Death Knight AoE Macro...

Will this macro work (in particular the corpse explosion bit)?

/CASTSEQUENCE RESET=TARGET/12 ICY TOUCH, PLAGUE STRIKE, PESTILENCE, BLOOD BOIL, DEATH STRIKE
    /CAST [TARGET=RANDOM,DEAD] CORPSE EXPLOSION
    /CAST RUNE STRIKE

Cheers,
    -H-

Re: Death Knight AoE Macro...

First : macro are written in lower case. Capital case doesn't make them stronger...

Second : only one GCD can be triggered by a macro. I count 3 in yours. Remove the last 2 casts and it'll be fine.

Third : No you cannot make a macro that does everything with 1 button. I assume you have 10 fingers and a brain, use them, all of them.

Ignore Ektoplasme for a sec,
    The cast sequence works, but i wouldnt use it, if IT of PS is dodged or parryed your screwed
    The corpse explostion wont work because its on the GCD, and IT/PS/BB/DS will be used first, putting you in the GCD.
    Rune Strike WILL work because its on the next hit, and as such NOT on the GCD

Personally i use a 4 macros as frost tanking
    /cast IT
    /cast RS

/cast PS
    /cast RS

/castsequence reset=target/10 Pestilance, Blood Boil
    /cast Rune Strike

/castsequence reset-target/10 Howling Blast, Obliterate
    /cast RS

First : macro are written in lower case. Capital case doesn't make them stronger...
    LoL good one

Second : only one GCD can be triggered by a macro. I count 3 in yours. Remove the last 2 casts and it'll be fine.
    Forgot about the shared cooldown for a moment, my bad.

Third : No you cannot make a macro that does everything with 1 button. I assume you have 10 fingers and a brain, use them, all of them.
    I’m used to playing disc priest, they have about 30 abilities that you use during any given combat situation (many of them are situational). If you don’t use macros to make your life as easy as possible with that then its your lose.

Anyway, this will prob work then:
    /cast corpse explosion
    /castsequence reset=target/12 icy touch, plague strike, pestilence, blood boil, death strike
    /cast rune strike

Ps. I’ll be using Death Rune Mastery, Reaping, Dirge, Glyph of Icy Touch & Glyph of Corpse Explosion so the rune & rune power cost of Corpse Explosion & Rune Strike shouldn’t be that much of a prob.

Peace