Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: t7 Content was supposed to be easy...

I never did those two myself, but there were plenty of people with the Twilight Vanquisher tags etc.
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

kara gruul and maggy werent that hard at launch. A lot of guilds did them fast and cleared it very fast.

the main problem is they were bugged/tuned badly.

I do think that blizzard made a mistake this time round as while I am not in a guild like 25novemberorwhatever I still think the 25s wont be that difficult. and if its several months till 3.1 then we will just do farm raids.

then again. going into wotlk 25s in sunwell gear is already pretty overgeared. I know there are T5 things that dont get replaced till naxx so you are talking about people who:

1. out gear the instance (its designed for blue wotlk gear not T6/T6.5 epix.
    2. have run all instances in beta and have probably done naxx 40 several times.
    3. Are very hard core raiders for who stuff like this is easy anyway.
    4. probably have the best consumables enchants pots etc all ready.

when you actually go into naxx 25 you will most likely:

1. have never been there, so it will be new causing several wipes.
    2. will be in subpar gear to it. well maybe not subpar but you wont outgear it.
    3. wont be so hardcore anyway.
    4. likely will skim a bit on self optimalisation, so maybe just half the raid will have flasks if that.

is it easy? I dont know tbh. If 25novemberwhatever, didnt blitz through it something would be wrong with the instance.

Riiiight....because the typical Rogue has 130dps weapons going into Naxx. Oh, wait...

The simple fact of the matter is that WotLK raid and heroic content is a JOKE, while pre-nerf Kara, Gruul and Mag were pretty damn challenging for competent guilds on BC release.
    CoryEverson: lvl80 Death Knight (Lich King)

I could agree that some of the content may seemed easy. But I really think that was really the point. They wanted the people to try it out, and harder raids will come. This was also a very rare case with no attunements (remember, even Kara needed one before?), no resistant fights, and also, a raid that had been tested on beta and also been run pre-tbc.

If people find it not to be a challenge, well. then they might want to try out all the achievements bound to the raids. You know, just by killing a boss, doesn't mean you have done it as hard as you actually can.

http://www.wowhead.com/?achievements=14923

hehe Karazhan after launch tbc?... Curator and then Shade of Aran progress?... well that was fun at first, then it was kinda tiring, but when you killed him? It was wonderful:-)... easy 10 and 25 man instances? omfg blizzard you failed!

15+ Year Old Account

I get the feeling that none of you guys know what Grull 1.0, Vashj 1.0 and Sharaz 1.0 were.

And yeah, wiping on Aran cause someone moved is being retarded, not an hard encounter, I agree on that.

Sure, Naxxramas was stated to be a "nice free epic ride" for guild in SWP, but that does NOT refer to all the retards that went there after 3.0 and think they are cool.

Mark my words: you are NOT SK/Nihilum. One more month, give or take, and I'm absolutely sure that I'll see 90% of you people whining here about "how insanely hard the <insert random boss> fight is".
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by huffnpoop
    why do you need a gear check for naxx?
    A very stupid question. Some fights are based around co-ordination so IF you get your timing right (FFS DONT MOVE ON FLAME WREATH.....& WHO THE FUCK DID PUSH THERE BUTTON ON MAGGY) the fights are easy and done easily within the enrage timers.

Gear checks are static fights where people can just unload but everyone has to do there max DPS or they wont beat the timer. They are an important type of fight and make people gear through Raiding and Skill to push every character to the Max DPS. Sunwell was a mix of both, co-ordinated fights that were gear checks at the same time.

You need gear checks, and there are gear checks in almost every Raid instance designed since Vanilla.
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Mage, Druid, DK & Shaman,

Quote Originally Posted by kandrewfelson
    Blizzard clearly stated that they wanted Naxx to be a raid that didnt leave anyone behind if they were not geared. Naxx is a starting instance, meant to get everyone ready.

I understand why people are upset for t7 raids, but really t4 was never a challenge, if there was a guild like TheTwentyFifthNovember at that time and the gear difference wasnt retarded between prebc-bc, then the exact same thing would have happened imo.

Errr, Gruul before any nerfs was hard and felt good when you downed him. Anything after the first nerf was ezmode.

And yes it was.

Quote Originally Posted by ndrew
    Karazhan was very challenging before the nerfs.
    Sarcasm or not, I agree with this - I remember back when Primal mooncloth was the normal and healers had ~6K health, I remember the repair bills on Curator. Then when the 30% nerf came Kara was a JOKE!

It does inflict a certain degree of sadness to you, but oh well.

Last time I checked, Blizzard stated that Naxx was supposed to be extremely easy. :-\ However, like most people, I didn't exactly expect them to make it a complete cakewalk.

And those that say Kara/Gruul/Mag are easy, didn't do them prior to their nerfs. They were actually hard at one time. Just like Vashj and Kael'thas were big guild breakers, especially Kael, I knew friends in fellow guilds that were on him for almost 3 weeks to almost a month before killing Kael prior to his nerf. Same with half the BT bosses and Archimonde(granted even with his HP/Damage nerf, if you have idiots in the group you will still fail), but like Illidan is even more of a joke now than he originally was. Hopefully Blizzard picks up on this and makes Ulduir into a real raid instance. 10 mans are fine, but making them easy for casuals is not. I love the idea behind the 10 mans and I will be running them along with 25 mans, but I do not want a welfare instance, give us a challenge whether it be 10 or 25 man. 8)

... I totally agree with whoever said that we are NOT SK/Nihilum

These guys are the best, half the people here don't even compare to them, you're talking about legendary weapons, full sunwell, full Kil Jaden gear, full t6. Were not talking about the half-assed t5 guys who got into BT after the patch and got some illi loot before Wrath (hey wait.... thats me).

