Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Node stealing...

Well not really "stealing" but let me tell you...

My wife plays the game. She is a miner. She gets frustrated when people (WHILE she is mining) come up and takes/steal the node.

She says it almost happens "instantly" after she pockets the ore. Are they "spamming" the mine key or is there another trick?

The only suggestion I have had for her is to not to loot. Keep the loot box open and wait for "asshat" to leave. Of course that bites into her playtime.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Re: Node stealing...

As a proud node thief myself, that is about the only way to stonewall someone off it. The only other thing I try to do is ninja invite them to a group and they often times accept it. Then I can BoP (I guess its Hand of Protection now) them off the vein and take it anyways. However, even this doesnt work if they already have the loot window open.

When the tables are turned, and some jabroni is trying to move in on my find, I usually will keep the loot window open for a sec and either send them a group invite or a whisper. Then you can wait a spit second and start mining again while they are busy either accepting/declining the invitation or replying to your whisper.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtim81
    As a proud node thief myself, that is about the only way to stonewall someone off it. The only other thing I try to do is ninja invite them to a group and they often times accept it. Then I can BoP (I guess its Hand of Protection now) them off the vein and take it anyways. However, even this doesnt work if they already have the loot window open.

When the tables are turned, and some jabroni is trying to move in on my find, I usually will keep the loot window open for a sec and either send them a group invite or a whisper. Then you can wait a spit second and start mining again while they are busy either accepting/declining the invitation or replying to your whisper.

Hope this helps.
    I appreciate your... honesty. I was more concerned about a mod/hack out there. So I can contribute the timing down to the pause between looting and them spamming the mine key.

Thanks for your assistance.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Hope this helps.

1st of all node stealing from someone of your faction is FORBIDDEN. On my server it will get you black listed from raids. This is how it should be!.
    I'll node steal from an ALLY any day because 1/2 of the sob's attempt to do it to me, but I never steal from a horde.

You have to really be a pathetic soul to attempt to steal from your own kind and it happens. It's happened to me and I make the rest of their day a living hell.

As a proud node theif myself, that is about the only way to stonewall someone off it. The only other thing I try to do is ninja invite them to a group and they often times accept it. Then I can BoP (I guess its Hand of Protection now) them off the vein and take it anyways. However, even this doesnt work if they already have the loot window open.

Hope this helps.
    rofl, you sir are pure evil in the best possible way.. stealing veins from fellow faction members? i do it to alliance on my undead because thats the game i play, but to your brethren!! people like you make the game interesting, your truly a character! your a pally to, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Aknot
    I appreciate your... honesty. I was more concerned about a mod/hack out there. So I can contribute the timing down to the pause between looting and them spamming the mine key.

Thanks for your assistance.
    Nope no hack. just mining spam and lag.

Quote Originally Posted by lalartu
    rofl, you sir are pure evil in the best possible way.. stealing veins from fellow faction members? i do it to alliance on my undead because thats the game i play, but to your brethren!! people like you make the game interesting, your truly a character! your a pally to, LOL.
    AMEN!

That's what I love in this game, the community.

(Did I inject enough sarcasm in it?)
    Served steaming hot, right out of the waffle grill. With just the right amount of STFU poured on top.

Wouldnt normally condone it but with Wotlks release everyone is tagging mobs and stealing mobs and viens and herbs, at the start i was like ok just ignore it but now i do it also because its everyman for himself or your sat waiting 30 mins for a stupid respawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Toiran
    Wouldnt normally condone it but with Wotlks release everyone is tagging mobs and stealing mobs and viens and herbs, at the start i was like ok just ignore it but now i do it also because its everyman for himself or your sat waiting 30 mins for a stupid respawn.
    Mobs are a bit more forgiving, but you should try to do group invites b4 u kill something u know others are waiting for.

I must say I will not node steal ever. Last night I'm STANDING!...on the node fighting the mob that agro'd and a warrior of my own faction comes up and mines it under my feet....needless to say I called him every name in the book.

Blizzard could stop this very easily by making the nodes tag to the first person to hit them, that way at least there is not stealing between mining/looting or doing what that SOB did to me.

Oh and I'm a warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Burner
    1st of all node stealing from someone of your faction is FORBIDDEN. On my server it will get you black listed from raids. This is how it should be!.
    I'll node steal from an ALLY any day because 1/2 of the sob's attempt to do it to me, but I never steal from a horde.

You have to really be a pathetic soul to attempt to steal from your own kind and it happens. It's happened to me and I make the rest of their day a living hell.
    1st of all, stealing from someone of your faction is definitely not FORBIDDEN. I play alliance, so I obvioulsy dont like them. I play/raid with a big group of irl friends. So if I jack a mine from some skunk MS warrior who might not want to come "dps" in a group with me someday...you can maybe understand how I can still sleep at night.

