Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: World First LVL 80 Explained - Interview with Nymh

got a live nerf on eu-kiljaeden a few mins ago. no more exp and loot. just when i was happy to have a no-brain grind spot

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chezzik
    Nymph, however, did all the damage required to gain enough xp to get from 60 to 70. Blizzard has always maintained that healing a target who in turn kills an xp-carrying mob does not count for the XP calculations. Dmg is the only thing that is considered for the xp calculations, so you won't lose any XP due to another player who ran by you and placed a HOT on your head.
    You made a point and countered it in the same paragraph. You stated the purpose of healing a target not being involved for XP calculations is so you won't lose any XP due to another player healing you who is just running by. Therefore Nymph, knowing this, used this fact to gain full XP while essentially playing in a group of 2. If they were in a party, he would be losing XP even if the healer does ZERO damage. So you first say that the rule exists to prevent unintended XP loss and then state using this rule intentionally isn't exploiting the purpose of the rule. Which is it?

For his situation, healing is just as important to his success as damage yet doesn't have the drawback of losing XP. It allows him to maintain his mana bar and reduce the time it takes to kill mobs. He can put 2 DoT's on a mob and move on to the next without giving a second thought to the mobs attacking him. He's almost playing with god mode on, infinite mana and hp, yet isn't considered exploiting?

Farstriders, mobs now fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by lota7
    He did something in 13 hours which you will continue to do for the next week.

Now who's the bigger loser...
    still athene......

I'll continue to get temp banned for the next couple weeks O.o

Won't matter. As far as the records will show, Nymh is the world first.

I think Athene clearly did use a known exploit that was accidentally reintroduced and found a GM who didn't know much. I'm not going to put blame on a GM. New GMs get hired all the time and they won't know every single detail about the game.

Athee may whine as much as he wants to but it won't matter. Nymh did it with hard work and rightfully earned the title of World first.

Grats to Nymh.

I DON'T GET IT! I'm still on 2.4.3 in China! Is it Blizzard's fault that we don't have the newest patch or is it The 9th City's fault?

MOBB TAGGIN HE SHUD GET BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 15 hours was the record with athene, so u aint 1st

Except he never hit 80 period. Regardless of everyone says, the fact is athene hit level 79 and not 80. Doesn't matter if he was suppose to hit 80 in 15 hours or whatever hours it would have taken Athene. Athene never hit lvl 80.

I feel anyone who thinks "Athene" in the youtube series is an actual person is only perpetuating the stereotype that WoW is filled with dumb little 15 year olds. You can't be a reasonably intelligent person and think he's being serious.

If you want to see how he really behaves, watch "IPower" clips where they talk about random "important issues".

He doesn't really treat that girl like that.. it's for the series. They're all just friends somewhere in Europe trolling retards (that think he's serious) and providing sometimes funny, sometimes not, entertainment for those who care.

Also, congratulations to the both of them. I think it's impressive both ways.. but I also consider Athene to be better at power-leveling.

Go to www.worldofathene.com

They have a 30 minute video explaining how they did it so fast.

Also, stop whining about people being good at games being "losers." Nymph says he's employed and Athene and them are extremely successful on the internet doing what they love to do.

Thanks, bye.

EDIT: lol, I made this account in like 5 minutes with a random name off the top of my head. Curiosity made me google it and apparently "deadname" is a goth name generator website xD No relation.

Quote Originally Posted by Liguid
    They did not do the same thing. Nymh did all the damage to the mobs, where as Athene just tagged the mobs and the group killed it. Big difference there, cause all Athene did as tag the mobs and didn't do nothing after that, he just sat there and watched his out of group party kill the mobs while getting full XP. Threat does not play into XP gained. Therefor threat has no play in this argument.

Why is it a bug? Because hes getting full XP for just tagging them. If he did it outside of the instance it he would get like 2 xp cause all he did was tag it. Now lemme ask you, why do you get reduced xp for just tagging outside of an instance, but you get full xp for the instance? Cause it's an exploit, and it has already been fixed prior to Wotlk. It just happen to re-surface into wotlk.

