Deleted

Some advice for discipline priest

Hey guys,

I am discipline specced priest for pve, and I've been thinking about what glyph I should put in my last glyph slot at lvl 80.

Right now I have glyph of flash heal and glyph of power word: shield.

There are two glyphs that caught my eye, glyph of renew and glyph of holy nova. I have read a topic on these forums that glyphed holy nova provides more hps and can be more manaefficient then prayer of healing.

But then again glyph of renew might prove to be more situationally usefull, i'm thinking Loatheb here where you only have a few seconds to heal your party to full.

Also about my spec, I have been playing around with improved inner fire and IDS, and i think by putting one point in IDS and maxing improved inner fire i might end with more spellpower, it would be fun to max out both but i still would like to have inspiration in the holy tree and painsurpression + aspiration.

My spec would look like this http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=000000000000

My question is this, is it wrong to ditch silent resolve to get inner fire? and which glyph should I use? glyph of renew or glyph of holy nova?

Thanks in advance,

Iebe

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Some advice for discipline priest

1. Silent resolve is mainly a pvp talent now for the dispell chance. With the huge aggro tanks generate now you should never get healing aggro anyway. So I'd go for imp. inner fire. More spellpower is always nice.

2. Glyph of renew doesn't change the amount healed (by much, +5% I think). I personally would go for the glyph of dispell, 6% health is always nice. I could see using the holy nova glyph though I use it more to bomb trash than to heal my party.

3. The spellpower provided by imp. divine spirit gets overwritten by the shamans +spellpower totem, so no use skilling it unless for soloing and/or 5mans where no shaman is present.

You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    1. Silent resolve is mainly a pvp talent now for the dispell chance. With the huge aggro tanks generate now you should never get healing aggro anyway. So I'd go for imp. inner fire. More spellpower is always nice.

2. Glyph of renew doesn't change the amount healed (by much, +5% I think). I personally would go for the glyph of dispell, 6% health is always nice. I could see using the holy nova glyph though I use it more to bomb trash than to heal my party.

3. The spellpower provided by imp. divine spirit gets overwritten by the shamans +spellpower totem, so no use skilling it unless for soloing and/or 5mans where no shaman is present.

In my opinion, i think glyph of dispel is situational, while glyph of holy nova is usefull always, maybe if i notice there are a lot of bosses in naxramas that puts a magical debuff on my party I will go for the dispell glyph, but to start off i'll try my hand at glyph of holy nova.

Thanks for the help

Also maybe just one minor question, on Loatheb, when you have the no healing debuff, does glyphed power word:shield still heal the absorbed amount even when having the debuff? I am aware you can still cast shields, which will be very usefull.

You should most certainly drop that one point in imp spirit for desp prayer.. it will save your life many times down the road.
    Once a drunken pirate, alwaysh a drunken pirate... Hic!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iebe
    In my opinion, i think glyph of dispel is situational, while glyph of holy nova is usefull always, maybe if i notice there are a lot of bosses in naxramas that puts a magical debuff on my party I will go for the dispell glyph, but to start off i'll try my hand at glyph of holy nova.

Thanks for the help

Also maybe just one minor question, on Loatheb, when you have the no healing debuff, does glyphed power word:shield still heal the absorbed amount even when having the debuff? I am aware you can still cast shields, which will be very usefull.
    As I said, glyph of dispell or glyph of holy nova is pretty much personal preference. I like AOE "farming" with holy nova, and bombing non-elites in instances. For grouphealing I use inner focus if ready + prayer of something (forgot the english name there for the 3 seconds groupheal ).

Also if you got a no healing debuff I don't think the shield glyph will heal you, seeing as it is a normal heal that can crit and proc stuff that procs on crits. Also in PVP you get -50% on the heal if you have a mortal strke on.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!