace seems like it's always coming up, and theres a couple times when you're moving down the tree in which you have to throw a point in somewhere further back up, why not NG? It's not like it's a rare thing- It's proc occurs every time you crit- that doesn't seem too rare to me.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Actually OOC is one of the best talents overall to take no matter if it's PVP/Raids/Leveling

It WILL proc for you (just 1 talent point) and it'll save you MP.

10% damage is great if you do great damage, but what if you're not ? Like.. say, you're leveling and have greens ?!

Yah, so far it seems to me that OoC (when I have it) extends your uptime pretty significantly.

This is the spec that I've gone for for levelling: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=012100040501

I decided that I'm really unlikely to use DoTs while levelling as the mobs just aren't going to last long enough. Even elites with 10+K health will die faster that the DoTs would kill them. So I think this spec does the best at focusing on the damage talents I'll get benefit from, as well as giving excellent mana regen - it's very similar to the one posted earlier by someone, but I also managed to include FoN and Typhoon for when they might come in handy (elites or interrupting casts), and Celestial Focus for the haste + stun that might save a bit of health (15% chance that the starfire opener will stun, almost certainly meaning I won't get hit before that mob is dead).

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    This is the spec that I've gone for for levelling: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=012100040501

I decided that I'm really unlikely to use DoTs while levelling as the mobs just aren't going to last long enough. Even elites with 10+K health will die faster that the DoTs would kill them. So I think this spec does the best at focusing on the damage talents I'll get benefit from, as well as giving excellent mana regen - it's very similar to the one posted earlier by someone, but I also managed to include FoN and Typhoon for when they might come in handy (elites or interrupting casts), and Celestial Focus for the haste + stun that might save a bit of health (15% chance that the starfire opener will stun, almost certainly meaning I won't get hit before that mob is dead).
    Unless you're in PvP or similar gear Intensity is going to be more MP5 than Dreamstae... also I managed to get to lvl 72 so far only drinking once with no points in resto, OOC/intensity isn't really needed yet and you loose to much dmage from the balance talents.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Perhaps you have lots of Spirit then ?

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimal
    Unless you're in PvP or similar gear Intensity is going to be more MP5 than Dreamstae... also I managed to get to lvl 72 so far only drinking once with no points in resto, OOC/intensity isn't really needed yet and you loose to much dmage from the balance talents.
    Yeah, I know Intensity is better, however I need 45 points in balance to get Earth and Moon which I certainly believe is worth it, leaving 13 points for Resto which only gets you OOC & Master Shapeshifter, but according to you (and I believe it) we don't need Intensity. Also, I don't believe I've lost too much damage from balance talents. The only ones which might be of significant benefit are Owlkin Frenzy and possibly Eclipse, but to compensate we've got Furor and Master Shapeshifter from Resto, both of which are quite decent IMO.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=000000000000

Any thoughts about this build at 80 PvE?

Cant deside should I spec Force of Nature.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by manuje
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=000000000000

Any thoughts about this build at 80 PvE?

Cant deside should I spec Force of Nature.. :P
    Why the hell have you got Subtlety?? For 80 PvE you shouldn't be healing as you're brought to the raid for DPS. Put those points into finishing off Furor.

You're also going to have SERIOUS mana issues with any decent raid boss. You're lacking Moonglow, Intensity and Dreamstate, of which most PvE builds will have all 3 (well, maybe not Dreamstate, but definitely Moonglow and almost certainly Intensity if you're already into the Resto tree).

Personally I think Gale Winds won't be worth it. AoE damage is rarely used in boss fights and typically there are plenty enough classes to take care of it that they don't really need your extra 30% on Hurricane. It's more of a PvP talent for the extra Cyclone range.

Also more of a personal thing but I'm not convinced that Eclipse is really worth it. I think with those points in Genesys, with the Moonfire, Starfire and Insect Swarm glyphs (assuming you've got a hunter with scorpid sting or another balance druid to take care of hit % taken), you'll end up with equal DPS but you don't have to watch for Eclipse procs or worry about missing a Wrath cast (which is very likely for me particularly given I'm in Aus with high latency).

I think this is the raiding spec I'll be going for: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=191121040506

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    Why the hell have you got Subtlety?? For 80 PvE you shouldn't be healing as you're brought to the raid for DPS. Put those points into finishing off Furor.

You're also going to have SERIOUS mana issues with any decent raid boss. You're lacking Moonglow, Intensity and Dreamstate, of which most PvE builds will have all 3 (well, maybe not Dreamstate, but definitely Moonglow and almost certainly Intensity if you're already into the Resto tree).

Personally I think Gale Winds won't be worth it. AoE damage is rarely used in boss fights and typically there are plenty enough classes to take care of it that they don't really need your extra 30% on Hurricane. It's more of a PvP talent for the extra Cyclone range.

Also more of a personal thing but I'm not convinced that Eclipse is really worth it. I think with those points in Genesys, with the Moonfire, Starfire and Insect Swarm glyphs (assuming you've got a hunter with scorpid sting or another balance druid to take care of hit % taken), you'll end up with equal DPS but you don't have to watch for Eclipse procs or worry about missing a Wrath cast (which is very likely for me particularly given I'm in Aus with high latency).

I think this is the raiding spec I'll be going for: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=191121040506
    Umm yeah I watched Subtlety wrong, hell no I dont need it.. thanks for tips

Ive found force of nature a good investment for 1pt, they do quite a bit of damage now, same with Typhoon, it may be on a CD but it has its uses and is quite fun to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurion
    Ive found force of nature a good investment for 1pt, they do quite a bit of damage now, same with Typhoon, it may be on a CD but it has its uses and is quite fun to use.
    Yeah, I forgot to mention that in my suggestions. The treants pretty much trivialise almost any 2 man group quest, and typhoon is quite handy for dmg if you aggro a few mobs or if you want to interrupt casters.