Holy Raiding Questions

So I have a few general questions about Holy and wanted to hear opinions. This is regarding a Holy Raiding build.

• With threat being ezmode, is Silent Resolve worth putting points into?
    • Healing Focus: is this a necessity?
    • I think Desperate Prayer is awesome, but is it something most want or need in a raiding environment? It seems to be a good 'holy crap I'm gonna die' button.
    • Lawlwell... I hear so much talk about how it sucks, but I think it would be great for the casters and other healers. Thoughts?

I have my own ideas about each of these, but figured I would ask the community to see what kind of thoughts yall had about em. Thanks ahead of time

sig by Shyama

Re: Holy Raiding Questions

1. Imp. Inner Fire > Silent Resolve
    2. Lost usefulness with the update to mechanics
    3. Desperate Prayer was awesome when it cost no mana, now it's just a waste of a talent point. Unless you don't mind dropping 1% crit from Holy Spec. for it. Personal opinion, I won't be bothering with it.
    4. LOLwell will always be LOLwell, another wasted talent point.

Quote Originally Posted by Caladia
    1. Imp. Inner Fire > Silent Resolve
    2. Lost usefulness with the update to mechanics
    These, I definitely agree with. I wish lawlwell wasn't the red headed step child of Holy. Though I did hear a very valid and logical explanation for having it and how it's useful for healers. Though I am not so sure it's worth it.

sig by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Emee
    These, I definitely agree with. I wish lawlwell wasn't the red headed step child of Holy. Though I did hear a very valid and logical explanation for having it and how it's useful for healers. Though I am not so sure it's worth it.
    The rational explanation is you "set it and forget it", allowing you to use your other abilities. The downfall is your fellow raiders need to stop what they're doing, run over to click it, then go back to what they were doing. All the while they probably got topped off by you or another healer.

I grabbed it for awhile and would set it in the middle of the room of KT in TK for anyone to grab during P3 while running around. Then on the hill next to the Warlocks so they could just tap and click. Neither received much use and wasn't even something that they used in combat. So even with my first hand experience, I would advice others not to bother.

What are some of the preferred specs?

sig by Shyama

What are some of the preferred specs?
    Personally I'd go with something like:
    14/57 for a raid-holy spec.

1. Regarding your questions, threat is easy mode, Silent resolve can disappear in an instant.
    2. With the pushback changes, Healing Focus doesn't stack with Improved Concentration Aura (which is 55%). Two talent points for 15% won't really amount to much.
    3. Desperate Prayer is a nice "Oh crap" button, regardless of its mana cost, and with this build you don't lose Holy Specialization or Improved Renew either.
    4. I loved Lightwell pre-bc. Just took a guild full of more than retards to make use of it. Sadly, these are lacking and no buff to "lolwell" will make the masses see how well it can be used.

That's my 2 copper's worth.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Is Divine Providence worth the 5 points? I switched back to my Priest for WotLK, so I feel a bit lost ATM. I just thought those points were a waste, but please prove me wrong!

sig by Shyama

So I have a few general questions about Holy and wanted to hear opinions. This is regarding a Holy Raiding build.

• With threat being ezmode, is Silent Resolve worth putting points into?
    • Healing Focus: is this a necessity?
    • I think Desperate Prayer is awesome, but is it something most want or need in a raiding environment? It seems to be a good 'holy crap I'm gonna die' button.
    • Lawlwell... I hear so much talk about how it sucks, but I think it would be great for the casters and other healers. Thoughts?

I have my own ideas about each of these, but figured I would ask the community to see what kind of thoughts yall had about em. Thanks ahead of time
    1. i didn't need or use silent resolve for beta raiding.
    2. i did use healing focus for beta raiding. i didn't find a different with and without it.
    3. desprate prayer is fun. i prefered to invest this point in other talents i desired more for the PvE raiding.
    4. i used lightwell on the beta, i found it usefull but with alot of "work" to do. when you open it above the rogues head they click it every time they want to use HS, and thats alot. why its not that good: it stays where u opened it - making players move to it, when players click it - they swap target to the lightwell (thats not so comfturable for a DPS to get his target swaped). the fact you can't control it - some see it as a minus - i don't, u open it, ppl click it when they need. the bigest disadvantage of this spell: most players don't know how to use it end up not clicking it.

Is Divine Providence worth the 5 points? I switched back to my Priest for WotLK, so I feel a bit lost ATM. I just thought those points were a waste, but please prove me wrong!
    Really curious about this one!

sig by Shyama

i'm not sure it does, so far, when i speced, i usualy had 4 points in it, the 5th point went to the discipline tree for inner focus.

i opened several tics on beta crying that i can't have 5/5 divine prov. unless i skip lightwell or inner focus. this hasn't been veiwed by blizz, or has and is still ignored.

i also have the feeling that "i just want 2 more points in holy" to get all i want. i can say on beta this talent was noticable (especially geting that 10k crit with binding heal, going wtf? CoH also healed for double amount, maybe on beta this talent wasn't ajusted properly, but i put 4 points in it and i definetly "felt" it on beta. i still need afew more levels on live for it).

Quote Originally Posted by meowmeow
    i'm not sure it does, so far, when i speced, i usualy had 4 points in it, the 5th point went to the discipline tree for inner focus.

i opened several tics on beta crying that i can't have 5/5 divine prov. unless i skip lightwell or inner focus. this hasn't been veiwed by blizz, or has and is still ignored.

i also have the feeling that "i just want 2 more points in holy" to get all i want. i can say on beta this talent was noticable (especially geting that 10k crit with binding heal, going wtf? CoH also healed for double amount, maybe on beta this talent wasn't ajusted properly, but i put 4 points in it and i definetly "felt" it on beta. i still need afew more levels on live for it).
    Thank you! Seems worth it. Will hafta test it out when I get there.

sig by Shyama