On top of the gear these guys hold, they are also smart. Boss fights arent hard, people are just stupid, these guys have proven that they can take all the challenges Blizz can throw at em, so why would you think the first raid thats meant to get people some gear would be super tough?

I hope that this is as easy as kara was after the 1st couple of patches, I'm not hardcore and I really don't like wiping on a boss for hours, but just because Nihilum and SK could blow through it doesnt mean pugs or your guild will too.

To the people that are complaining about the difficulty of raiding:

It was a "cakewalk" for Nihilum and SK gaming. Do you notice that I just said Nihilum and SK gaming and not your random guild that you think is amazing and think will blow through the content. For you to complain about the content means that you believe that you are of equal or greater skill to that of the player base of the 25ofnovember, which your not.

Do you realize that there is shit called content patches? which blizzard will be bringing out to further the raiding experience, you should probably step foot in these instances and play on a LIVE server with your actual guild before you speak. Do you honestly think blizzard puts in any consideration to OH HOW DOES NIHILUM/SKGAMING WANT THE BOSS BOSSES TO BE TUNED?!?!?!??!?!. You people need to realize that with a player base of 11 million accounts or whatever some insane percentage around only 5-10 % are above average raiders. Everyone has seen it and knows what im talking about, you clearly are not going to cater to a minority, it just doesnt make sense on a financial aspect in blizzards eyes and if it makes sense to you, please let me handle your money.

Everyone has mixed opinions on TBC and its difficulty and comparison to this new content. But what you have to realize is that naxx is the beginning instance in WOTLK. there are going to be many more content patches with most likely an exponential scale in difficulty but who knows to be exact. When I first did kara with a nub guild it was pretty challenging at somepoints. And by the way I advanced and killed kael before all nerfs, BT, Hyjal, and 3 in sunwell. The previous statement was just to show that Iv been on both sides of the spectrum. You should take Nihilums/sk's accomplishments with a grain of salt, they are above everyone on a time dedication, coordination, and skill level. To ever compare to them really just makes you look stupid.

I was deeply disappointed when I found out that all the raid content was already cleared. I get that these guys had a huge advantage, but still. I am a casual player and all I really wanted to see out of WOTLK raids was having them all be 10-mans. I want them to be challenging and I want them to be hard. I just wanted them to be more accessible. If the difficulty stays this easy, it will be like UBRS back in the day when ppl pugged that all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by HotSorceress
    I was deeply disappointed when I found out that all the raid content was already cleared. I get that these guys had a huge advantage, but still. I am a casual player and all I really wanted to see out of WOTLK raids was having them all be 10-mans. I want them to be challenging and I want them to be hard. I just wanted them to be more accessible. If the difficulty stays this easy, it will be like UBRS back in the day when ppl pugged that all the time.
    people like you ruin the game to be honest

Raids are too hard. The mass casuals complain

Casuals catch wind that its easy, and they complain?

Leave the game so the people who want a challenge can have it..

The only hard boss out of TBC content was Mu'ru pre patch, and yes he DID make the baby Jesus cry.

Anything I have seen so far has been more of the same cake walk that TBC was. Although I did laugh when Blizzard said Kara was too much of a gap from heroic content.

If they make raiding any easier we will be getting T7 in the mail for just hitting 80.

SK/Nihilum are just a bunch of ding dongs in europe
    stop riding their dicks

any guild with good leadership, coordination, and a good understanding of the boss strats can accomplish this.

Is that why theres so many other guilds that have accomplished this feat so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias
    Too bad noone will be able to say that about T7.
    Looks like the time when they release tough raids then nerfed them a month later is over .... now it will be released nerfed from the start.

or will they still nerf it. o.O ?

We all know the carebears of this game will kick up a stink over the new instances raids.
    So far from what I have seen on my realm is people already bitching last boss in nexus >.> hate to see it when we get into the raids.

OK look, I've been playing this game since launch. Back when scholo was 10 manable, strath 10man, and ubrs 20 man... It was all tank and spank and guilds cleared it, geared it and got ready FOR MOLTEN CORE BABY. UBRS was a stepping stone for the game.

Now, KARA was supposed to be the UBRS of the XP. Only you couldn't pug it at the start. It took forever for any semi ok/casual guild to clear it. Unlike its buddy URBS. Blizzard would of had alot more people in sunwell, in BT experiencing content, however, gearing yourself up from kara, was too hard.

Here we are in the xp.. What do you think blizzard wants to do, have people struggle, waste time trying to figure out how to do Naxx? OR have 3/4 the people gear in naxx(the new UBRS) and strive for more endgame being "ok" geared.

I've done 40 man mc/naxx/aq40, and I tell ya from experience. You will have alot more fun in this game, if you get "ok geared" at the start, and then jump into the C'thun fights of WOTLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayur
    Is that why theres so many other guilds that have accomplished this feat so far?

if you take what i said into context, you should realize that not everyone levels to 80 so fast.
    When people do get to 80 and have a full raid...with the right type of leadership and coordination it is possible.