leveling to 80 question

well i have herd alot about firefrost bolt being really good, and some say its better than going full ice till 80.
    i still am kind of new to mages. so going to 75 i herd frost is best, but what about 75-80.
    please let me know what u experienced players think, and feel free to post your builds
    thanks alot,
    supersizeme

Re: leveling to 80 question

Why do you think one spec will be good for 5 lvls then it automatically changes...
    Its really not gonna make a diff, just stick with frost the whole way imo.

yah thats what i was thinking, can anyone share a good frost spec with me please. i dont have much experience with frost, but since bliz is alot better can u aoe alot easier now?

Quote Originally Posted by SupersizeMe
    yah thats what i was thinking, can anyone share a good frost spec with me please. i dont have much experience with frost, but since bliz is alot better can u aoe alot easier now?
    Trial and error.
    Best way to learn. Just make up a spec in the talent calculator and see how stuff works. Try it, and step by step you'll see the benefits or downsides of certain builds, talents, combo's, rotations etc.

Don't be slack Asking for premade builds is lazy imo.
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

15+ Year Old Account

For leveling, Frost is simply the best. At level 75 you'll have Ice Barrier that will absorb 2800 damage, which is great. A FFB spec won't have Ice Barrier, neither will it have Water Elemental which is great for soloing elites. Sure you'll do more damage with Frostfire Bolt, but it does cost you .5 seconds more every cast. With my Mage, my Shatter combo hits for 6700 damage, and that's in level 70 PVP gear. With level 70 PVE gear I can do Shatter combo's of 7500 damage.

Be sure to spec into Elemental Precision and Frost Channeling, because you'll have serious mana issues until you get your new mana gem at level 77. Spells cost a hell of a lot; Blizzard at level 77 costs 2100 mana, Cone of Cold around 750 and Frostbolt around 390. Because you don't crit that much anymore, you'll need about 5 Frostbolts to kill your target, which is a little less than 2000 mana. When you AOE, be sure to get a lot of mobs, because with 1000 spellpower Blizzard crits for 1150.
    Statix will suffice.

sweet, atm im 72 what do u guys think of this spec
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=oZf0cZAIcIccu0fdMfot

Deleted

If you are going for Frost, you better go all the way with it, in my opinion.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=oZZAccIsfuhfzgfsx
    Though one can argue wheter cooldown duration is better than mana restoration, I prefer shorter cooldowns, since mana never was an issue for me thusfar.

I'd take Shattered Barrier as well, instead of the WE. It's saved my life countless times. Also, it is great for when you're doing some AoE farming. When they get close and break the shield, you'll Frost Nova automatically, run away 10 yards and AoE again.
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Topcraft
    I'd take Shattered Barrier as well, instead of the WE. It's saved my life countless times. Also, it is great for when you're doing some AoE farming. When they get close and break the shield, you'll Frost Nova automatically, run away 10 yards and AoE again.
    True, though you don't want that to happen in a PvE environment when there are 2 CC'ed mobs around. I know, they should be kept away from the group, but sometimes you have to apply CC "last minute" and then you will break it with that talent