Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Re: World First LVL 80 Explained - Interview with Nymh

Quote Originally Posted by Menin
    Its Darus at least spell his name right dammit.
    Ah didnt bother to check on the name and I dont care, the point of that comment was so that everyone who appearently seen Athenes movies and hate him atleast should try to watch the movie before commenting on the issue instead of just going auto-athene-bashing.

PS: Dont really care for Athenes movies myself fyi.

/Q

let's also be clear here, one of the above posters is correct, it is a non-intended game mechanic and clearly one which blizzard does not want in the game.

It's simple for the fact that Athene/Darus actually went to Blizzard to ask. In other words, he was warned about it previously and most likely told that they didn't want that kind of structure/leveling in the game. Why do you think he actually went to Blizz to ask? If he was completely sure, he would not have asked.

He knew was doing something sketchy and most likely an exploit of the system, yet he did it anyways. Granted he did say he talked to a gm, but then he may have talked to 5 also and 4/5 said he couldn't but he went with the one who said it was okay. On that we'll never truly know, only that he now has his toon back.

My question still stands though, I wonder how fast either Darus/Athene or Nymh could go if they had ZERO outside help. Those that have leveled up solo, without a pocket healer or use of exploitive, or clever use of game mechanics are the true powerlevelers and the ones that truly deserve the world firsts IMO.

So I ask again, how fast did someone get to level 70 with realistically no outside help.

Athene (darus) won, get over it, deal with it, reason with it, acknowledge it, face it.

For every Light, there is a Shadow.

Save Net Neutrality, spread the word!

Quote Originally Posted by Atrimentus
    Athene (darus) won, get over it, deal with it, reason with it, acknowledge it, face it.
    LOL
    srs bzns

Neither won anything, they exploited, they have no life. Get over it, deal with it, reason with it, acknowledge it, face it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schubi
    As a matter of fact: The sole purpose of a dungeon/instance is to shield one group from any external influence. That is ONE group. Ever tried to enter the same dungeon with two different groups? What happens then is intended behaviour and everybody knows that
    Hmmm, well I wouldnt agree to this statement. The purpose of the instance is to set aside a game environment specifically designed to be handled by multiple players without having the gameworld issues with player competition. The complexity of the instance thus specify how many players are allowed inside it.

IMO the number of players and separate environment is the key items here, now ofcourse Blizzard tied this into the group concept but thats more of a implementation solution that allows easier handling of the group mechanics (targetting etc etc).

Also I am a bit vary of the multiple group statement in your comment, ofcourse by leaving the group Darus ends up in a "world group" or whatever one would call it but at no point where there more than the allowed number of players for the instance ie. 5.

Anyway, no point arguing it all comes down to matter of opinion and I wouldnt be surprised if this was debated extensively within the GM community as well.

-Q

i want to comment smthg, but... really no idea what i want to say

this is the blizzard's fault to let ppl can lvling that quick?

Good example why you should never take blizzard or wow seriously. They are hypocrites who don't even know their own rules.

Statics are fun to compare, but achievements are just for plain retards. Who ever gets first cook master or whatever crap doesn't get any respect from me. Main reason is because I don't really care.

Nymh wasen't world first 80, Athene was.

well technically no, because he never dinged 80

Quote Originally Posted by Leodido
    well technically no, because he never dinged 80
    this is false.

Technically Darus was the world first. If you get technical and take into account either the athene team NOT getting banned and dinging 80 10 hours before Nymh, or banning Nymh the same amount of time.

So to get technical either Darus is the world first holder, or neither of them are.

Those are the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by garoboldy
    So to get technical either Darus is the world first holder, or neither of them are.

Those are the facts.
    Bitter. Nymh is world first 80, fact. Athene, or Darus, whatever never dinged 80, another fact.
    He won, suck it.
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

Quote Originally Posted by Topcraft
    Bitter. Nymh is world first 80, fact. Athene, or Darus, whatever never dinged 80, another fact.
    He won, suck it.
    lol TY for the tears young one.

if you haven't noticed none of us care who dinged. Its just enjoyable watching QQ scrubs like this defend pixels.

If you want to further add fuel to the fire, Darus had an advantage in the instance that Nymh didn't and that was non-interference from other players.

What Darus did stinks to high heaven of an exploit. It is the same sort of exploit that was used to get players attuned for kara quickly. Clear the instance then just have them run in or get summoned by a lock.

It sounds like the idiot just couldn't keep his mouth shut and had to brag all over the place and Blizzard probably put a tag on his account and watched how he leveled.

Moral of the story. If you figure out how to get 100 dollars in cash out of an ATM by only withdrawing 1 dollar, don't go spreading it all over creation.

