Poll: Do Death Knights suck in PvP?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: DK's in PvP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: DK's in PvP

Quote Originally Posted by icecold
    People at my work who also play wow have been laughing at me tellling me how awful dks are in pvp and how they face roll over them. Well in my opinion and from my time in beta and now on the live server they are one of the better pvp classes. I would like to see how people feel about this. Please also leave your class and level that you were fighting these death knights. I would love to see how people feel about this. I am running this pole for 90 days so lets here what the rest of you have to say.
    No way any class sucks in pvp :P

Quote Originally Posted by icecold
    Isn't the point of the class to be the best since it is a hero class?? What glyphs do you guys think is best for an unholy death knight at level 59? I have 2 major and 2 minor?
    Well I would answer your question if I could look at my dk's glyphs. But one i am at work waiting to go home and two the armory is down. Can you say lame. I know for a fact I have the one that gives you 20 runic power when you raise a ghoul and the extra charge to bone armor. As for the other two I am trying to remember. I think my other major glyph was the healing/damage increase to the two strike abilitys. Been trying to figure out the best spec for pvp/lvling on my dk since everyone seems to want to kill them all the time and I am on a pvp server. LoL. Well I will try the armory when i get home if it doesn't work and i remember I will log on him and repost the glyphs I have for sure.

Edit: Ok the glyphs I have on my 58 unholy dk are Major - Glyph of Death Strike and Glyph of Bone Shield, Minor -Glyph of Pestilence and Glyph of Raise Dead. I don't know other views on these but i found these to be the most dps giving items.
    Global warming in Azeroth is serious business. They have melted and seek to flood the world! The Ice Stone has melted!- Kisirani (Blizzard Epic Realm Error "Love is in the Air" Event 2009)

Dk's are very OP imo. They are very difficult for a rogue, or any melee, that's for sure. With icebound fort up they are almost invincible and yet they can still do more burst than me as a mutilate rogue?...i dont get this blizzard. I got hit by two runestrikes back to back the other day for 7.1k and 6.8k. 13.9k dmg in a matter of 2-3 seconds. During which time I did about 700 dmg to the DK since he had Icebound fort up. Stupid.

Deleted

I hingly doubt that in 2-3 secs becouse that massive ammounts dmg regruires 2h weapon, unless there we 2 dks

Deleted

Dunno why people laugh at blood in pvp. I guess they heard someone say it sucked and now everyone thinks its so???
    Blood is the only spec pretty much that can do great burst without any diseases up. Glypthed obliterate is amazing for blood and will crit for insane amounts with no diseases. I love to do icy chains, bloodtap, oblit oblit to catch and finish someone off. This is possible with frost also however blood got heartstrike which also does decent damage without diseases.
    UH is totally gimped without ebon plague etc up on the target.

Im a bit worried about ibf nerf since its a major asset to blood spec but i guess i will have to manage with the gimped one and rely more on mark of blood etc.

I think most of you posters in this thread are retards.

You look at a 1vs1 situation and if the DK win's, he is OP. If the DK loses he is still OP, but he must have done something wrong or spec'ed wrong.

You're not even considering gear/skill/luck or anything like that. Your comments are obviously full of bias

Quote Originally Posted by broods
    Dunno why people laugh at blood in pvp. I guess they heard someone say it sucked and now everyone thinks its so???
    Blood is the only spec pretty much that can do great burst without any diseases up. Glypthed obliterate is amazing for blood and will crit for insane amounts with no diseases. I love to do icy chains, bloodtap, oblit oblit to catch and finish someone off. This is possible with frost also however blood got heartstrike which also does decent damage without diseases.
    UH is totally gimped without ebon plague etc up on the target.

