Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Corrupted Ground

Warlocks need a better survivability and their demons (most time in wotlk dead) can help them ;D

When your Demon dies his blood corrupts the ground, slow Enemys movement Speed for 50% and attackspeed for 25% if the leave the Ground the debuff lasts 5sec. The Ground disappears 30sec after calling a new Demon.

[I know sounds like a Frost Trap ^^ but why not we have to lose our demon for this "demon trap"]

or maybe:

Reduce Summoning Time on Corrupted Ground for 50%. Its not that OP because the enemy knows where the Warlock try to summon his demon.

or every Demon corrupt the ground for an unique way for example:

-imp : Damages every 3sec all enemys on the corrupted ground
    -void: Reduce all damage taken for 10% while standing on corrupted Ground (for warlock and friends).
    -felhunter: mhm maybe: Consume 1 Buff of every Enemy standing on the Ground every 10sec
    -succu: slows Attackspeed of enemys on corrupted Ground for 20%

Just say me what u think of the Basic idea all stats /effects are just for example--- Basic idea = Demon dies place an effect on the ground.

So now u can post your flames ;D and to prevent some flames:

-my Spelling is terrible but as long as u understand what i want its okay
    -yes I´m a noob and never played a lock before
    -yes i will L2P

Re: Corrupted Ground

i love that idea, especially making each minion spawn a unique area of debuff (aod ftw). it would make people think twice before 2 shotting our minions.

It's definitely a new idea I haven't heard pitched before. "A+" for innovation if nothing else. I'm not sure of it's viability due to the fact that you are still losing your pet and most people will be sure to kill the pet and get out before it takes effect...but the initial idea is pretty cool nonetheless!

Very interesting and unique idea, you should post it in Blizzard's suggestion forum.

I like the idea! Very innovative, with lots of potential! Post it on the Blizzard suggestion forums, not that they ever listen.

Quote Originally Posted by Menin
    omg noob l2p...seriously have you ever even rolled a lock?
    Seriously, have you ever even though about leaving constructive criticism?

Quote Originally Posted by Menin
    did you even read his first post or do you have no sense of humor?
    Probably no sense of humor.
    I'm not the one to decide that though...

I have to say I came into this thread expecting nothing good and was pleasantly suprised. I will say that I think it would be a bit op if it lasted until you summoned a new demon, but I really like the overall idea. If nothing else it would give lock pets some survivability in pvp because there would be a negative affect to your team if you burst down the pet.

Umm...

This sounds SUSPICIOUSLY familiar...

Wait..
    Wait...

Oh yea, you got this from the DK's ability. 0/10 On creativeness, but 3/10 for trying. =/

Yeah thats what warlocks need, more survivability -.-
    This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

Ok first off warlocks have like 20more stamina on every single armor part then other classes.
    You have drain life and death coil that heal,
    You have healthstone which heals for a bitch, specially if you have the glyph.
    You have Soul link which reduces damage taken by 20%.
    You have metamorphisis which gives u -6% crit against you and 600% more armor.
    You have fear that doesn't heal the target or break on damage.

Warlocks have like 5k more health then every1 else... + they have soul link,
    and when you finally get them low then they just pop healthstone + death coil, fear you then drain life... then theire at like 80% health again...

Go learn your class instead of qqing.

Quote Originally Posted by Impulse

Ok first off warlocks have like 20more stamina on every single armor part then other classes.

and when you finally get them low then they just pop healthstone + death coil, fear you then drain life... then theire at like 80% health again...

He didn't QQ, he came with a constructive suggestion. You're an angry person and people like you should not play this game if this is how you're acting.

Warlocks has tons of survivability, but we've been the underdog against the melee classes throughout the whole TBC. In Wrath, I don't know if this has changed since we got the teleport-spell, but if this person feels that we're still lacking in survivability against rogues/warriors/shammies/whatnot then it's his opinion.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Impulse

i dont think there is a word that is horrible enough to describe retarded people such as u.
    u obviously have no idea about the warlock class and the fact its now the squishiest class of all(ALL) and the fact this guy isnt even QQing at all and only made a very nice and original suggestion that is in no way overpowered and infact i think its horribly underpowered compared to what other classes have.

i am not a warlock, but i am not blind.

Everyone wanting a new skill ok... Here is mine for Warrior.. It's called God's Wrath...

Everything the warrior is a victim or a critical stick or is feared, incapacitated, or stuned the warrior gain God's Wrath with increases all attributed, run speed, health regeneration, attack speed, attack Power, Resistant, Rage gain, critical hit chance, hit chance, dodge, parry, block (even if not shield is up), and resilience by 500% for 30 secs. This ability also refreshes all warrior cool downs... (No cool down on the ability itself.).

