Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Regarding tailoring

Im a warlock with enchanting so far and Im stuck between engi and tailoring.
    Im not sure but as Iv seen is the new legenchants ONLY for the tailorer so the ones that doesnt get tailoring have to settle with the old legenchants?

if thats true it feels like a must to get tailoring as a wlock or anyother caster =/

Re: Regarding tailoring

This is big sad

Actually you can still get the leg enchants. Blizz just made 2 different versions of the same thing, one that is tailor only and one that isnt; but the one that only the tailor can use costs less reagents being the incentive. The only thing you really miss out when not taking tailor is the cloak enchants.

Thanks alot for the info appriciate it!

I just droped Tailoring on my Mage because I found that it brings to little to the table.

Deleted

If not for any uberwtfbbq gear, take tailoring for their magic carpets...

Mage + Carpet = Fakir

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio

Mage + Carpet = Fakir
    Thats just it, its not "uberwtfbbq gear". The new spellfire is only a 2 item set. Yes its good, but Maxx 10 and 25man has almost as good gear. Also the 2 and 4 set bonus's is really great.

And just taking tailoring for the carpet is just silly.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Proxiz
    And just taking tailoring for the carpet is just silly.
    It's silly to pick up tailoring and levelling it 1~450, just for the carpet, yes.

But if you have spent thousands of gold on the profession, just to drop it because it does not give anything "extra" at the launch of WotLK... Is just as silly

It's silly to pick up tailoring and levelling it 1~450, just for the carpet, yes.

But if you have spent thousands of gold on the profession, just to drop it because it does not give anything "extra" at the launch of WotLK... Is just as silly
    Any one spending thousands of gold on lvl tailoring have to have their head examined, imo.

Deleted

Any one spending thousands of gold on lvl tailoring have to have their head examined, imo.
    While I did spent quite an ammount of gold on my favotire profession, it won't be thousands of gold.
    But every profession find certain gaps that are hard to be filled with mats you farm yourself. Enchanting, and Tailoring alike, were/are a hell between 280ish and 300, and later again at 360ish.

And even though we now all have money to burn, it was way different in the old days, where 100 gold for the mats of one skillpoint was both expensive and no exception

i find tailoring a good option to start off each block of content , that little extra in the begining makes a difrence if you want to push for first kills.

it's a mather of min/maxing our toon to get ready as fast as possible for the content... yes you can loot almost identical items in early stages BUT if you already have them then it will help you perform bether.
    http://eonguild.powerguild.net/forum.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    They should add an Diminish on Return on QQ's

While I did spent quite an ammount of gold on my favotire profession, it won't be thousands of gold.
    But every profession find certain gaps that are hard to be filled with mats you farm yourself. Enchanting, and Tailoring alike, were/are a hell between 280ish and 300, and later again at 360ish.

And even though we now all have money to burn, it was way different in the old days, where 100 gold for the mats of one skillpoint was both expensive and no exception
    "Old Days" does not apply here. There is no point in keeping a profession just because it was hard to lvl long long time ago. Yes, gold is easy to come by, but still, there is no point in rerolling each week or month, I look at what I have at hand now and what will benefit me the most over a longer period.

Quote Originally Posted by artan
    i find tailoring a good option to start off each block of content , that little extra in the begining makes a difrence if you want to push for first kills.

it's a mather of min/maxing our toon to get ready as fast as possible for the content... yes you can loot almost identical items in early stages BUT if you already have them then it will help you perform bether.
    Player skill over gear any day

if you take some time to read the post you will find out my choise of words was prety acurate it helps you perform , dosen't play for you ...

try and outplay a mage whit half if spell dmg and then we can speak of semantics abit more.
    http://eonguild.powerguild.net/forum.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    They should add an Diminish on Return on QQ's

Except ffor fights where it requires gear...

Quote Originally Posted by artan
    if you take some time to read the post you will find out my choise of words was prety acurate it helps you perform , dosen't play for you ...

try and outplay a mage whit half if spell dmg and then we can speak of semantics abit more.
    You make me smile. Its like you are trying to compare a Fiat to a Ferrari. 50 or 100 spelldamage will not change the world.

15+ Year Old Account

You make me smile. Its like you are trying to compare a Fiat to a Ferrari. 50 or 100 spelldamage will not change the world.
    It will change the world for a lot of casters.

SP is important for every spell casting class. Cutting it by 50% is just to much
    Dawwwwwww

15+ Year Old Account

I think that Somnio is right (any reference to 'thousands of gold' aside).

To drop tailoring, which is a demanding profession to level, when it isn't immediately obvious to us what the long-term WotLK benefits will be, is foolhardy.

The carpets and leg enchants are great. As with TBC, though, I reckon Blizzard will introduce new tailoring BoP recipes as drops from end-game content which will keep tailoring relevant.

Developers have spoken before of their dissatisfaction over TBC's overpowered tailoring recipes, and I therefore don't believe that recipes in WotLK will be as impressive. Still, I'm sure that Blizzard will introduce new items as WotLK continues to develop.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

15+ Year Old Account

Mage + Carpet = Fakir
    LOL. That would make my shadow priest + mechano hog = Ghost Rider
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

So a very skilled player in kara gear and blues should be able to keep up in DPS with a terribad player in sunwell gear?

No. In WoW, gear plays a huge part in well someone does.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling due to the following post:
    "Anyone else really loving the new Ghost Form Warlocks were given? You’re immune to all damage, can explore ANYWHERE uninterrupted, hear creepy music and the best part is, you can stay in that form for as long as you want. Cheesy

If you don’t know where to train “Ghost Form”, you can learn the ability for free from any melee class you encounter by clicking the “Release” confirmation window that pops up."

Quote Originally Posted by Omnomnomz
    So a very skilled player in kara gear and blues should be able to keep up in DPS with a terribad player in sunwell gear?

No. In WoW, gear plays a huge part in well someone does.
    Use your brain friend, as I said before, dont compare a Fiat to a Ferrari. The new tailor gear is not "überpwnOMFG" better then Naxx gear, like TBC gear was, and there for will be replaced much much sooner then your spellfire set.

Im not saying that Tailoring is a bad profession, imo its just not giving me what I want to keep it, so I rerolled Enchanting.