Zone to Pick as a Mage

Which zone will be easier and more fruitful to level in as a mage when you first reach Northrend?

Re: Zone to Pick as a Mage

The one with more mobs in it.

Problem solved.

i did howling fjord on the beta....there's no gaping resistance based mob areas as far as i could tell, ergo neither area is necessarily better

go Borean for the achievement >.>

I'm heading to the Tundra; it just seems to me that, as a Mage, I should be working on my Kirin Tor rep first Plus there's dragon lore there and the Nexus, which sealed my choice.

The Fjord looked cool just because it's so wide and open, and I love the idea of riding the plains...but personally the Tundra looks more magical, so that's where I'll be.

Which has the least alliance?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Darune
    Which zone will be easier and more fruitful to level in as a mage when you first reach Northrend?
    Dragonblight.

>.>

If you plan on AoE grinding to maximise levelling and ignoring lore, fun, and everything that makes playing new content worthwhile, go to Grizzly Hills and hit up the Drakil'jin ruins. Go crazy.

GL.

Gaiwyn
    For the Alliance!

15+ Year Old Account

Yup, for an alt I would zerg as fast as I could. I won't even bother looking at quests when I level my first alt.

As far as builds go, I would go Frost for optimised crowd control, as you can handle the most mobs at once. And in an area where the respawn rate is good you don't want to be caught with your pants down (ie. Arcane).

Gaiwyn
    For the Alliance!

I'm going to do both.