Poll: DO you think shadow priest are lacking survivability PvP

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Spriest PvP free kill???

Quote Originally Posted by sd78
    I don't think it's possible to lose to a Shadow Priest as a Feral Drood as long as Berzerk is up.

Mangle! Mangle Mangle!
    Divine Hymn.

And no, spriest isn't a free kill. There's one more spell that triggers blackout (DP). And dots do eat a lot, not to say mind blast and mind flay. So no, we are not a free kill. A noob who got owned when playing shadow should not be listened to.

15+ Year Old Account

I don't think it's possible to lose to a Shadow Priest as a Feral Drood as long as Berzerk is up.

Mangle! Mangle Mangle!
    I may add, if Berserk is not up and he gets the jump for some reason, you're already dead. If you don't have Berserk (or a PvP trinket) and you get the jump, a well payed priest has a good chance to own you.

As far as I've seen world PvP in Northrend (yes, I'm a feral dr00d) the majority of people is grinding with PvE gear, the one that gets the jump has a great advantage (no surprise so far uh), if I can Pounce-Mangle-Shred-TF-Maim-Shred practically EVERYTHING dies. Exept for shadow priests and paladins. The latter bubbling, the former with Fear/Dispersion the second they are free if my Maim is 0,5s late.

So well.... no the problem is not your class, it's one of the hardest to kill, also because, unlikely arena, most grinding people do NOT wear the PvP trinket all the time, and that turns your successul fear into a 90% win.
    It's most likely you. Sad and harsh as it may be, learn to play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

again u r too hasty of insulting ppl and u dont see the bigger picture. even though he is in a pvp server (which in my 4 year experience is totally lame unless u r a rogue or a ret nowadays or ret-ard who ganks low lvls) he has to lvl through pve so its only logical to wear pve armor and even if he had a little resi (about 100-200 im not talking about s4) chances r with the current talents/skills etc a rogue/ret would still kill him. i dunno about 80 pvp but imo it ll remain the same inbalanced sh... thing so my suggestion is go to a pve server and if u want to pvp go to arenas and bgs world pvp is non existant (at least in the server ive played and seen) or reroll rogue or ret (i got sick just thing about it) or better yet go to a better game (like war)

You have 0 ressilence the person who ganked you has 0 ressilence, the diffrence?
    he got the upper hand and went OLOLOLOL TRINKET MACRO ZOOM ZOOM
    how do you expect to counter that when you did not even see it coming
    and you got 0 ressilence probably by the time you noticed you were on
    half hp.

Theres no new pvp gear so its hard to answer this
    maybe once new pvp gear is here things will change with stats etc until then ?

Quote Originally Posted by skyclops
    Theres no new pvp gear so its hard to answer this
    maybe once new pvp gear is here things will change with stats etc until then ?
    Uh, there IS level 80 PvP gear. Check again.

Quote Originally Posted by syanid
    Divine Hymn.

And no, spriest isn't a free kill. There's one more spell that triggers blackout (DP). And dots do eat a lot, not to say mind blast and mind flay. So no, we are not a free kill. A noob who got owned when playing shadow should not be listened to.
    Uhhhhh...my character IS a Feral Druid. Even if they do get the jump while Berzerk is down, they will have great difficulty preventing me from escaping, healing back to full and stealthing back to rape their face.

I can honestly say that I only have a vague idea what Dispersion does because I just auto-attack until it wears off and recommence the rape. I PVPd with a feral drood on Murmer (where EVERYONE had 750res) and had no trouble with them.
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

Uhhhhh...my character IS a Feral Druid. Even if they do get the jump while Berzerk is down, they will have great difficulty preventing me from escaping, healing back to full and stealthing back to rape their face.

I can honestly say that I only have a vague idea what Dispersion does because I just auto-attack until it wears off and recommence the rape. I PVPd with a feral drood on Murmer (where EVERYONE had 750res) and had no trouble with them.
    Sure, just escape. Who said anything about Dispersion? I said Divine Hymn. When you gank a priest who knows how to play, you'll see.

I don't have any problem at all now and I'm level 78. Just heal. renews and PoM's are your friend. instant cast dots and live longer than then. as it's quite often rogues/mages/hunters who can't heal so sooner or later they'll die from your dots and with the changes to spell power you should be able to heal enough.

this is me in T6/sunwell gear so 0 res also.

so get out of shadowform. due to the mechanics of our dps we can't stand toe to toe with a rogue and expect him not to stun you to pieces...

my 2p anyway

Disc/Holy priests are still a real bastard to kill.

I would burst them down to 10% and they'd bunny-hop around and heal back to full.
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)