Now why did he do it when this bug re-surfaced? because he thought blizzard was going to honor this bug again like they did when he went from 1-70. Obviously not smart; if blizzard fixed it already it means its an exploit, but he went ahead and did it anyways. regardless of the GM told them; blizzard "FIXED" the bug previously therefor making this bug an exploit. Did the GM know they we're going to use the instance bug? No. Why did i assume the GM didn't know about the instance bug in wotlk? because it was supposedly fixed. Second if the GM knew about the instance bug that resurfaced, he/she would have told them no you can't do that because it was fixed previously there for an exploit. After that the GM would have contacted blizzard about the bug and blizzard would either keep an eye out for players exploiting the bug and give the players warnings, or blizzard would have attempted to patch the system so it can not be abused. Now if blizzard knew about the exploit it wouldn't have taken 13 hours to take action.
    How you all cry "bug" is beyond me. There is no bug to it. Nothing was broken. Simply put, they changed the mechanic in which experience is gained. The big picture is about threat generation really, and you fail to see it Liguid. Healing generates threat. Damage generates threat. What does threat generation do? I'll repeat it for you -- it affects the outcome of a battle. They are the exact same thing if you take a look at the bigger picture.

Nymh's healer friend affected the outcome of his combat by healing him while he is chain pulling mobs. Athene's party of guildmates affected the outcome of his combat by either healing him (assumed so, because you're probably not going to down elite mobs quickly without a healer), and dealing damage to said mobs. It's a simple concept called "Tap-Leveling" and was used for a the longest time. Player A Taps Mob, Player(s) B (C,D, etc.) damage Mob, or Heal Player A.

If you can't fail to see it this way, here's another way.

Nymh Taps Mobs A, B, C, and D with Curse of Agony and Corruption. As their life is dwindling away, Nymh starts to lifetap to regain the mana he used. Nymh's friend starts to heal Nymh, thus has been added to the threat tables of Mobs A, B, C, and D.

Athene Taps Mobs A, B, C and D in an instance. Athene drops group, and is healed by Player A. Player A is added to the threat tables of Mobs A, B, C and D. Players B, C, and D deal damage to mobs A, B, C, and D (probably done by focus firing them down one by one) Players B, C, D are added to the threat tables of Mobs A, B, C, and D.

What is different here? Nymh performed a tap-leveling concept in a world environment, while Athene performed a tap-leveling concept in a private environment, known as an instance dungeon. Is anything else different than that? Absolutely not.

People can't continue to argue "Who's Right and Who's Wrong", but that's not what it's about. It's about "WHAT is right and WHAT is wrong". Frankly, Blizzard needs to get their double standards in check.

I went down to where I "assumed" he was talking about.

Mobs were neutral so im pretty sure I was in the right place.

No exp.... hotfixed? Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Liguid
    Except he never hit 80 period. Regardless of everyone says, the fact is athene hit level 79 and not 80. Doesn't matter if he was suppose to hit 80 in 15 hours or whatever hours it would have taken Athene. Athene never hit lvl 80.
    he actually did as the final clip was take tard face

Quote Originally Posted by Scene
    I went down to where I "assumed" he was talking about.

Mobs were neutral so im pretty sure I was in the right place.

No exp.... hotfixed? Or am I missing something?
    Same, a friend from the Beta said that there are quests that take you through this area.
    My guess, barring confirmation either way, is that it was not hotfixed, but instead requires you to be on a quest for them to either drop loot or give xp. Nymh probably started the quest and never turned it in. Again, IF my theory is correct. No data on Wowhead, Thottbot or Allakhazam. /sigh

It was only because of this golden post I happened upon that I had any desire to join this argument, as it wraps up pretty much every anti-Athene argument there is into one concise, objective, coherent and grammatically flawless essay that radiates apparent intelligence on the part of the author.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifepain
    okey..let me get this straight for you..

in my point of view:

Duras and friends was indoors leveling (instance) they where 6 ppl (first exploit)
    Lets stop there for now. Before we continue, lets make sure all readers can count up to the number 5. As common sense is rampantly becoming less and less common- (if you think this is ironic, just wait! There's more) - we must take great pains to ensure that all members of the argument are up to speed with the fact that there were only 5 people in the instance.