Ty... Bye...
    In life pain is mandatory; Suffering however, is optional...
    Source: Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by Vertue
    Everyone wanting a new skill ok... Here is mine for Warrior.. It's called God's Wrath...

Everything the warrior is a victim or a critical stick or is feared, incapacitated, or stuned the warrior gain God's Wrath with increases all attributed, run speed, health regeneration, attack speed, attack Power, Resistant, Rage gain, critical hit chance, hit chance, dodge, parry, block (even if not shield is up), and resilience by 500% for 30 secs. This ability also refreshes all warrior cool downs... (No cool down on the ability itself.).

Ty... Bye...
    Warrior forums > that way..... and that thing is just retarded.... this guys came up with an idea that IS good well thought and not a retarded MAKE ME A GODMODE BUTTON! so please just cuz ur imagination is stuck up ur ass doesnt mean u have to write lame shit like this...

Very good idea to the author GJ as someone else said post it on blizz forums...

The nice thing about this idea, is that it only really affects melee classes. Ranged classes (which are less of a problem to us) don't get affected by an AoE effect around the pet if they keep their distance.

BTW, I'd say that the Imp should give a friendly buff in its AoE-effect-upon-death. Since it's a ranged pet, it will most likely be pretty close to the Warlock. If it dies there, the Warlock would probably be standing in its AoE. Maybe a Phase Shift would be nice. That only gets broken when you release a spell (cast time is still out of combat). You could get a spell off before the opponents can hit you again. Anyways, something else can be thought of as well ofc.

Deleted

Lets look at the new L80 arena sets hmm warlock get 115 stammina Warrior/plate etc 150 stamina so i have pretty less stamina.

-Death Coil is a superb Skill but it wont heal me if it damages a shield and it has a 2min cd ^^
    what should i do the 1min 57 sec were its on CD
    - Siphon Life is only for affliction ^^

-U Say it right Healthstone heals a lot (every 2 mins) and with a MAYOR GLYPH so it heals me
    for a amount a warrior do in 2-3 sec on me^^---- L80 Blue Arena Set = 1900 ARMOR 1900!!! ^^
    i got lesser armor on 80 !!
    -SL its pretty funny its good till--- u summon succubus she dies on the 20% damage u link to her ^^
    and SL wont work when your demon is dead (and the die pretty fast!!) or if the get banished

-LOL META ^^ u can choose either META OR SIPHON LIFE so this is stupid and i hate META this skill
    destroy warlocks if we only can win with META every 3mins we are the new PALADINS with their bubble...
    Playing a Warlock never was use as many CD u can get we need no CD skills we need our old playstyle.. no
    CD constantly same DPS/survivability

Fear is better than Sheep its true but if Sheep wont work the mage has other ways to stay alive ^^ so stop complaining.

I just want u to understand that warlocks wear:

-cloth = 1900 amor with first L80 arena set
    -when a warrior gets 150 stamina a warlock/cloth gets 115
    -u have to spec SL its a nice skill but u forget no good player goes on warlock first a warlock gets sheeped/sapped and they kill the demon a demon has arround 10k life and no ressi so it dies in seconds and we
    lose our -20% damage reduce.
    -we only can survive in fearing away our enemys and more and more skills reduce or negate fear.
    -the only chance to escape is a awesome teleport --- rly like it

So maybe think about what losing a demon for a warlock means

-we lose -20% damage reduce (if skilled)
    -we lose the chance to stop a enemy casting
    -we lose spelldamage and more if we demon

just try to imagine if u lose your pummel your armor goes to leather stats and u lose a lot of damage when your
    enemy hits u for 7k damage.

I like my Warlock and i will not roll a other class anymore --got [rogue/pala too] his damage is not bod and its fun to play him but my problem is that a enemy with luck can nuke me in seconds and i cant do anything -- impharmstring/harmstring glyph + whirldwind. So its no problem if i lose against a player who is better than me^^

So why do other classes QQ i dont beg for more damage or for more survivability. I just posted a talent which help Warlocks holding their Stats after losing a demon [and if its just half of survivability we got with living demon]

Keep coming up with great ideas dude, I think a good name for that AOE demon death move would be Demonic Grounds. I also considered the idea of demonic sacrifice, maybe when u sacrifice your pet you can control where your demon can die, and ultamately affect where the AOE goes.

Its something to think about...

