Thread: Now What....

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Now What....

Made it 70 to 80 in a burst of caffeine and blury sleep deprived madness. 71 to 80 was FG/SL so lots of fun but now time to get ready to instance/raid. Though I didn't take many pieces as upgrades due to SWP/BT gear I watched my crit go from north of 30% w' over 300 haste to having (untalented/unstoned 13%'ish crit w' about 9-10% haste). Hit that was over cap is now well below. Heroics are lvl 82 so only 6% hit req but naxx needs 17%. Given how dps stat hungry destro is I'd have to say that isn't a winner till at least the end of naxx.

Seems like we do the BC thing of fall back to affliction first or maybe a demo lock. Death's Embrace + Soul Siphon should be pretty stout dps that doesn't rely on crit. Demo will be far less but will have the most crit and dmg from skill points. The buff should be nice in naxx10 w no ele shammy.

17% less 3% for suppression/cata, 3% shadowpriest, 1% exodar crowd, so that leaves us needing 10 or 11% hit (not sure if drae and SP stack in 3.0.x)

I think much of the theorycrafting was counting on us having higher crit/haste/hit %'s at 80 from the high end 70 gear.

OH, anyone else notice they haven't spawned the lvl 80 arena and honor vendor yet or am I just that out of it?
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

Re: Now What....

season hasn't started as far as i know so your not going crazy ;D wow u really need to sleep!
    "I have been to a place where Love and Pain are one.... Where dancers Glide and Masks hide...."

Now what? I don't know. I guess you have shot your load prematurely. While I hope you find the answer to "what now", I know I wont have that problem as im enjoying the slow grind, taking in the scenery and running from mobs 10 levels higher then me that just want to do me harm....
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Now what?
    Sit and wait, duh!

Quote Originally Posted by Aknot
    Now what? I don't know. I guess you have shot your load prematurely. While I hope you find the answer to "what now", I know I wont have that problem as im enjoying the slow grind, taking in the scenery and running from mobs 10 levels higher then me that just want to do me harm....
    here too! some of the Zones are very breath taking for sure!!
    "I have been to a place where Love and Pain are one.... Where dancers Glide and Masks hide...."

Quote Originally Posted by drwdarkangel
    here too! some of the Zones are very breath taking for sure!!
    Yeah I got a new top of the line PC coming in Mid December.... Im thinking I will hold my "favorite" of my 5 back just for that.

I mean it looks great right now however my machine now was top of the line 4-5 years ago. I cant wait to see the game on the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykk
    You just made me spill my tea all over myself, shame on you!

Send me the cleaning bill.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by lrs078
    Now what....
    Now you wait...
    And wait...
    and wait...
    and...
    zzz.........

But, hooray for you becoming 80 already!

Quote Originally Posted by lrs078
    Made it 70 to 80 in a burst of caffeine and blury sleep deprived madness. 71 to 80 was FG/SL so lots of fun but now time to get ready to instance/raid. Though I didn't take many pieces as upgrades due to SWP/BT gear I watched my crit go from north of 30% w' over 300 haste to having (untalented/unstoned 13%'ish crit w' about 9-10% haste). Hit that was over cap is now well below. Heroics are lvl 82 so only 6% hit req but naxx needs 17%. Given how dps stat hungry destro is I'd have to say that isn't a winner till at least the end of naxx.

Seems like we do the BC thing of fall back to affliction first or maybe a demo lock. Death's Embrace + Soul Siphon should be pretty stout dps that doesn't rely on crit. Demo will be far less but will have the most crit and dmg from skill points. The buff should be nice in naxx10 w no ele shammy.

17% less 3% for suppression/cata, 3% shadowpriest, 1% exodar crowd, so that leaves us needing 10 or 11% hit (not sure if drae and SP stack in 3.0.x)

I think much of the theorycrafting was counting on us having higher crit/haste/hit %'s at 80 from the high end 70 gear.

OH, anyone else notice they haven't spawned the lvl 80 arena and honor vendor yet or am I just that out of it?
    Welcome to World Of Warcraft, enjoy your never-ending grind!

and now you play the waiting game.... :P

Awww, screw the waiting game! Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos.

-Grumpbeard (or maybe Homer?)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpbeard
    Awww, screw the waiting game! Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos.

-Grumpbeard (or maybe Homer?)
    LF1M, any class for HHH, pst. ;D

I am in the same boat as yourself at the moment. I did a bit of re-search on specs, talents rep items and quests etc. I suggest you do the same then you will notice there is a hell of a lot of work to do before you can site there and do nothing

Don't forget your professions either

Professions, achievements, exploring, alts, death knight and finding those unique items that are hard to drop.

To be honest, I think it's a very stupid way of playing the game, throwing away the biggest part of the expansion. So good luck with your problem.

Thanks all for the replies...didn't mean now what do I do per se but I suppose clarity and sleep deprivation don't go together so my apologies. I meant in prep for naxx and heroic raiding. Since Im as yet clueless to the dailies and there are so many things that require so much gold I'll prolly grind out the quests I missed on the way up. As a tailor/enchanter I've been turning all those quest rewards into enchanting mats. Plateau'd at about 420's enchanting for now. Not in any huge rush. Gear will be getting upgrades so fast and high end mats hard to come by so not in a huge rush.

