Lvl 80 Arcane/Fire PVP Spec - 60/11/0

Hey, I just woundering what you guys here think about this PvP build.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...h=000000000000

With Presence of Mind you get a instant Pyroblast as a good finnisher or something and with 5 point in Missile Barrage you will use arcane missile alot as it procs quite often while using Arcane Barrage.

I tought about maybe move the 5 point from ingnite to 2 point in Burning Dettermination and 3 points in World in Flames.

Please share your thoughts.

Edit: Sorry ,forgot to link the build :O

Re: Lvl 80 Arcane/Fire PVP Spec - 60/11/0

You never linked your build.

An instant AP/POM is the most powerful attack a mage has in the game. Personally I'd make sure I had all 5 points in ignite. You might only be using Pyro once every two minutes but you'll be using Fireblast a lot. Plus a full Pyro ignite really stings when you're critting an opponent for 7k damage.

a bit off topic, and more to the second post; try going frostfire spec, and spellsteal the buff from the undeads in the old kingdoms for more frost damage. it WILL lower your dps, because casting takes forever, but its freakin fun to crit ffb for 9.5k at lv 75, thats a pretty big owie!

also, to the op, thats not an arcane spec, might want to put some points in arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatchris
    a bit off topic, and more to the second post; try going frostfire spec, and spellsteal the buff from the undeads in the old kingdoms for more frost damage. it WILL lower your dps, because casting takes forever, but its freakin fun to crit ffb for 9.5k at lv 75, thats a pretty big owie!

also, to the op, thats not an arcane spec, might want to put some points in arcane.
    This is about pvp, allot of long casting spells isn't the best move in pvp as far as I know. Also he put 60 points in arcane, you want more in it?

To the build, I don't know really since I'm not a real pvp-er. Isn't Burning Determination really good for pvp? And Arcane Subtlety? Is the 30% less chance on spells being dispelled really good enough to take it while the other half of the talent (threat reduction) is really useless?

Also some other small things i would choose:
    - If you choose Mind Mastery I would also fill up Arcane mind to get me even more spellpower
    - Arcane shielding while not Incanters absorption? I thought this would be a good combo.
    - Netherwind Presence should prove more valuable in pvp than in pve?

As I said i'm not really into pvp so these are just assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Blikje
    This is about pvp, allot of long casting spells isn't the best move in pvp as far as I know. Also he put 60 points in arcane, you want more in it?
    how does one steal a 2 minute buff from a dungeon mob and use it properly in pvp?

edit: he originally posted a frostfire spec. so no, i wouldnt expect more than 60 points in arcane.....moron.

how does one steal a 2 minute buff from a dungeon mob and use it properly in pvp?

edit: he originally posted a frostfire spec. so no, i wouldnt expect more than 60 points in arcane.....moron.
    His title and introduction say it's about pvp, the last edit he did was 2 minutes before your post:
    « Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 01:59:41 PM »
    « Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 01:57:41 PM by Makt »
    20 minutes later i repied while you are very quick to post the above reaction. Why didn't you ask why the OP changed his topic or build or something? Which makes me wondering to whom the moron part is directed.

To OP: you suddenly changed allot of your posts or something?

No need for namecalling! I forgot to post the spec the first time but its added now.

Anyway, this spec is a pure pvp spec. You dont got mobs with that kind of spells to steal all around you so your idea isn't optimal. And Frostfire bold sucks in pvp, it have to long cast time to be effectiv. Maybe if you go full Frost you can freeze a target so hard that you be able to cast one or two FFBolts if your lucky but then again to get the good crits with FFbolt you have to spec more in Fire then Frost and you wont be able to freeze the oponent enough to have time to cast the FFbolts.

His title and introduction say it's about pvp, the last edit he did was 2 minutes before your post:
    « Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 01:59:41 PM »
    « Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 01:57:41 PM by Makt »
    20 minutes later i repied while you are very quick to post the above reaction. Why didn't you ask why the OP changed his topic or build or something? Which makes me wondering to whom the moron part is directed.

To OP: you suddenly changed allot of your posts or something?
    Nopp, added the build. Thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Makt
    Nopp, added the build. Thats all.
    Honest mistake.

Hope my nubbish remarks helped a little bit, please correct where wrong since i'd like to get into pvp a bit more as i'm not able to spend the time I used to to go full pve.

To the build, I don't know really since I'm not a real pvp-er. Isn't Burning Determination really good for pvp? And Arcane Subtlety? Is the 30% less chance on spells being dispelled really good enough to take it while the other half of the talent (threat reduction) is really useless?

Also some other small things i would choose:
    - If you choose Mind Mastery I would also fill up Arcane mind to get me even more spellpower
    - Arcane shielding while not Incanters absorption? I thought this would be a good combo.
    - Netherwind Presence should prove more valuable in pvp than in pve?

As I said i'm not really into pvp so these are just assumptions.
    Your idea about filling up the arcane mind is pretty good. But then i have to take point from some other place. Only place i could imagine right now is 3 points from spell inpact. Then Arcane mind would be filled up.

What do you think about that?

If you got ideas please expline how to make them reality becouse we only got 71 point to play with. If i could chose i would put points in all of them but then again we only got 71 point to play with :P To get something we need to lose something els. Its just the matter of how much juice we could press out of it!

this

pure pvp

no casting, only istant....if u get a CS on AM you are dead as arcane mage, no blink, no mirror image, no slow, no CS, nothing...so, why waste time channeling the missiles?

use mage armor against caster, a painful 140 resist vs all the magic school. molten against melee or hunter (improved molten, so u can proc impact)
    The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nthpower

this

pure pvp

no casting, only istant....if u get a CS on AM you are dead as arcane mage, no blink, no mirror image, no slow, no CS, nothing...so, why waste time channeling the missiles?

use mage armor against caster, a painful 140 resist vs all the magic school. molten against melee or hunter (improved molten, so u can proc impact)
    good build tho i dont agree usefulness of impact from Molten armor as only few sec stun
    ... id put those points to range increase or steal one random point and get frostbite
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.

Douglas Adams

impact now proc on all spells, and it is a 2 sec stun that cannot be dispelled...

what it better than an arcane barrage? an arcane barrage that can stun for 2 sec, ofc!
    The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

I've been playing with several builds that make use of full arcane spec, and I think one cool thing about our new trees has been overlooked. If you're speccing deep arcane for PvP then your game is mostly about instants. I agree it's very difficult to work in, with so many cool talents, but you should look into investing 3 points into Ice Floes maybe. I find that I still use cone of cold a lot, and the shorter cooldown on frost nova and ice block are nothing to sneeze at.

you have:
    -all necessary pvp talents in arcane
    -pom + pyro
    -since you will be rotating between abar and fb (and pom when its up), fire talents include shortened CD (ifb) and increased range (flame throwing)
    -impact is included, is a must now since it procs on all spells
    -points in frostbite to proc freeze on frost armor (given that you will be armor twisting in pvp)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Torrian

you have:
    -all necessary pvp talents in arcane
    -pom + pyro
    -since you will be rotating between abar and fb (and pom when its up), fire talents include shortened CD (ifb) and increased range (flame throwing)
    -impact is included, is a must now since it procs on all spells
    -points in frostbite to proc freeze on frost armor (given that you will be armor twisting in pvp)

agree 100%
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.

Douglas Adams