Thread: early instances

early instances

Utgarde was easy, how about the rest of them? I never liked kill order, as it slowed things down a bit... just wondered if the instances to level 75 are more or less AoE tanking trash mobs? Nexus is where im going tonight, and i want it to go quick, so just wondered if at least Nexus was AoE tanking.

Re: early instances

Nexus is more interesting then Utgarde.

Still easiness if you have decent gear however.

Quote Originally Posted by Knighjen
    Utgarde was easy, how about the rest of them? I never liked kill order, as it slowed things down a bit... just wondered if the instances to level 75 are more or less AoE tanking trash mobs? Nexus is where im going tonight, and i want it to go quick, so just wondered if at least Nexus was AoE tanking.
    im a level 71 prot warrior in BT gear and ive aoe tanked everything up to and including violet hold (with a 70 healer).

Ignore this thread, after posting i seen the one about the boring instances, seems like they are all AoE, which is great!!! I look forward to them!
    BTW Thanks for responding!! ;D

all instances are way to easy - they seriously need a buff - casual gamers should die!

we farmed violet hold yesterday (sort of BM) except you dont have to wait for 10 minutes after each boss
    moonkin, prot warrior, sh priest, elemental shaman and retri pala,

no we didnt take a healer...

15+ Year Old Account

Bah humbug @ Wrath dungeons. I'm disappoined.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrowwind
    all instances are way to easy - they seriously need a buff - casual gamers should die!
    /sigh
    throw away your T6 and try the instances with quest greens if you want a challenge.
    Blizz failed with the WotLK itemization item lvl IMHO. Should have been a much larger gap to level the playing field.
    This space is available for rent!

Quote Originally Posted by gringo
    /sigh
    throw away your T6 and try the instances with quest greens if you want a challenge.
    Blizz failed with the WotLK itemization item lvl IMHO. Should have been a much larger gap to level the playing field.
    And then they would complain about their gear being sharded too fast. Lets just accept that some people will complain about anything.

This has truly become world of whinecraft, because you can't please 11 million subscribers all the time.

Seriously if you go into a normal 5-man with T6 you are going to rape it. You outgear the place by miles.

Personally I like the look of the instances. Specially UK looked amazing (I like the Viking look to the whole area). But for my personal preference they where a bit to long with trash. But I will live

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Barrowwind
    You are either a moron or a bad troll...

Think it's easy? Run the instances with 3 man instead of 5, or play naked...

Arguments about things being too easy dissapoint me, that wasnt the point of this thread, i was just curious about nexus and beyond... if you have T6 then you should at least comprehend that a reg instance even a few levels ahead of you will be super easy! I for one dont have T6, or T4 for that matter, i didnt run Kara all the time, and when i did my T4 stuff always got outrolled on... i did have welfare S2 chest and a few other pvp stuff, which i didnt afk for, i ran heroics there near the end for some things, but comming back fresh to wow a month or 2 before release of WoLK i wasnt to interested in getting better gear since i thought it would be replaced at the first quest green... so with my current gear i was curious how they were... and i did go to nexus last night it was easy, mobs dodged me a bit since i wasnt hit capped, overall it was fun, it was easy, and i probably wont go there again, the color of the place annoys me, too blue!!!
    plz if you continue posting in this thread, dont turn it out to be a qq fest about it being easy, just your opinion on IF they are easy, not that they are too easy and need buffed, they are fine, like the above post said, drop your T6, go naked, or drop 2 members from the group, and it will be a challenge, otherwise wait till you hit heroics as im sure they will be tougher.

The Old Kingdom is the best dungeon i've seen so far all i have left is ulduar utgrade pinacle then off to heroic mode and raids. I agree some of the instances are a little to short but overall they are a 1000 times better than any outland dungeon. They could have implimented a couple more items for the bosses and a couple more quest for some of the dungeons like Drak'tharon Keep but all and all i love running them.

Hey, well at least all the new instances are not flamboyantly happy tele-tubby colored with technicolored weapons.

less time in instanced=win for me!!!!!!! im all for a few hours in an instance, but i never did like pulling tons of groups of mobs, just to get to the first boss, repeat for 2nd boss... like utgarde, its a hike to the first boss, but then its super fast after that, my WOW time is limited (work 12 hour days) off at 5pm, so i have 5 hours to get things done before girlfriend gets home...

I've only done Nexus and UK so far. I like the layout, design, shortness and all about the instances. Sure, they were easy, but the real test is on heroic mode.

Healed through both Utgarde Keep and Nexus a few times as a 31/0/31 Restokin build, tried full Balance healing on the first run in UK but without a specced tank and all the retarded extra flavour the DPS often bring to PuGs, it wasn't enough.

Okay it's easy, but limited to PuGs mainly (not in a raiding guild atm, just a few friend to go with) it isn't too easy as a healer, because the basic PuG retard rarely knows about the hotness of fire and that if a boss does some shiny magic, it often hurts.

I like the instances layout though. The trash in instances in easy as it's supposed to be, unlike TBC where in most instances in both normal and heroic, trash was harder than the bosses unless the group was loaded with CC. Bosses are also much more interesting than in TBC, which was kinda tank&spank all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Inside
    Hey, well at least all the new instances are not flamboyantly happy tele-tubby colored with technicolored weapons.
    ^^This is why I read forums. Quotes like this make my day. Beats the Outland = space goats and laxor elves one (which was also very funny)^^

your right about the toughness depending on the PUG... i like to tank, i like to tank fast, i hate waiting on CC... I've already met 2 healers that were insanely awesome (which are now friended)
    but 2 cases in utgarde
    1 random pug except healer, which was my GM just respecc'ed resto from enhancement, his mana never dropped the first part of the instance, so i pulled trash after trash, it was quick! when we got to the room with the dragons, i simply said "Alright *gm* imma run you out of mana"... he knew what was comming, simply said "uh oh"... pulled the first dragon, charged second group, waited a few seconds to maintain aggro, taunted 3rd group, and so on, we did the whole room, without stopping... he burned through a mana pot and whatever shamans do to get their mana up... it was FUNNNNNNN
    2 random pug, utgarde was a mess, i had to throw on my extra armor gear so i didnt die, was popping my survival instincts every 3 mins, my 2 dodge trinkets, barkskin, frenzie regen, but we beat it... so i cant complain too much, but point is, find the right group!!! if your not in a hardcore raid guild, make sure you friend the people you pug with that are good!

We did UK and the Nexus as lvl 70s with an pally tank, Shadow priest, healing priest, mage and me (lock) without a single wipe/death.

Now im lvl 73 and took a couple other guildies there and 2 of their friends all in the 71-72 range (pally tank, pally healer, hunter, rogue and lock) and we completely wiped 3 times in UK. In the case of the wipes, we had a pally tank and pally healer, both hadnt been in that role before so it was a learning experience. Overall the instances are set about right if you are looking to experiment out new specs and have a laugh, remember that all new people to the game prob wont raid in TBC so any gear they have will be TBC instance/quest gear and WOTLK instances will be set for that gear level.

To those that say its too easy and casuals should die, just remember that they may be casual now but in 6months they may be hardcore raiders making up part of your raid group, if they had died a casual then you may not be able to do your little raid and how ever will you flex your epeen then?