Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: New shapeshift skins

You know, I put off making a druid for the longest time just because of the skins they used. I used to love polymorphing classes. I played an Adventurer class in Anarchy Online. Now don't get me wrong, the game… well… it wasn't for everyone. I liked it for the time I played… but the Adventurer class morphs made the game FUN. The two headed wolf morph was the first one you got to and, although cool in its own right, it wasn't until the Sabercat that I really fell for the class. It just…. felt like you were playing a big mean jungle cat. You didn't sit on your haunches… you lounged while your tail curled and flipped about. Everything felt like you were a heavy weight face ripper, from the way you moved so fluidely and effortlessly looking to your idle animations. And then, the final morph being the gigantic "Pit Lizard", which for those who haven't played AO look at the "Protodragon" and you just about have it.

This is what I'd like to see in warcraft as the years go on:
    * Change to the druid's skins as they level. Start as they are, but end up with something remarkably epic looking. Kinda like how the wolves in northrend just look more wild and vicious than a timber wolf.
    * Change the way the cat form moves to something more befitting a large face ripping cat. Give it personality, sure, but cats make the most acrobatic moves look simple and effortless.
    * Many different styles we can change between for our "theme"
    * Normal Bear/cat/tree/kin - similar to what they are in game + the epic feel for higher level forms.
    * Arctic Bear/Cat/Tree/Kin - Polar Bear/Winter Lynx/ Snow-covered tree/ White Moonkins
    * Plagued Bear/Cat/Tree/Kin - Plagued Bear/Plagued lynx/ Felwood tree/ Corrupted Moonkin
    * Armoured Bears/Cats - they already have the means in game to make them, even if they were just a set color based on what color bear/cat.
    * Other forms
    * Keeper of the Grove - Keeps upper half, but changes lowerhalf to become that of a Centaur/Magnataur (NE/Tauren). (replace moonkin maybe)
    * ProtoDrake - Turns into a Protodrake. Feral 61 point talent maybe. Boosts Feral Damage and adds a fire ranged attack.
    * Tree of Ages - Upgrade from Tree of Life. Looks like the ancient trees wandering around (instead of the little sapplings)

It probably won't happen, but it sure would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Knighjen
    ^ warstomp is a joke imo!!!!!! 70 NE druid here, and tried a tauren druid, is deff. a joke compared to shadowmeld
    War Stomp can be game-changing when used in Warsong Gulch. I love it.

Personally I would like to see something slightly different introduced as far as bear druids go. What I would like to see is symbols, or runes or tattoos; what ever you want to call them.

Make a rune that appears on the body for each ilevel of gear (would actually be fairly simple) in a different spot for each piece of gear. Wearing the naxx epic crafted FrR gear would have you sporting 3-4 bright blue frost runes on your body. Personally I think this idea would be easy to implement and interesting enough to keep my entertained with my bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Adocul
    Different colored skins according to certain Tier gear?
    Awesome Idea? YES!
    Have both, for example, Tier 7 and Tier 8? Give them spots or stripes!
    Any other kickass ideas?
    Racing stripes when dash is activated?

Quote Originally Posted by wasteomana
    Personally I would like to see something slightly different introduced as far as bear druids go. What I would like to see is symbols, or runes or tattoos; what ever you want to call them.

Make a rune that appears on the body for each ilevel of gear (would actually be fairly simple) in a different spot for each piece of gear. Wearing the naxx epic crafted FrR gear would have you sporting 3-4 bright blue frost runes on your body. Personally I think this idea would be easy to implement and interesting enough to keep my entertained with my bear.
    i agree, this same idea could be used for each form too, very easy.. i find myself less motivated to gear my druid and lvl him then my other classes, simply cause i don't look interesting.

and as to the shadowmeld vs warstomp debate.. warstomp can be great and usefull, but compared to restealthing it falls short. maybe if warstomp had a longer stun or was an instant cast it would be better, but compared to getting to stealth -> opener on someone? not. even. close.

15+ Year Old Account
    Logic is not Automatic, it can be denied.