First exploit: refuted.

Lets continue

duras left grp and tagged all mobs without beeing in party and the other 5 ppl dpsed them down so duras got all the xp (second exploit)
    I can imagine how difficult it is for you Nymph fan boys to admit just how similar Athene and Nymphs methods were, as almost your entire shaky argument is built upon this foundation. Let me outline the differences as slowly and accessibly as I can manage.

Athene tagged mobs, out of party, before allowing the rest of his group to help him, in order to gain 100% experience while his group gained zilch.

I hope I can now reasonably expect everyone to understand this concept.

Nymph tagged mobs, out of party, before allowing his 'group' to help him, in order to gain 100% experience while his group gained zilch.

POP QUIZ: What is similar about these two methods?
    ANSWER: EVERYTHING, except the names and locations.

If the bolded and underlined phrases did not beat you over the head enough and make this obvious point any more obvious, and you STILL managed to get the wrong answer, please report yourself to the nearest cave, crawl in it, and die. You are not fit to reproduce. I need not explain why. If you refuse to comply, Darwin's theory of evolution will catch up with you eventually, God willing.

Second exploit: refuted.

they uninvited a party member so duras didnt get teleported to his HS location (third exploit) and again they uninvited duras so the other party member they uninvited did not get teleported (same as the third exploit, so basicly, fourth exploit)
    I don't know about the rest of you, but what I got from this part of his argument is basically a repeat of his first argument; "Thou shalt not have 6 people in your group for an instance, by any means sneaky, underhand, or otherwise unwholesome and inappropriate for children." As all those who can count past the number 5 (see above) can attest to, there wasn't actually 6 people in the group,
    therefore...

Third and Forth exploit: refuted.

and they asked a GM if it was legal or not, and if you ask a GM about that, u know its illegal..yes they got the respond "clever use of game mechanics", but do you all remember swifty? well he also asked a GM about his little trick, and also got: "clever use of game mechanics" but it's still and exploit and blizz changed it as fast they could
    To be honest, this took me more than a minute to properly translate. To think we have degenerated so far as humans as to have to translate our own language... but I digress.
    I believe the point that the poster is making, is that if you ask whether or not something is ok to do before doing it, then that must mean 'u know its illegal'.

We could argue over how true that point is, but just let me refer you to a simple analogy I created, for your benefit. Maybe this will clear things up.

Example 1A: Boy sees cookies on counter, boy takes a cookie, boy gets his ass beat by Mom and gets banned from Wow
    Example 1B: Athene sees advantage in leveling technique, Athene uses advantage to level to 80 fast, Athene gets his ass beat and banned from WoW

Fair enough, however, a cookie goes to whoever spots the discrepancy here:

Example 2A: Boy sees cookies on counter, boy asks Mom if it's ok to have a cookie, Mom says yes, boy eats cookie, everyone wins.
    Example 2B: Athene sees advantage in leveling technique, Athene asks GM if it's ok to use, GM says yes, Athene uses advantage to level to 80 fast, Athene gets his ass beat and banned from WoW

I spotted the discrepancy first by italicizing it, cookie goes to me. 8)
    Athene was attempting to remove the possibility of being banned by making sure it was ok first. This does not imply that he knew his actions were illegal. He just didn't want to get his ass beat.

And now, The Academy Award for Irony goes to:
    Nyhm lvled outdoors..we was not in a party, but had a healer heal him when he was low on HP (no exploit, it's called friendship) Nyhm got all the XP for the kills since he tagged them and killed them on his own (can't see any exploit here) The healer got no XP for helping him (it's unfair but he did it on own free will)
    so basicly, no exploits for Nyhm..yes, same thing, but without exploits..
    This quote is an entirely new type of verbal irony (which I coined myself); Stupirony: "a figure of speech in which what is said is the opposite of what is meant (dictionary.com)... while the speaker manages to be blissfully unaware of how contradictory the argument is to him/herself."

