Wizard Oils and the like... .

I hear this stuff is changing so that it doesnt work on higher lvls .. can someone clairfy for me what lvl superior (TBC) wizard oil no longer takes effect?

thanks

Re: Wizard Oils and the like... .

Quote Originally Posted by Ralu
    I hear this stuff is changing so that it doesnt work on higher lvls .. can someone clairfy for me what lvl superior (TBC) wizard oil no longer takes effect?

thanks

There was a blue post regarding this

There will be no new wizard oils or sharpening stones and the old ones will lose their effectiveness at 80 (maybe even a little below i dont recall)

They felt that the use of wizard oils etc were 1) another raid consumable that would cost ppl and 2) took away from the uniqueness of classes that can self imbue their weapons (ie rogues and shaman)

15+ Year Old Account

That's rather contradictory on Blizzard's part anyway. They stated it took away from the uniqueness of certain classes, yet they implement plans to remove raid buff stacking by giving classes abilities that are very much the same. o.O

there is a huge difference between personal buffs and party/raid buffs tho. There is no point in stacking resto shamans just for Earthliving weapon. Where there was a big point to stacking resto shamans for manatide and bloodlust....
    Then again... With Mana Tide still being a party buff I'm kinda disproving blizzards crusade against class stacking, al be it on a different subject :-X :P
    "Remember, remember the 6th of July.
    The Real ID treason and Plot.
    I see no reason why the Real ID Treason
    Should ever be forgot."

Quote Originally Posted by Advent
    That's rather contradictory on Blizzard's part anyway. They stated it took away from the uniqueness of certain classes, yet they implement plans to remove raid buff stacking by giving classes abilities that are very much the same. o.O
    You're talking about different types of uniqueness

The fact that shaman and rogues would buff their weapons through abilities and then could not benefit from using specific consumables was stupid.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

They also changed Lock Firestones to be weapon enchants rather than useless offhand items. 3 classes benefit from us no longer using stones/oils and blizz has one less thing they have to account for when tuning a raid boss.

I found that it cost me fuck all money to keep myself in sharpening stones, I enjoyed being able to buff myself for raids.

If there is a problem with classes not being able to use their "unique" abilities, then surely the solution is to make their class abilities somewhat better than wizard oils/sharpening stones.

As a warlock I like this change. I think the 40 haste and 35 crit is better than the oils anyway, but I'm glad my class has something unique. Since all were good for in raid is dps, soulstones, and cookies.

warlocks get cookies now? mage QQ incoming!
    I'm so in love with the new caster/heal shaman weapon buffs :P I used to love WF when I was still enh (pre-tbc), it was something unique for my class. And then came oils and stones... :-\
    So getting rid of that and giving us caster buffs as well is just awesome
    But I guess that classes that dont have weapon buffs feel a bit underapreciated, hey at least you cant be yelled at for forgetting youre weapon buff :P
    Should ever be forgot."

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by MortuariusBC
    You're talking about different types of uniqueness

The fact that shaman and rogues would buff their weapons through abilities and then could not benefit from using specific consumables was stupid.
    That would have been ridiculous though. I'm saying this as both a shaman AND a rogue. If I can already imbue my weapon, why should others not be able to in a different manner, albeit less beneficial than my own? Rogues excelled with poisons, shamans excelled with windfury and even moreso now with new weapon imbues. Honestly, I believe other melee and casters got the shaft on this one. Blizzard saying they wanted to eliminate the stress on raid consumables by removing oils and stones was just a cop-out. There was a far better way to do this. Oils and stones cost next to nothing, and we all know it. Anyone who complained about cost was just plain lazy.

I said this before in another thread on the subject.

oils/stones weren't adding anything. I mean this in a way that they where mandatory in a raid. And every class/spec used the same type with no room for alternatives.
    Compared to other consumeables oils and stones where a static buff. With food for instance I can make a choice between spellpower, crit or mp/5. So wether you have them or not have them isn't going to make any difference since the guy next to you in the same role will have the exact same buff.
    Should ever be forgot."