Quote Originally Posted by Knighjen
    ^ warstomp is a joke imo!!!!!! 70 NE druid here, and tried a tauren druid, is deff. a joke compared to shadowmeld

oh an the skin thing isnt a huge concern for me, it'd be nice to have, but they said they are thinkin bout letting you be able to see some items while in forms which is a decent idea and better than nothing
    warstomp has kept me alive in many occasion vs rogues or warrs, were I need a chance to stop there dps to do Cyclone

i agree, its saved my ass plenty, but you dont think a vanish would be more useful in those instances? i mean seriously? even with bleeds i can vanish + CS on my rogue before the tick, that imo is much more useful, especially for a druid, you can stealth -> opener -> maim -> cyclone really fucken easily..

warstomp is about useless as a ferial druid sorry, but i wont drop my 25k armor to pick up a stun that dont last longer then my bear stun or my kitty finisher stun what would be the freaking point. yet any other class or even spec its an op skill for sadly.

any way onto the skins... heres my idea.

#1 yeah they shouldnt be minor glyphs sorry we got better ones to pick up as melee druids we have the most forms and we have the need for every glyph we can get...

#2 the idea of haveing it change as we level, get up, or haveing gear show is nice, but i dont like haveing a form forced on me because i did something good some where else, and as it was sad by a boomkin you change forms offten to hide that crappy piece of gear your ashamed of, we all have done it, go to meet a hott chick and you stay in form cuse your afraid she will see the big leafy green sholders from nagrand yah it sucked.

#3 my idea, you get a quest from your trainer (repeatable at any time) that takes your level into affect. you are given the task to gain the essences of your animalistic sides (or tree if you happen to be a leafer).

you would be sent to a specal druid only instance, it would have several optional creatures there, your alowed to capture 1 of each type of essence through battle with the creatures. at 25% or so they give up and give you their blessing and bam you now have their essence.

you then compleat the quest and these creatures forms take over your old ones. each trip to the quest would only require 1 essence to compleat it but wouldnt require you to repeat it to get each one so you could turn in all 7 (db, kitty, boomkin, tree, travel, auqa, and flight) forms esssences at once. the zone would just be like a remake of an existing zone (seems easy for them to do if you have compleated the dk or dragonblight quest lines you know they can remake an existing zone to have a lot of new content fairly easily). and just have diffrent area's dominated by diffrent animals. They could still keep the races apart by haveing slightly diffrent skin tones for both horde and alliance or even diffrent zones.

#4, DROP THE STUPID HORNS i love the mess with the bull you get the horns joke but a freaking cat never has and never will have horns!!!! nor do bears, or chickens no mattery how spacy they are.

#5 this would alow us to have our little you pick it skins/forms and still not drastickly affect the current game play, they could even cycle in only forms used by hunter pets (i know not a great idea but what the heck) which are all ready able to be viewed in all zones so that it wouldnt take nearly as much code. (this is to debunk any argument that x form isnt loaded into x zone due to it not existing in that zone or in the current make up of forms able to exist in all zones).

#6 not always haveing to kill the forms would be nice too, instead of killing the bird to get its form in flight, your race it. instead of killing the tree to get its form the resto simply has to use a feet of healing verses it (maybe a tank off you vs it it gets a tank you get a tank who ever's tank wins gets the win) and so forth. i like the idea of the cat haveing a den and you have to sneek past its underlings to fight it one on one. or simply track it down via somethings simular to the tracking of the current dread saber mastery pre quest.
    warriors get rust, pallys cant hear you in that bubble, death knights are screaming about voices, druids? were trying to get whats left of your face off our claws.

15+ Year Old Account

Tauren druids need 2 thigs....

new cat and bear form which look more like bears and cats like Nelfs do (you ever seen horned lion or bear coming out of forest?)
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.

Douglas Adams

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by miekkagoon
    Tauren druids need 2 thigs....

new cat and bear form which look more like bears and cats like Nelfs do (you ever seen horned lion or bear coming out of forest?)
    Ever seen a giant furry rat coming out of a forest either? That's what the Nelf bear form is like. Also Nelf catform used to look better once, I've got a very old screenshot of my first Nelf druid in catform and it did look different, maybe it was just the eyes, maybe a bit more.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Elfred
    I think making it Idol based might work even better...

WTB Polar Bear, Snow Leopard/White Tiger skin, and some sort of badass harry potter white owl moonkin skin...

Not sure what they could do for tree form... maybe some sort of evergreen tree? christmas style?
    Sakura tree all the way