For the slow: he "basicly" contradicted himself by accusing Athene of the exact same things he praises Nymph for. All the while managing, I assume, to keep a straight face. Therefore, he has used the figure of speech, Stupirony. The stupid use of irony.

To finish this argument, I'm going to paraphrase you:

Athene had partners that healed when he was low on HP and helped him kill guys (no exploit, it's called friendship)
    Athene got all the XP for the kills since he tagged them and killed them on his own (can't see any exploit here)
    Athene's party got no XP for helping him (it's unfair but they did it on their own free will)
    So "basicly", no exploits for Athene... yes, same thing as Nymph, but without exploits.

</thread>

Quote Originally Posted by kahboom
    Same, a friend from the Beta said that there are quests that take you through this area.
    My guess, barring confirmation either way, is that it was not hotfixed, but instead requires you to be on a quest for them to either drop loot or give xp. Nymh probably started the quest and never turned it in. Again, IF my theory is correct. No data on Wowhead, Thottbot or Allakhazam. /sigh
    Ill tell you about this in a few mins. I just started the quest line over here. Hopefully its not at the end of the quest line XD

man blizzard sucks. they can't allow something when the same time they don't allow it..
    Both used the same techique though athene did it more organized.
    What's with all the hate ?
    Blizzard afraids that they going to lose money or something with power leveling ?
    kitty num num

Quote Originally Posted by Scene
    Ill tell you about this in a few mins. I just started the quest line over here. Hopefully its not at the end of the quest line XD
    Much appreciated. I'm sure we're not the only ones wondering what's up with these mobs. I'll check back in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man
    Athene got all the XP for the kills since he tagged them and killed them on his own (can't see any exploit here)
    Wrong. There was dps from the rest of the party. Athene was not the only one doing damage while 4 others healed him. If you believe that Athene did all the dps on his own then I have a couple bridges to sell you.

The GM was asked in advance because Athene had a hunch there would be bugs in the expansion.......bugs that the GM probably thought were fixed (from the last time Athene exploited the game.) Mob tagging would not have been a perceived problem to the GM, that is why he gave the go ahead. The GM did nothing wrong.

Athene took the risk and got slapped down for it.

Nymh took a more conservative approach and was rewarded with world's first.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man

Example 1A: Boy sees cookies on counter, boy takes a cookie, boy gets his ass beat by Mom and gets banned from Wow
    Example 1B: Athene sees advantage in leveling technique, Athene uses advantage to level to 80 fast, Athene gets his ass beat and banned from WoW

Fair enough, however, a cookie goes to whoever spots the discrepancy here:

Example 2A: Boy sees cookies on counter, boy asks Mom if it's ok to have a cookie, Mom says yes, boy eats cookie, everyone wins.
    Example 2B: Athene sees advantage in leveling technique, Athene asks GM if it's ok to use, GM says yes, Athene uses advantage to level to 80 fast, Athene gets his ass beat and banned from WoW

I spotted the discrepancy first by italicizing it, cookie goes to me. 8)
    Athene was attempting to remove the possibility of being banned by making sure it was ok first. This does not imply that he knew his actions were illegal. He just didn't want to get his ass beat.

Athene had partners that healed when he was low on HP and helped him kill guys (no exploit, it's called friendship)
    Athene's party got no XP for helping him (it's unfair but they did it on their own free will)
    So "basicly", no exploits for Athene... yes, same thing as Nymph, but without exploits.

</thread>
    First, the scenario is more like this. Little boy wants a cookie before dinner, he knows his mom will not allow it so he does not ask her. Boy gets lucky when mom has to go to the work for emergency so senile Aunt Betty has to watch him for a few hours. Boy waits til mom leaves and asks Aunt Betty if he can have a cookie which of course she says whatever dear. Boy's mom gets home, finds out he ate a cookie when he knew it was wrong and beats his a$$.

Also, as has been stated no they are not the same thing. One person simply tagged mobbed and touched himself while other people healed him and killed mobs. The other killed the mobs all by himself and had a healer keep him from dying.

Note, personally I think both are "cheaters" but they are not the same thing.