Doesn't solve the problem OUR survival is based on our pets survival. And our pets are insanely easy to kill by nearly every class and build. Pets need to have their survival buffed to the point its an actual decision to go for us or our pet and whichever they chose the other has to be a danger to them. IE "I can kill you and ignore your pet since its no threat to me but you are" or "I can kill the pet since its a threat but you are no threat to me so I'll ignore you". Right now its closest to "I'll 2 shot your pet and then kill you as NEITHER is a threat to me"

Felhunter needs his old resists back....he was the anti caster pet. Now other casters can kill him as fast as melee can.

Succy needs evasion or something similar.

VW needs to be our anti melee pet. The consume shadows things helps but a disarm would be in keeping w' the rock/paper/scissors.

Imp needs to do something or anything useful. I'd like to see 80%+ avoidance to all or give him some significant ability. Trick is to not make it OP in pve. Give him a mindcontrol (call it posession) or even a self sacrifice bomb effect (opposite of VW). The FG needs to have aspects of both the anti caster and anti melee. A hamstring for melee and a spell reflect for casters would do the trick. I doubt it would be OP given hunter pet abilities and what we have to pay to get him.

Each pet should have a role, purpose, and counter. FG should be good vs all as we give up alot to have him. ALL of the pets need help surviving since we die very very fast w/o them and have a hard time getting them back once lost. No shard cost in BG/arena, make untalented cast 6 seconds, talented cast 2 seconds, and cooldown instant but on a 5 min cooldown. Please for the love of god can they get our resilience? Demo resilience...your pet gets 33/66/100% of your resilience.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

I had an idea for a talent like this that instead of your pet dieing when it's killed, your character instantly fill it with fel energy, and causes it to explode at a cost of 10% of your health. A passive ability, replacing Demonic Sacrifice in the talent tree.

Imp - Does fire damage equal to 20% of the remaining health of all nearby enemies (Say they have a max of 20,000 health. They're down to 10,000. Instead of taking 4,000, they'd take 2,000). Mitigated by fire resist, etc.

Voidwalker - Shadows surround the warlock, Making all enemies within 30 yards unable to target the warlock for 6 seconds. (Enough time to resummon)

Succubus - Instantly phases all friendly targets in range invisible for 10 seconds. You can only see other invisible people and people who can see invisibility while this happens.

Felhunter - Removes 1 detrimental magic effect from all friendly targets within 15 yards, and silences all hostile targets within 20 yards for 5 seconds.

Felguard - Sends your felguards axe whirling around the nearest hostile target, striking all enemies within melee range for some sort of damage. Similar to Bladestorm, but it will focus around the nearest target. Each time a hit lands, target is slowed by 10% for 15 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.

It was more complex than this, and Felhunter/Imp had a different effect, but it's been a while and I forgot what it was :S

Deleted

@Irs078 Blizzard dont like the idea of never dying pets + some of this blizzard guys wrote that a warlock can easily resummon a pet (maybe he is a paladin player ;D) so our demons wont get:

-resilience (they should die faster than us maybe a blizzard think our enemys behave like this "argl i want to kill
    something FAST uhh a warlock KILL argl wait his pet dies 0,5sec faster kill it first or just push BLADESTORM and
    kill both. ^^
    -Skills like -- Cower of the Ghoul ^^ -50% damage for the ghoul only the existence of this spell reduce the
    attacks made against a ghoul....
    -Stat Sharing with your Pet like some plate-wearer (dont know the name atm :P something with -tards) this class
    CAN share about 60% of his stamina/strength.

And if i post a SUPER TALENT. The Threat would be just a "I´m no warlock but i know what is good for a warlock threat"

@ Myzou

Great idea but I´m not sure but a other (or the same) blizzard guy wrote a warlock should play with a pet and
    it shouldnt be sacrificed 90% of the time its a petclass so the nerfed the "OLD" Demon Sacrifice so warlocks
    would never Spec it.

Maybe Blizzard likes it and we will see soon Demon-Warlocks 1vs1 first the do is both sacrifice their demon for short buff.

The other u postet would be a second Demon Empowerment bit unrealistic but why not.^^

If Blizzard adds a new Talent it will be nothing where u wish your Demon dies or even speed up his Dead with Sacrificing

There would be so much possible Talents like. If your Demons go under 20% u can do XXXX and so on but this is all against the View of Blizzard: It should be in your interest to keep your demon alive
    And the made a pretty great Talent : U can`t Move or Cast other Spells your manareg is frozen but u heal your pet for xxxx life per second and u lose HP" why losing time with draining souls or life from enemys giving is better than taking so give your lifes your demon wihtout resilience!! PEACE WARLOCKS ^^

Don´t stop posting new ideas and if 90% (including my one) is trash maybe ONE maybe YOUR ONE will find its way into the Game.