For Anglarana - Will priest dots crit in WotLK?

I'm a bit sick of people wanting to argue with me... can people please tell Anglarana (who wants to argue with me via private messages) that priest dots are not critting in WotLK.

He/she is mistaking the talk sorounding dot scaling with what is actually happening. One of the fixes that was discussed was allowing dots to crit but blizzard like the fact that not all spells work the same. Instead they allowed MF to crit and added the new SF ability that increases Dot damage equal to your crit percentage.

There is talk in allowing lock dots to crit and while i'm not up on the latest for locks I believe a talent was added (or will be added) that will have lock dots have a chance to deal double damage. While this looks like a crit it's technically an additional damage mechanic much like timbal's focusing crystal and crit driven events won't work on the double damage tick chance.

In any case, Anglarana... stop sending me private messages.

Re: For Anglarana - Will priest dots crit in WotLK?

Priest dots will not crit in wotlk. They have increased damage equal to the crit chance.

Our DoT's "crit" but it's even better than crit, because it's not proc-based. It's always a straight % extra damage; no unlucky streaks with the RNG. It also doesn't have "diminishing returns" as crit does (increasing crit from 20%->21% is not a straight 1% damage but less, while it is a straight 1% boost to DoT's). On top of that, my earlier statement in another thread that it wasn't affected by boss debuffs is incorrect, as they get the bonus from any debuffs provided the debuff are on the boss when the DoT lands.

EDIT: Also, if you've got an argument with someone in private messages, keep it in private messages. Calling people out in public for something said in private is immature, to say the least. If you must go to an outside party, go to a moderator, not the forums.

I got sick of him not wanting to believe me...

And for the record he was the one sending me the messages, I really didn't want to be involved.

Priest dots will not crit in wotlk. They have increased damage equal to the crit chance.

^THIS !

No dots will crit!!!! mind flay is a channeled spell and that has a chance to crit, but thats the closest to anything we have as a DoT. Last I heard, they were talking about letting lock's dot's crit, but I have heard nothing about them implementing it into the release of the expansion.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by lsfreak
    EDIT: Also, if you've got an argument with someone in private messages, keep it in private messages. Calling people out in public for something said in private is immature, to say the least. If you must go to an outside party, go to a moderator, not the forums.
    I wouldn't call this immature, I would call it ending the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Harima
    No dots will crit!!!! mind flay is a channeled spell and that has a chance to crit, but thats the closest to anything we have as a DoT. Last I heard, they were talking about letting lock's dot's crit, but I have heard nothing about them implementing it into the release of the expansion.
    Shadow Word: Pain is your other DoT.

Mind Flay is a DoT too, but it's channeled.

*sigh* No our DoT's don't crit, but they might as well. Their damage in increased based exactly on our crit rating, which means it scales even better than if they were to crit.

For warlocks, their DoT's "crit" in that two of them (UA and Corruption) have a chance to proc an additional damage burst called Pandemic, which does the damage of the last tick again. Basically, those two DoT's crit at 200% damage, just like talented shadowbolt, frostbolt, mind blast, and the like.

And I stand by what I said, posting in a forum complaining because someone won't stop bothering them is not mature. A mature person would tell the person to stop, and if that didn't work they'd go to a moderator, not point fingers in public.

lol worshaka
    u got yourself an internet stalker!
    im impressed ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by forumfail
    The ensuing debate is so exciting and necessary that I can't stop punching myself in the dick
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    i'd expect the US average to be something obese
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Irdaq/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    Shadow Word: Pain is your other DoT.

Mind Flay is a DoT too, but it's channeled.
    vampiric touch, pain and devouring plague are dots
    mf is channeled
    lemons and oranges arent the same
    so channeleds and dots arent too
    XD

I don't believe MF is classified as a DoT... I don't think the new SF ability increases MF damage... however items like Timbal's can proc off MF but if you read the wording on Timbal's it's a chance on perodic damage (it doesn't say dot).

Personally I think the wording choices Blizzard have used over the years is poor, i'd like to see a more clinical approach to defining what a dot is, what it means when you hit, what it means when you crit, because a lot of talents/abilities can be very ambiguous and there seems to be little consistency between how things work.

But back to my point MF isn't considered a dot but it's considered periodic damage.

No.

Stop PMing him.

I find that sexist... what if him is really a her? It's a bit insensitive imo.