"Oh no! I'm "Blacklisted" from getting in vent with a bunch of nerds playing swords with their epeens". What a night-ruiner that would be :P

1st of all, stealing from someone of your faction is definitely not FORBIDDEN. I play alliance, so I obvioulsy dont like them. I play/raid with a big group of irl friends. So if I jack a mine from some skunk MS warrior who might not want to come "dps" in a group with me someday...you can maybe understand how I can still sleep at night.

"Oh no! I'm "Blacklisted" from getting in vent with a bunch of nerds playing swords with their epeens". What a night-ruiner that would be :P
    l2p with others

Your an an obvious child who has and will never get anywhere in WoW. Respect for other players is all part of the game and if you dont have that, you will be left out.
    Your irl friends cant possibly fill up a 25 or 40 man raid and if you piss enough of the skilled players off you'll be stuck with the unwanted.

comments like
    "Oh no! I'm "Blacklisted" from getting in vent with a bunch of nerds playing swords with their epeens". What a night-ruiner that would be :P"
    show you are not a skilled player and probably never raided or got out of BG gear in your life.

Had a warlock following me around picking up quest items after I aggro'd mobs. She would grab the item and wait for me to attack the next mob, and grab that item, etc. Needless to say after four ninja'd quest items I was pissed so I swap into full tank gear to lower my dps and get a nice big pull. I take my sweet time letting seal of light proc and keep me up until the lock gets bored (non-pallies are pretty afraid of running through that many mobs even if I have aggro on all of them) and throws a dot. Bubble, GG, vengeance is sweet.

Oh the tells I got for that one.

The only nodes I on steal are Titanium and the only nodes worth steeling. I have so much other metal that I even usually pass some mines if its not on my flying circuit of Basin. If I do see a horde at any mine, I will try and steal it for fun. But for allys I let them have it and then sometimes if I see a level 72 or such I will give them the last whack to level up skills

Your an an obvious child who has and will never get anywhere in WoW. Respect for other players is all part of the game and if you dont have that, you will be left out.
    Your irl friends cant possibly fill up a 25 or 40 man raid and if you piss enough of the skilled players off you'll be stuck with the unwanted.

comments likeshow you are not a skilled player and probably never raided or got out of BG gear in your life.
    Lol...You are totally missing the point of how I dont care. Saying stuff like, "Your an an obvious child who has and will never get anywhere in WoW" is awesome (I like how you double up on the "an"s, btw...sometimes one just isn't enough). I mean, honestly, who cares if you never get anywhere in wow...lol? Its a game...you play it how you want, and I'll play my way.

And yeah, my irl friends dont fill up a 25 man raid, but believe it or not, there are other people out of the 11 million players that subscribe to this game that also find funny things funny. Somehow, with 11 million subscribers, I've still been able to find people to group with.

I get the message you're trying to get across...be nice to others...blah, blah, blah. I like where your head is at, but next time, maybe you can give the speech at your next Darkon convention where people might actually want to hear what you have to say. Good luck in your goal to get somewhere in wow!

To the OP it might help if she doesn't know already that by shift clicking on a mine you will auto loot whatever is in the mine. Then instead of having to go from the loot window to the mine you can just shift click again right as the mine is closing.

Back when my warlock was a miner I could pull full mines with someone standing there trying to get in on it. The best part was that we would both be mining, but I would always beat the other guy to the trade window so he was ending up with a "This item is already in use" or some other such error. Made my day.

Lol...You are totally missing the point of how I dont care. Saying stuff like, "Your an an obvious child who has and will never get anywhere in WoW" is awesome (I like how you double up on the "an"s, btw...sometimes one just isn't enough). I mean, honestly, who cares if you never get anywhere in wow...lol? Its a game...you play it how you want, and I'll play my way.

And yeah, my irl friends dont fill up a 25 man raid, but believe it or not, there are other people out of the 11 million players that subscribe to this game that also find funny things funny. Somehow, with 11 million subscribers, I've still been able to find people to group with.

I get the message you're trying to get across...be nice to others...blah, blah, blah. I like where your head is at, but next time, maybe you can give the speech at your next Darkon convention where people might actually want to hear what you have to say. Good luck in your goal to get somewhere in wow!
    No, the point is, how is shit like that funny? You're an asshole in wow, then most likely you're an asshole irl. Hopefully one day it'll catch up with you

Mobs are a bit more forgiving, but you should try to do group invites b4 u kill something u know others are waiting for.
    ppl just are so selfish they usualy wont... I always try and if they cant take it i hope they invite me. Or i kill the mob no mater have they waited 3h or not. If they so selfish they dont wana party cos they could get 50% more XP from one kill then they shall wait.