Arena team combo?

What would you say is the best combo for a warlock now in arena 2v2 and 3v3? Both classes, and speccs of teammates and yourself.

It feels like there's nothing good for lock right now, even though I didnt do any serious arena since patch and thats why i want your opinions.

Re: Arena team combo?

I'd curious to try out

Frost/destro with sl
    and dreamstate druid/afflo with sl ofc

and i really hope spriest/afflo lock will come good once again

Yeah sounds pretty decent, more opinions? Also people who tried in patch already.

I did 2's w' a rogue and 3's w' a rogue/disc priest mostly just to get the two of them some points for one last bit of gear. In 2's I was UA/SL and of course was always focused first. Did pretty well since my rogue could burst most down and between the two of us we had some respectable CC.

3's were better as the disc priest was ignored and could keep me healthy or they picked on her and the rogue and I could deal w' em.

Bottom line was that even w' 14K+ hp, 430 resilience, and 1150 spell power I had neither the survival or the burst to be dangerous and was 90%+ the focus/kill target.

I think destro/SL and rogue would be best in 2's now as a burst team and a healer/afflock will do better at 80 as a drain team.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

dont know but destroSL/moonkin(without starfire ofc) seems potent to me. fear, seduce, coil, shadowfury, howl, (instant felhound summon = silence and devour magic), typhoon, cyclone, rooting, then demonic circle and slowing treants (with this 50% less movement speed chance when hit from behind, ive got german client, dunno how it is in english, maybe 'Daze'?), then aftermath as slow and the stunning chance of soulfire and conflagrate. additive a really high amount of burst damage with which only few can deal with.

lots of different ccs in lots of different diminishing return categories i think in 2on2 at least one will be dead with the healer kept in a good cc cycle (or the dd, depends).

dont know ^^ but my friend plays moonkin and we are really curious and looking forward to arena at 80. lets see what happens, the enemies dont stand still and we dont know how good the damage is compared to the hp of pvp-geared people. but we are really planning to play this.

(really nice also is that you cant heal a cycloned target, so if one of them has less hp, cyclone (maybe instant if heal not needed) and push a well timed burst just when the effect ends: BOOM ^^ soul- and starfire, maybe with the other enemy feared, seduced or dunno ^^)
    Black is what darkness looks like.

resto shaman / warlock(aff.)
    I think it'll do well, not sure though.

disc priest / warlock(aff.)

Arcane mage/warlock(dest. or demon)/rogue maybe?
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.

for 2v2 i am maybe trying affli/sl lock with boomkin and i am interested to try unholy DK, affli/sl lock and Spriest for 3v3

Tried Doomkin/Lock in a couple flavors actually (best friend's main is a boomkin) and it was kind of meh honestly. We'll surely try again at 80 though.

I've messed w' meta in arenas and the only thing its good for is to survive a burst. Roll w' the vw out if you do go meta... They will think you SL/SL....FG screams (avoid me while I pop meta) ahead of time. Between meta and vw bubble you should be able to make it through the burst. Still like UA/SL or SL/destro better for more tactical options but if you are a meta fan its workable. Oh, get the searing pain glyph...20% extra crit helps get past the resilience reduction and searing pain is my nuke of choice in arena to put quick pressure on a target in meta spec. Anyone else catch how insanely good insta seduce that's semi spammable is?

User has been banned permanently for trolling.

I'm doing Haunt/SL with Shadow Priest. I think the burst will be incredibly high, having Corruption + CoA + Siphon Life + UA + Shadow Word: Pain ticking, and then Haunt giving my dots 20%+ damage and some priest's damage buffs aswell, instant fear for both players, silence for both etc.

I think warlock/rogue will be pretty awesome aswell, probably destro lock is the best, with the stunlock and incinerate spamming.
    "Warlocks need love"

Double dps teams in 2s that don't include an MS effect are bound to fail or at least that's what I've learned from studying the history of arenas. Warriors don't perform well without a healer and hunters suffer from LOS so that just leaves rogues for viable dual dps partners with locks. Locks have lots of options with healers though.

While it might be easier to get away with not having an MS effects in 3s/5s with locks having shadow embrace and DKs having their plague strike, I still think the best comps will run with it. Druids seem like they're back on back on par with the other healers after the lifebloom nerf and I never liked the lack of synergy between warlock dots and cyclone. For 3s I'm thinking War/Lock/HolyPaladin or Rogue/Lock/Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Ofmanv
    Double dps teams in 2s that don't include an MS effect are bound to fail or at least that's what I've learned from studying the history of arenas. Warriors don't perform well without a healer and hunters suffer from LOS so that just leaves rogues for viable dual dps partners with locks. Locks have lots of options with healers though.

While it might be easier to get away with not having an MS effects in 3s/5s with locks having shadow embrace and DKs having their plague strike, I still think the best comps will run with it. Druids seem like they're back on back on par with the other healers after the lifebloom nerf and I never liked the lack of synergy between warlock dots and cyclone. For 3s I'm thinking War/Lock/HolyPaladin or Rogue/Lock/Priest
    rogue/destro or ice mage/destro in 2's.

rogue/priest/destro in 3's or war/destro/healer. Maybe rogue/ice mage/destro?

No idea where DK's fit in.

I like Destro. If destro isn't viable.... I probably won't PVP on my lock.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

I think DKs will be best suited to pair with teammates that can snare for them which wouldn't be locks. Shadow embrace is pretty pointless if the DK has already removed all the hots. Plus DK+Lock rules out room for MS in 2s and 3s.

Before wotlk warlock wasn t good anymore for arena meta is good ... ok the warlock won t be focussed but his ally will die because of the lack of presure
    I played this weeks and what i have noticed is that:
    - there is no team with warlock above 2k
    - warlocks above 1800 play Meta
    - warlocks play 2 dps combo

I play Ret and have faced a few times against warlocks comp
    as Ret Rogue went to 2k+ vs
    warlock rogue= zerg rogue no need to cc lock
    warlock ret =zerg ret cc lock
    warlock moonkin = kitting during tree kill moonkin

we almost alays killed the locks partner with relativ ease

as Ret discPriest went to 2k+ and applied the same strats and it was even easier to sustain the locks damage and to cc

Must w8 lvl80 to see warlock balanced for pvp