Im a bit worried about ibf nerf since its a major asset to blood spec but i guess i will have to manage with the gimped one and rely more on mark of blood etc.
    Well to tell ya the truth blood isnt a bad spec for 1v1 but once you start getting multiple people I found frost and unholy to work much better. I dueled my dk friend who was blood and she also was 3 levels higher than I was. I beat her 3 of 5 fights. Now you may think well he is just a better pvper. Well being that I haven't touched my dk in pvp since I made him a few days after release due to everyone on my server making one and crashing the area. I got him to level 58 and let him sit mostly deciding if I wanted to level or pvp at 59. So she had been playing a dk straight for about 3 or 4 days and I hadn't touched one in weeks. So imo all the spec's have thier +'s and -'s. Its all based off your play style. People also told me that leveling a huntermarksmen wasn't the way to level. But I did and I maintained one the top dpses through bc. But I think its stupid to rule out one spec over another for pvp. I personally see all spec's of all the classes to be viable one place or another for pvp. I have watched combat sword spec rogues tear apart people in pvp just because they knew how to play the character and mutliate rogues get pwned.
    Global warming in Azeroth is serious business. They have melted and seek to flood the world! The Ice Stone has melted!- Kisirani (Blizzard Epic Realm Error "Love is in the Air" Event 2009)

15+ Year Old Account

DEATH SHITE PEW PEW WHO WHO?

Rim running scared.

Quote Originally Posted by GladRogue
    Dk's are very OP imo. They are very difficult for a rogue, or any melee, that's for sure. With icebound fort up they are almost invincible and yet they can still do more burst than me as a mutilate rogue?...i dont get this blizzard. I got hit by two runestrikes back to back the other day for 7.1k and 6.8k. 13.9k dmg in a matter of 2-3 seconds. During which time I did about 700 dmg to the DK since he had Icebound fort up. Stupid.
    Lets see here...Rune Strike (assuming its macrod in) activates on the next melee swing. That being the case the DK would have to dodge or parry an attack and swing (unlikely it was just before the swing but lets assume it was) so we will call that t = 0. Most DK's wield 2Hers which are usually around a 3.4 s swing timer so the next RS would be at least 3 seconds (assuming a little haste in there) after the fist. In all likelihood you would be getting two CRIT RS's in 3-4 seconds. This is all aside from the fact that you are just plain bad for not seeing IBF go up and not blinding or some other kite method. Rogues can easily take a DK from 100% to 30% before they ever leave stun if they get the opener, but (as is the case most of the time) if the rogue is caught out of stealth they have to work to regain the advantage.

Bubonicbeef- 80 Death Knight
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gurubashi&n=Bubonicbeef

Saphÿre- 80 priest
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gurubashi&n=Saph%C3%BFre

Beefstyx- 80 Shaman
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gurubashi&n=Beefstyx

Huggybare- 72 Druid
    US-Gurubashi

As a pally (and probably not the best player around ) I don't think DKs are very OP. With all my CDs ready, I usually manage to kill them, (which is of course the case in most 1 on 1 situations as DS is quite helpful ; ).
    But most of the time the fucking ghoul rapes me afterwards

But they eat a decent amount of dmg and also deal quite a lot, so I would definitly not say, that they suck in PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Rim
    DEATH SHITE PEW PEW WHO WHO?

Rim running scared.
    This made me LoL IRL

Dk's dont suck in pvp, I have an 80 unholy dk, and it definately doesnt feel gimped, alot of it is knowing what cd's to blow on which class, but then again dk's arent running around critting ppl for 10k. Healers seem to be an issue for me though especially holy palies. it seems like dk's would have enough tools to deal with them but its tough when ppl can instant heal to full health, any1 else seems to be fair game, frost mages with the million frost novas are another pain, but thats just my opinions on DK pvp atm.

Erm... Is this a serious question? Behind paladin, deathknights are the most represented and most successful class in the arena right now. Look at the top 100 teams on SKGaming and then ask if deathknights are underpowered.

It is a fairly old thread.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

Oh, guess I missed the necromancy going around.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallos
    Erm... Is this a serious question? Behind paladin, deathknights are the most represented and most successful class in the arena right now. Look at the top 100 teams on SKGaming and then ask if deathknights are underpowered.
    Next time you want to flame a thread read when it was posted scrub.