Poll: DO you think shadow priest are lacking survivability PvP

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Spriest PvP free kill???

I am leveling in Borean Tundra and i am getting constiently ganked by every class with no chance of killing them do other spriest feel that they have no survivabilty against other classes.

Re: Spriest PvP free kill???

Do you have 0 resilience? That could be a problem. Otherwise, Shadow Priests have been buffed considerably.

yes i have 0 resil i have full PvE gear t5/t6 and before patch 3.0 i could kill people with 0 resil and now i have no chance no even against warriors anymore

Ive had the same problem, my solution was simply to use a pvptrinket :P

Think about it^^

Deleted

ShadowPriest grows stronger with higher resilience. Your Shields last longer u can heal the incoming damage better. @ 80 the only Problem of Shadow Priest in duels against my Lock was that they go oom faster than me. While leveling the only thing u can do is always have armor buff and shield up (but takes more mana) and if u are troll always use your shadow shield it can proc blackout -- rogue attack u and is the same time stunned like u. or not hope for proc chance ^^

Quote Originally Posted by buddybone
    ShadowPriest grows stronger with higher resilience. Your Shields last longer u can heal the incoming damage better. @ 80 the only Problem of Shadow Priest in duels against my Lock was that they go oom faster than me. While leveling the only thing u can do is always have armor buff and shield up (but takes more mana) and if u are troll always use your shadow shield it can proc blackout -- rogue attack u and is the same time stunned like u. or not hope for proc chance ^^
    They removed it dude.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Shh Sleep
    yes i have 0 resil i have full PvE gear t5/t6
    Problem found

I'm having this problem too but I also have no PVP gear. I hope getting some resillience will help, cause just now I almost have no chance of winning. Against a warrior/rogue/paladin it's death in 1-2 seconds! Sure I can fear once every 30 seconds (which gets trinketed or resisted), but other than that I'm just a guy in cloth who has no way to get away from someone throwing out crits for 80% of my life

greenmasheen

spec disc?

With the new changes, if you have 0 resil will get you killed even faster. I'm sorry to say it, but PvP is becoming an even bigger part of WoW. (Not really sorry since I love it heh) If you want to PvP, you really need PvP gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Endil
    With the new changes, if you have 0 resil will get you killed even faster. I'm sorry to say it, but PvP is becoming an even bigger part of WoW. (Not really sorry since I love it heh) If you want to PvP, you really need PvP gear.
    I guess you mean. If you want to do quests and survive while doint it, you really need PvP gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Endil
    wtf are you doing on a PvP server, flagged, with 0 resi?

And if you ever beat a PvP geared player whilst having 0 resillience it was because they sucked.

Sorry, but PvP needs a totally different gear set. Which means either prioritise levelling/grinding and accept the odd ganked corpse run - or wear PvP gear and level slower. Classes can and will kill you inside a stun without 11-12k health and 300 resi (hell, some well geared ones can do it despite that).

At the very least you should have the PvP trinket....

With the new shadow priest talent, NO.

This is just lol.

Its like saying 'I'm shit in PvP, I have crap gear, I have crap skillz, but WTF it must
    be DA CLASS ITS WEAK BUFF US FFS!!!
    Bigger than Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Djolisimo
    This is just lol.

Its like saying 'I'm shit in PvP, I have crap gear, I have crap skillz, but WTF it must
    be DA CLASS ITS WEAK BUFF US FFS!!!
    Yeah...thats exactly was this disscussion is about :

fade and dispersion are pretty handy imo

Quote Originally Posted by greenmasheen
    spec disc?
    Disc Priests with 0 resil get eaten up faster than Shadow. True story.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

It's all about knowing when to use Dispersion and having decent pvp gear.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

I don't like the fact that if you're questing/soloing/farming whatever... and thus unlikely to have your full pvp gear on, if you are descended apon you have next to 0 chance of surviving... I don't see the same thing with the physical dps classes.

So pvp isn't balanced for that situation... no problems I can understand that but I still dislike the fact that other classes can pvp with reasonable success in pve gear.

I have found in the pvp environment that spriests are useless until they get close to max resilience... which makes it hard to get ahead coz you don't start on max resilience... so I find spriests are reliant on gear a lot more than other classes. In addition I dislike having so many dots... dots are slow dps and susceptible to dispels which gives us poor mana effeciency on top of slow dps. Basically we're a cloth class that needs to outlast opponents in order to win... however most physical dps classes (ret pallys, warriors, hunters, rogues) have oodles of burst and at this stage I can't see how we're going to outlast those opponents.

My opinion my change at 80 once I get a good feel for our dps in pvp gear and what sort of health levels everyone has etc... but my feeling is our survivability doesn't match our dps output and we will be poorly matched against paladins & priests who can remove a large portion of our damage.

Kinda funny, you need PvP gear to do PvE on a PvP server, but most PvP gear is useless in PvE.