Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Priest Glyphs, please help!

so for pve shadow/holy:
    what would be best major/minor glyphs to put in (playing holy til i get purpled for shadow(since grps are hard to find as shadow : /))

for pvp disc:
    inner fire(increased charges)/dispel (6% total hp back on dispel) i hear are the musts so far, but what are the others? please comment, don't want to get glyphs wrong the first time as they are too op on ah atm for my wallet :-\

Re: Priest Glyphs, please help!

nobody know?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=121119020305

are the glyphs im using for shadow. minor glyphs are really a preference as to what you like because none of them benefit much unless you shackle everything in sight.
    Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

thanks, the shadow glyphs look.....crappy.....is that really all we get for shadow glyphs?!

They will probably release more eventually, but 10% increase to mind flay is amazing and 10% spell power based off spirit is great too. Plus i dont have to be up in the boss's grill with glyph of mind flay
    Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

haha, so true, just wish we'd get some better minor glyphs (its what i meant as the crappy ones)

15+ Year Old Account

For PVP no matter what spec: Glyph of Dispell, Glyph of Powerword:Shield

For Disc I'd use Glyph of Renew with those 2.

Shadow PVE is pretty much fixed: Glyph of Shadow, Glyph of Shadowwordeath, Glyph of Shadowword:Pain.

Minor Glyphs: I roll with levitate, fortitude and shadow protection.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Shadow PVE is pretty much fixed: Glyph of Shadow, Glyph of Shadowwordeath, Glyph of Shadowword:Pain.
    Glyph of Mind Flay rather than SW.
    You need the range , and SW is not part of a PvE rotation anymore.

For minor, shadowfiend is the only really nice one in PvE, but Levitate have proven itself usefull before (Archimonde among others)

I am not exaggerating in the least when I say the Levitate glyph is one of the top 3 things I like the most about the expansion. I *never* used it before because of the Feather... now, while questing, I use it once every 5 minutes or so.

Quote Originally Posted by lsfreak
    I am not exaggerating in the least when I say the Levitate glyph is one of the top 3 things I like the most about the expansion. I *never* used it before because of the Feather... now, while questing, I use it once every 5 minutes or so.
    I was a little loath the buy the levitate glyph - the inscription guys I know don't have it and it was 50g on the A/H. That felt like such a rip off.
    But then I got to the end of my stack of feathers. 20 in 3 days I think.

50g - or go farming the barrens? Hmmm. Turns out the price has dropped to 30! Still one of the more expensive glyphs but walking on water or jumping off cliffs (or the flight tower at WS hold) it's just FTW really.

I paid 50g or so for it within the first 1-2 days after 3.0 - It's the most awesome glyph ever.

Also, you really really REALLY don't want to do Grobbulus without Mind Flay glyph, and Four Horsemen would be shit annoying as well.

These are what I'm going to use for Disc pvp.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?prie...h=130502030506

The renew is also an option, but it depends on who you're playing with. I play with a lock, so he'll use the extended healing time when he runs around dotting people.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    I paid 50g or so for it within the first 1-2 days after 3.0 - It's the most awesome glyph ever.

Also, you really really REALLY don't want to do Grobbulus without Mind Flay glyph, and Four Horsemen would be shit annoying as well.
    Yeah I bought the levitate glyph on patchday too for like 50 gold. It's just made of win.

Concerning the mind flay glyph: Yeah I imagine for raiding it is pretty much needed but the OP didn't write anything about raiding per se, only PVE/PVP... and for soloing and heroics the mind flay glyph isn't needed so much.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Yeah mindflay glyph is really needed... when you have no chance to pull aggro.

It's more about positioning, certain bosses require max range or that you spread out.

Kil'jaeden for instance was a nightmare before the glyph.

Yes it helps a lot !!
    I remember when we were doing Azgalor, I can't dps him because of the distance I had to keep, and so no mindflay :/... I ended dpsing demon adds

Huh? I could do that just fine.

Just spread out, and run away from the Rain of Fire.

Yeah, I could run... but I had fellow noobs that didn't seem to know how to run... hence we were at a 30m range (if I remeber well) so no fire rain in the range/healer groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    It's more about positioning, certain bosses require max range or that you spread out.

Kil'jaeden for instance was a nightmare before the glyph.
    i used MF glyph before LK shipped and dropped it for lvling... but it was fucking annoying in the first time :/ so first what i did when i reached lvl 80? ya right.. glyphed MF

I think I'll drop it too... since I have 15 MF glyph in my bag ;D