Who's the first to ding 80 without exploiting? (i.e. no out of grouping, no tagging and having your guild kill them out of group, no out of group healer healing you the whole time, etc.)

I'd like to see MMO-Champion feature a 5 man team (or solo, 2 man, whatever) that grinded or quested or instanced to the top rather than folks who exploit.

That's funny, they spelled Darus wrong.
    And I didn't know that Darus was French.

Why exactly was the place Nymh farmed hotfixed if it was ok to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by ViolatorGG
    Out of group dps is wrong, it kills your targets a lot faster = faster exp.
    Out of group healing is totally fine, your target wont die any faster = the usual exp.
    No healing, you die instead of your target = no xp. WoW is retarded for making that kind of artificial qualification for experience.

Bah. The REAL world's fist level 80 was the guy who did it all by himself without lame exploits.

Been reading a load of posts, why does everybody think it was Athene that was the exploit leveller in that group? It was Darus the prot paladin. Athene was the healer in that 5 man group, getting no xp. So athene has nothing to do with getting to 80 first except that he helped Darus.

As for what Darus/Athene did, calling it an "exploit" is debatable. Athene himself conversed with a GM BEFORE they started levelling, and this first GM said it was ok, and that it is allowed and is just a clever way of levelling. This means, that it is not "cheating". After 15 hours, moments from when Darus was about to ding 80, a GM halted a boss fight (unless im mistaken) and explained how they will be banned, and without even letting them reply, banned them then and there.

Athene has posted a video on Youtube explaining EVERYTHING. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibSWooWOiO0

IF Darus was allowed to ding 80, he would have been Level 80 in 15 hours, compared to Nymh's 27 hours.

This subject is debatable and will be for all time. As Athene even points out in the video, in the end of the day, this means nothing and noone cares, even Darus, who I have personally talked to, doesnt care. At the end of the day Blizzard, as it is very nearly written in their Terms of Service, own you, they do not even have to legally give a reason why they ban you.

So all in all, unlucky to Darus, Athene, Airbombas, Meatloaf and Slö for their efforts being in vain, but still doing an excellent job. And congratulations to Nymh for technically being the first level 80 in 27 hours.

After reading most of the posts
    I would have to say there are a lot of Athene haters out there but never the less there are some points I would like to make.

1.The character Athene portrayed by the Ipower crowd is just that (ITS A TONGUE IN CHEEK LOOK AT PRO-GAMING WITH WoW AS ITS FOCUS)

2.Both Athene and Nymh attempted the record with methods considered by Blizzards T&C's to be exploiting the game hence by dictionary definition exploits were used by both characters.

3.There was only 5 people in Athenes group not 6 as is constantly repeated in this thread you wouldnt see the sixth person in the instance.

4.The Character that was been leveled by the team organised by Athene was Darus.

5.Athenes team was clearly in the lead by at least a 10hour margin

6.The fact that you flame Athene whilst congratulating Nyhm shows you are not impartial and cant even understand the basic principle of exploiting the game.

7.Who currently holds fastest 1-60 1-70 60-70 world records thats right youve guessed its Athene

8.Who will hold the world record for 1-80 my guess is Athene

9.Why do people insist on flaming Athene when he clearly demonstrates a more indepth knowledge of the game and its mechanics that half of you guys put together without this he wouldnt have been able to achieved what he has.

10.Quite simply put he is Merciless Gladiator Athene the best paladin in the world!

11.This is for all you Yanks out there we do not give a toss what you think.Btw its not American english its just english that you cant spell

And on a final note I take it none of you have ever helped a character that has allready tagged a mob to down it quicker because they are having trouble dropping it nah didnt think so

Wanna know why they really banned him?

Cause he lvls to 80 faster than their GMs can type /set 80!

Quote Originally Posted by Devidose
    Forumchibi, in regards to why it's wrong:

Warlock was attacking outside non elite mobs, this gives 100% XP to a solo player.
    Athene was tagging mobs inside a 5 man instance, using a broken game mechanic, that it looks like they are the original cause of in the first place, to tag a mob, have a group supply the damage to take down 5M elites, resulting in boosted XP. This is so people still have a steady XP gain while doing instances. The XP gained from these elites is not meant for solo players, as it was received here.
    WTB Run through RFC 2g!!!!

These people have no life. What are they going to do other than brag, i got to 80 first? there is no real point and this is a GAME, not a contest. If you people think they deserve props for finding the biggest exploit without getting banned or finding some sad fuck to help them for no reason other than wanting him to be first, is retarded.

Level as you please, have fun with the game, hell just live. Grinding mobs for 27 hours straight is not leveling, its mindless, and if you think it means they are better than us, then i fear for the worlds survival.

These people make me sick.