how to set max camera distance?

I use to have this macro that would set my max camera distance to an extreme length

it was something like

/console maxcameradistance factor 4

or something

but now that macro doesnt work, i can only zoom my camera out to the normal distance does anyone know how to adjust it to the extreme length again?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: how to set max camera distance?

you can change it in the interface menu

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Type:

/console SetCVar("cameraDistanceMax", 25)

Change sliderin video option to some low value, and then to max. Now you can move camera to max distance!

I had an addon that could make me zoom WAYYY out. So out it made the screen bug sometime

the interface menu doesnt get it out near as far as it should go

ill try what you said drauer

just wanted to say that my mouse wheel got unbound when i was setting up my mods so that is why teh macro appeared to be not working....

so this is still the correct macro for camera distance

/console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 4

sorry about any confusion

Deleted

/script SetCVar("cameraDistanceMax",30)

30 is just an example, can go further

http://www.wowwiki.com/Console_variables for more info

Fatherohealy

As I understand it there was a change to the camera for wotlk where the max distance is 50 yards regardless if you get a script or add on that tries to increase it further 50 yards is max.

I sometimes see videos of guilds doing Sarth+3 with the camera out so far that they can see all 3 flame waves. I try to zoom that far using these scripts but cannot. Does anyone know how this is done now?
    As the above poster says it seems to be capped at 50.
    http://insilicoguild.org/
    A community for everything WoW, including a forum, gallery, arcade and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Drauer
    Type:

/console SetCVar("cameraDistanceMax", 25)

Change sliderin video option to some low value, and then to max. Now you can move camera to max distance!

Gawd, thanks for that.

Had mine set to 75, but it got reset when I installed WotLK. Really want the 75 or even 50 back.
    The max range in the interface options really really suck.

As mentioned above /console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 4 will let you zoom out far enough on Sarth to see both sides for the waves. Thought I'd repeat it since people are still asking
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

There are two variables governing the camera distance, cameraDistanceMax and cameraDistanceMaxFactor. You multiply the value of these two variables together to get the maximum camera distance.

Before Wrath, ..Max was 15 and ..MaxFactor could be set to 3.33333, making the total about 50 yards.

Now, ..Max can be set to 30 and ..MaxFactor can be set to 3, making the total about 90 yards.

The camera distance slider in Video options adjusts the MaxFactor variable, but only for values between 1 and 2

Camera changes

The console script was disabled long ago.

If you have changed the default key bindings check Mouse Wheel UP and Down

/console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 4 makes you zoom out further than /console SetCVar("cameraDistanceMax", 25). I was using the /console SetCVar("cameraDistanceMax", 25) one and my camera wasn't going anywhere and then I tried out /console CameraDistanceMaxFactor and it make a world of difference.
    Hi Sephurik

I use the code "console SetCVar" as well, and after game, I really prefer to add photo filter to the game screenshot, just to make them look better and cooler.