Inscription...Extra Glyph?

I heard that if you decide to do inscription that you get an extra major glyph.

Then later on I heard that the extra glyph for having that as your profession was removed.

Did Blizzard really remove the extra glyph for the people who chose inscription?

Re: Inscription...Extra Glyph?

well im not sure but the circle in the middle of the glyph screen look eh...interesting.

Yeah some members of my guild said they removed the extra glyph.
    But I am curious of that when you hit 80 and you are inscription then maybe that middle one will open up.

Because I want to choose inscription for my DK and extra glyph would just be incredible.

I heard from the aunt of a friend's friend sister who heard it from the gran of her best friend's brother that they didn't remove anything.

Quote Originally Posted by kurruptor
    There was no extra glyph at 80 in the beta. There really is no reason to believe we will get one now.

They replaced "an extra glyph" with the powerful shoulder enchants.
    Thanks!

That is pretty much all i needed to know

Well if that removes an additional rep grind for the regular shoulder enchants it's still looking pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by meka
    Well if that removes an additional rep grind for the regular shoulder enchants it's still looking pretty good.

most of the crafting profs offer a comparable bonus to stats of some sorts

ppl are stressing over nothing

also you'll most likely want that rep grind anyways for the other rewards

I'm fairly certain that the shoulder enchants were around in the Beta even when people were unsure about the extra glyph slot. There was a spell found called "Glyph Mastery" that unlocked an additional glyph slot, but it was unconfirmed if it was for Scribes or it it was just some random spell. It could easily have just been some ability you get as a Scribe later on and they just didn't want to implement it into Beta. There's no reason to assume they removed it. There's no reason to assume we will get an extra glyph slot. If we get one, we get one, if not... then oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hronzar
    I'm fairly certain that the shoulder enchants were around in the Beta even when people were unsure about the extra glyph slot. There was a spell found called "Glyph Mastery" that unlocked an additional glyph slot, but it was unconfirmed if it was for Scribes or it it was just some random spell. It could easily have just been some ability you get as a Scribe later on and they just didn't want to implement it into Beta. There's no reason to assume they removed it. There's no reason to assume we will get an extra glyph slot. If we get one, we get one, if not... then oh well.

try searching the blue trackers or wow forums in beta... im pretty sure there was a post regarding the removal of the extra glyph slot when they balanced out the profession bonuses