Thread: Fun in arenas

Fun in arenas

i play only pvp for around 1 year. i thought about changing role for pvp. what do u think...what is better fun? healer priest or shadow?

Re: Fun in arenas

discipline healing with a very offensive playstyle.

a what do u think? what combo is most funny in 2v2? disc priest and rogue, lock, hunter, warr?

Discpriest imo, like above said with an offensive playstyle.

One setup i always wanted to try out is discpriest / Mage. I would try that one if i was you, just seems so damn funny

lol i dont think its very usable combo. am i right?

Im guessing the classes that have a unlimited resorce will be top again so go for a rogue, warrior or death knight

ye. i dont prefer warr but maybe someone does. anyway u think DK will be good with priest?

Quote Originally Posted by Skubo
    ye. i dont prefer warr but maybe someone does. anyway u think DK will be good with priest?
    No, that's why he said it...

Quote Originally Posted by dionadar
    discipline healing with a very offensive playstyle.
    This. With a Rogue.

For 2v2 I feel Rogues are OP... steal is undervalued as far as I'm concerned as is their myriad of stuns... stuns result in a mass of damage mitigation and with Cloak of Shadows they can negate caster dps once the stuns run out.

I really don't see how casters are balanced against physical dps... physical dps get all sorts of snares, spell interrupts on top of the fact they are doing very high damage to low armor targets... sure casters ignore armor but it's not like their spells are tuned to do more dps than a physical dps class.

Now some casters/cloth classes have a fair bit of survivability but I still feel spriests are lacking... dispersion helps but not enough in my books (Don't get me wrong I love dispersion but i prefer it for pve in all honnesty).

I see rogue/healer being the top team... first strike, stuns, CoS, cheat death is too powerful.

End of season 4 mage/disc and in 3.0+ Ret/Disc were both better than rogue/disc (which was really only good if the rogue was wearing a ton of pve gear).
    Imo will be the same way at 80.

Prot Warrior, Holy Priest for 2v2's. People look at that and go "WTF?!" but no, seriously, not likely you'll ever have a combo more exciting, and half the match you'll be laughing your head off because the other teams won't have any idea what to do.

And before all the "burn the priest" remarks come up, Desperate Prayer and Guardian Spirit will laugh.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Aureact
    No, that's why he said it...
    Works VERY well with a DK (i played a ton of skirmishes and we won 90%) The peels of a DK are amazing and he can survive for way too long alone imo while you are drinking or sumin.

DK isnt best choice imo. they just dont have CC. that means there will be only long and boring games against dps/healer setups.

Quote Originally Posted by Skubo
    DK isnt best choice imo. they just dont have CC. that means there will be only long and boring games against dps/healer setups.
    And considering the fact that 100% of games are vs double dps... guess we dont have to worry

Btw instant games were always stupid-ish since 1 mistake=dead... in longer ones at least you have more chances to pull of those "OM*G HOW DID U DO THAT?" things

I went from Disc/rogue in S3 to Disc/mage in S4 and boy was it fun.
    The match started and noone knew what to do. Strats were not yet developed and the CC was decent because I was speced 40/0/21 for silence. with the loss of pain suppression came the power of silence.
    You have double silence, sheep and fear. one is bound to be trinketed and if your unlucky, WOTK.
    But like the others say, play offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Keelie
    This. With a Rogue.
    No, this ALWAYS.... a disc priest not playing offensive is like a VERY gimped pala/druid/sham

Its just like a paladin not using HoJ (fail) or druid not cycloning (FAIL) or even sham not earth schocking (fail)

Doing 2s with an Enhancement Shaman was the most fun I had, we only got to 2100 though.