So I specc'd 0/56/15 for the demo pact buff and a "oh ****" cooldown. Couple things I learned: even in demo form you wont live through more than a couple hits from anything in a heroic, pact stays up nearly all the time w' 25%'ish crit (me not pet), hit IS a problem past heroics but is fine for heroics. Oh, and if you really really need to have pact up as a demonologist use an imp and empowerment. Overall the dmg scaling from stat buffs is pretty impressive. I was seeing my self buffed dmg around 1850 and over 1900's 5 man buffed. DPS was 2K'ish single target while moving/learning fights/etc, which w' a prot warrior, a feral druid, a coh priest, and one arms warrior I guess I can't complain about. Spell dmg scaling seems to kinda suck though as I didn't see a huge dmg boost from pact. It was actually a bit odd as I couldn't refresh dots before a silence/interupt/etc due to the "a more powerful spell....". Normally I'm not one for clipping dots but there are alot of silence/interupt/cant cast gotta do something else mechanics going on it seems. Having 18K plus HP w' 25% dmg mitigation was nice though. You live through alot but its a wipe by the time your dead so I don't know if its really a bonus.

To be clearer I'm looking at the better option for spec to make the heroics and naxx 10 go quick. W' the percentage stat drop I just can't see destro cutting it. That leaves us w' affliction and demo. Hit actually isn't too big a problem. Did some heroic runs w' some close friends (some realm 1st or near to it 80's) through a few heroics. Got rep (human) to honored w' the major vendors and look at that....ALL the blue honored level items have spell hit. Most of the 5/10 man badge gear is hit oriented as well w' haste/crit coming in later on the 25 man badge gear. I crunched some numbers and w' the honored level gear a couple badge items, and 3/3 supression/cata we can hit cap for naxx.

The writing is on the wall for affliction early on it seems. That and our healer (COH priest) had her MP5 drop to 1/3 or 1/2 of what it was so she is about ready to hump my felpup for its aura when I pulled him out for a fight that was melee pet unfriendly.

This evening I"ll go 56/0/15'ish and see how it goes. Melee still has a huge advantage on burst but we as casters seem to be able to catch up somewhat now since fights are longer than they were at 70 post 3.0.x. Most trash pulls are 3 pulls for some reason so just too many to dot but not enough for our AOE to /flex...

15+ Year Old Account

If it's not heroic, Corruption/Elements everything and rain of fire. Stuff dies too fast otherwise for a 56/0/15 build.

Basically, until you start running Naxx, rep grind and honor farm. Don't spend it until Season 5 starts (Dec 16) however.

R.I.P. YARG

Burst DPS is by far the best for heroics, spec destro if you plan on doing a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by DurpaDurpa
    How can anyone enjoy a game by just power leveling through it.
    That is what alts are for

You can always take up an addictive hobby like amphetamines..

I'll take my time and do the slow exploring leveling on my DK alt in a month or so when the zones are not zoo's. For now he can hold a name slot and that's it.

Rep grinding is so much easier w' the new tabard system. After doing a full sweep of heroics now I can say blizz did some work on it. While alot of the quests felt like reruns of earlier ones the new 5 man dungeons were a nice change.

We got some nice RNG for our tank so he's in mostly 80 gear now which helps immensely (being non crittable, etc). Specc'd 56/0/15 and the spec has alot more options dps wise than I thought. First off...pet on passive as everything gibs it. You wont miss the 90 to 130 dps he does. The shadowbolts were hitting like the 0/21/40 spambolts of 2.4 swp. Didn't see that one coming! However, w' a low crit rate (15%'ish) you don't see alot of them. Burst dps is low IF you dot but if you haunt/corr/sb spam or just corr (to proc all sorts of things) and sb spam you can keep up on trash that isn't aoe. Single target boss dps was MUCH higher than 0/56/15....like 25% higher. Non gimmick fights where I could stand still I was seeing 2500+ consistently. Recount says SB about 25% of it, Corr 25% of it, then divy up the dots for the rest. Drain soul is hard to time on trash but works great on bosses....dot up, trinket, DS down....6-7K ticks really help when the healer is dead/oom and its pucker time. The downside of the build is it is freakin squishy but somewhat self sufficient healing wise between haunt, SL, DL, 2x T6, and fel armor. As far as AOE goes rain of fire is so much more convenient/easy to use than seed but both are effective.

I thought about destro but w' a base/untalented/stoned crit of 14% and 9%'ish haste I don't see it keeping up and atm I'm all about buffs for the group. You'd see +8% crit from skills which would help but I still recall the old thresholds for destro finally pulling ahead. While they are surely different now the same mechanic is in place. Even w' many things changed I still feel there is a minimum stat threshold to spec effectively. Plus mana is now an issue. Healers are not infinite mana gods so they do go OoM and can only pot once (2x if a night elf). That combined w' the increased dmg people take and you have less options to get refilled after tapping or at least it takes longer. Being 100% self sufficient means the healers like you so much more. Also they can spot when you are in trouble faster. I'd give destro a look at the end of naxx 10. Also of note the crit buffs a full raid brings would really help destro but we shall see. Hopefully naxx 10 can start by the end of the weekend.