Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Athenelól first lvl 80!

Athene's companions weren't outside of his party. He was inside an instance. They were grinding spawning mobs on a boss -- exploiting. The whole asking a GM thing was beside the point.

At least, that's what the video makes it look like. If that is a world event, then if someone could link it for the sake of interest, I would appreciate it. But it sure looks like the Anub'arak fight in Azjol'nerub.

Gaiwyn
    For the Alliance!

I agree athene's crew was the first... they did not exploit, it's just being smart

Fatherohealy

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn
    Athene's companions weren't outside of his party. He was inside an instance. They were grinding spawning mobs on a boss -- exploiting. The whole asking a GM thing was beside the point.

At least, that's what the video makes it look like. If that is a world event, then if someone could link it for the sake of interest, I would appreciate it. But it sure looks like the Anub'arak fight in Azjol'nerub.

Gaiwyn
    I just went back and watched the video again. They are definitely farming that boss but 17 seconds in someone leaves the party.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXgmgwIuN94

15+ Year Old Account

It was an exploit, regardless of whether or not people left. It was not "tagging" mobs, as anything inside an instance is automatically tagged by your entire party. Imagine the nightmare of having people leave the party and then reinviting them before they were hearthed, only to have them leave -- and so on. O.O

If that is how they worked it, then that's just crazy. And it doesn't change the fact that it is taking advantage of a situation.

Tagging mobs in the world is a whole different story.

/stretch Weeeell, time to clock out and go home to see this thing they call Wrath of the Lich King. XDXD

Gaiwyn
    For the Alliance!

Fatherohealy

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn
    It was an exploit, regardless of whether or not people left. It was not "tagging" mobs, as anything inside an instance is automatically tagged by your entire party. Imagine the nightmare of having people leave the party and then reinviting them before they were hearthed, only to have them leave -- and so on. O.O

If that is how they worked it, then that's just crazy. And it doesn't change the fact that it is taking advantage of a situation.

Tagging mobs in the world is a whole different story.

/stretch Weeeell, time to clock out and go home to see this thing they call Wrath of the Lich King. XDXD

Gaiwyn
    I just linked a video where they are kicking someone from the party and then re-inviting them. Who are you and why do you show up in threads asking for them to be locked?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatherohealy
    He's funny.

He has screenshots of a GM on his realm confirming that there was a 0% chance he would get banned for using the mob tagging technique a different GM ended up banning him for. There is no excuse for banning him after that confirmation.
    First of all, no he is not.

Are game masters known to allways be right? Not a chance.
    They are supposed to, that doesnt mean that they are.

Fatherohealy

Quote Originally Posted by Typh00n
    First of all, no he is not.

Are game masters known to allways be right? Not a chance.
    They are supposed to, that doesnt mean that they are.
    We'll you're right this is a clear case of a GM being wrong. And regardless of which one is wrong, the first one, of the opinion that this technique is acceptable and 0% chance of ban, or the second that believed it was an illegal exploit, the misunderstanding between GM's outcome was unfortunately to the detriment of the player. A player that got a thumbs up in advance from the appropriate authority on whether or not he could use this technique. So GM 2 shows up and instead of saying there has been a disagreement/miss communication or we just plain changed our mind please no longer use this technique as of the moment of this notice, Athene gets an immediate ban without discussion and a level 70 reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatherohealy
    We'll you're right this is a clear case of a GM being wrong. And regardless of which one is wrong, the first one, of the opinion that this technique is acceptable and 0% chance of ban, or the second that believed it was an illegal exploit, the misunderstanding between GM's outcome was unfortunately to the detriment of the player. A player that got a thumbs up in advance from the appropriate authority on whether or not he could use this technique. So GM 2 shows up and instead of saying there has been a disagreement/miss communication or we just plain changed our mind please no longer use this technique as of the moment of this notice, Athene gets an immediate ban without discussion and a level 70 reset.
    The gm wasnt wrong because mob tagging itself is allowed but holding a boss up so you can farm the adds isnt. which (as far as i understand) they did and that is exploiting.

GJ in exploiting the way to 80....

Glad he got banhammered.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisherx
    He's the best, don't be jealous.
    The best at what? He's never actually played the game. His manpanions did. Just sit him down in front of an RPG that would make him think rather than mindlessly tagging Warcraft mobs. He couldn't handle stringing together consecutive coherent thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamsocool
    hoqw he did that? EXPLAIN IS HERE : He is in 5 man party, they go to instance, he leaves party to hit elite mobs, 4 other guild mates kill thoses mobs and he gets full exp, he get invite back to party to not get HS`ed and so on and so on, 13 hours like that
    that tacs have been nerfed ages ago.
    The Insane.

It seems more like the original GM believed that mob tagging ment outside instances because its not supposed to be done in a instance the reason for grouping and auto kick from group

Exploiting the instance mechanic of auto-kick is the reason for him being banned most likely if he just killed the instance mobs.

He should have explained properly every mechanic he was breaking not just mob-tagging

Hmm... if he just kept a boss alive to camp the adds that spawned that is also an exploit of game mechanics tbh... and a reason to be banned..

If he leveled in instances just burning through them as fast as possible then I would /salute him but he is just exploiting a boss event

Assuming thats the way he did it ofc... cant check vids in school...
    Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post
    You can't even post in the proper forum. If Blizzard employees functioned as you do, your character would queue up for a BG and end up in Molten Core.

Quote Originally Posted by Oweena
    It seems more like the original GM believed that mob tagging ment outside instances because its not supposed to be done in a instance the reason for grouping and auto kick from group

Exploiting the instance mechanic of auto-kick is the reason for him being banned most likely if he just killed the instance mobs.

He should have explained properly every mechanic he was breaking not just mob-tagging

Hmm... if he just kept a boss alive to camp the adds that spawned that is also an exploit of game mechanics tbh... and a reason to be banned..

If he leveled in instances just burning through them as fast as possible then I would /salute him but he is just exploiting a boss event

Assuming thats the way he did it ofc... cant check vids in school...
    Agree

There is no doubt in my mind this guy was exploiting game mechanics in an instance. I do think however it's unfortunate he wasn't told so in beforehand, I haven't read the actual chat (fake or not) so I don't know all the bits and bobs of it. But the tag tacs is clearly an exploit.

Athene wasn't told it before hand because he didn't fully explain

All he said was... is mob tagging a bannable offence

Not is leavin group taggin mob whatever a bannable offence
    Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post
    You can't even post in the proper forum. If Blizzard employees functioned as you do, your character would queue up for a BG and end up in Molten Core.

Guys... seriously, this is not a matter of exploiting or not
    GM being right or wrong...
    you are all missing the big picture here

PALA GOT PWNED!

seems everything is back the way it shud be
    HAIL blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Oweena
    Athene wasn't told it before hand because he didn't fully explain
    And that is also truuu You should always define the details

Anyway they can now set another record dont they? This one belongs to Nymh now

Who will have their world first alt character to level 80!

Deleted

When people read Wrath powerlevelling guides in the future, they won't be reading any by Athenelol or Nymh because they haven't most of the quests by themselves (like everybody else), and so command no powerlevelling respect.

Can someone explain to me the reasoning behind why:

one would hate another for leveling so fast? personally I really don't see how one person can ruin the game by getting to lvl 80 (i mean someone has to hit 80 first right?) One achievement going to player A rather than B isn't going to cost the rest of the server's thousands of players long term game enjoyment.

I think either of these guys have done a good job, ban or no ban. They pushed a not so complex element to its limit and that's cool Why the hatred?