... LastLast

High DPS Spec for a lock

What is a good spec for DPS for a lock?

Re: High DPS Spec for a lock

61/61/61

Just spam Roundhouse Kick

Oh wait, that's Chuck Norris.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling due to the following post:
    "Anyone else really loving the new Ghost Form Warlocks were given? You’re immune to all damage, can explore ANYWHERE uninterrupted, hear creepy music and the best part is, you can stay in that form for as long as you want. Cheesy

If you don’t know where to train “Ghost Form”, you can learn the ability for free from any melee class you encounter by clicking the “Release” confirmation window that pops up."

Seems to be generally accepted that at early LK raiding gear level, 56/0/15 Haunt is the highest single target warlock dps spec. It essentially sucks on trash (though that doesn't matter), but if you can pull the rotation off correctly (maximizing Dot uptime and filler nukes, keeping EA up, and not clipping Dots), it is definitely the best dps for now.

Towards the latter gear levels available in LK in the months to come, some sort of destruction spec will probably outscale the haunt spec.

Deleted

What the guy above me said, 3 mins earlier.

What would the talent tree look like for that?

I actually think the late game spec will once again be a shadowbolt spamming spec due to itemization 31/0/40 brings back the scaling of the old 0/21/40 destro spec and adds a hard hitting corruption amplifed CoA lets you keep a pet dps... the way shadowbolt scales with snf and its own normal coeeficient are going to make this build incredible in end game dps I think.

Affliction to stay competitive with this build would need all dots to scale with crit... and for better scaling with haste for dots/instant casts

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...h=031204000000
    Can't test right now cuz servers are down for maintenance but it seems like this would be the max dps 31/0/40 build. Succubus is the preferred pet but the Imp is viable in situations where the Succubus would have survivability issues. Rotation would be something like SB, SB, Corruption, CoA, SL, Immolate and then just SB and refreshing dots when needed.

15+ Year Old Account

All this discussion about amplified curse of agonies and "omg shadowbolt spam" is giving me chills.

56/0/15 is the highest dps, best scaling spec we have. Crit evaluates as a better stat for an affliction lock than it does for a destruction lock (more damage per point).

Shadowbolt spam is dead - we don't have misery buff (its hit now, not dmg), shadow weaving is shadow priest only, and ISB doesn't affect dots or the rest of the raid. If a warlock showed up in that spec I would not let them raid based on sheer laziness. 31/0/40 is a gimp build based on people who lack skill to manage a rotation or enjoyed watching TV while raiding. Not that theres anything wrong with the latter.

Hundreds of people rolled warlock because of "LOLSHADOWBOLT" at T5+ content and are subsequently miserable that they have to push 3+ buttons in a specific order.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Omnomnomz
    61/61/61

Just spam Roundhouse Kick

Oh wait, that's Chuck Norris.
    God pointless post, i think people use shit for brains alot. Back to answering the question, Affliction seems to be the way to go, but i hate affliction so i dont spec it, Get haunt and Demonic Aegis and you are g2g you dont even need good gear, ummm destruction is pretty good with backdaft.

Have to agree, shadow bolt spam is dead... and lets just thank blizz for that while we see the people with lack of brains dropping out of warlocks like flies... after 3.0.2 the amount of locks has fallen on my server

I'm loving it, "hundreds ppl rolled warlock because of T5+ content"
    Yer gotta get there first mate
    Its like saying thousands of ppl rolled hunters in BC because of WotLK buff
    Uh but i do miss the good old days, when locks were welcome in any raid...
    yeah yeah I"ll L2P
    lol

Consider this, if one went with the 31/0/40 build I posted it would involve the management of 4 dots and a pet instantly making it very different from sb spam of pre 3.0.

Also, I did not say that 31/0/40 is the max dps spec. Since erinthea didn't link a build I decided to whip one up rq based on what I thought would be the max dps configuration for a build with 31 points in affliction and 40 in destro.

I didn't bother to test it out and I'm not much of a number cruncher so I'm not exactly sure of it's potential but it could in fact turn out to be a crappy hybrid build.

I did see a wws report where a well geared affliction lock pulled off 4.1k dps on 10 man patchwerk! Tho all the other dps was above 3k as well and they were in the top 50 of guilds worldwide still, 4.1k is impressive. Also noticed he achieved those numbers while using an imp which I thought to be interesting but if affliction can pull off numbers like that it's obviously raid viable, cheers to blizz for making it so.

I only managed 2.8k dps with a CB/Aegis build and just a hair shy of 2.9k with a 0/31/40 MD/SnF build on 10 man Patchwerk, not to shabby but kinda pales in comparison to 4.1k so looks like it's time to dust off the ol' DoTimer and see what I can manage.

Kinda funny how touchy "SB spam" is for locks who are passionate about their class. It was a joke of a spec despite being the max dps, I am glad it's history now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahul
    God pointless post, i think people use shit for brains alot. Back to answering the question, Affliction seems to be the way to go, but i hate affliction so i dont spec it, Get haunt and Demonic Aegis and you are g2g you dont even need good gear, ummm destruction is pretty good with backdaft.
    You say I use “shit for brains” for a post I made out of boredom, yet suggest an Affliction build for PvE without Bane, Ruin and ISB?

Lawls.

Affliction ATM is highest DPS (56/0/15) from what I’ve seen, but I’m thinking later on after gearing up a Destro build with CB will out scale it as long as DoTs continue to gain no real (aside from GCD) benefits from haste.
    User has been banned permanently for trolling due to the following post:
    "Anyone else really loving the new Ghost Form Warlocks were given? You’re immune to all damage, can explore ANYWHERE uninterrupted, hear creepy music and the best part is, you can stay in that form for as long as you want. Cheesy

If you don’t know where to train “Ghost Form”, you can learn the ability for free from any melee class you encounter by clicking the “Release” confirmation window that pops up."

This build is my favourite for Affliction raiding: 53/0/18
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IfxMbzMAoVq0IstZE0hV

Or if threat is an issuse
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IfxrbzMAoVi0IstZEMh

Quote Originally Posted by ffty7vette
    What is a good spec for DPS for a lock?
    I've been using 0/41/30 for heroics/Naxx and I'm very surprised at it's DPS output. Using Imp and keep DemEmpower up as much as possible. With the high crit from Demo and the fire buffs from destro.

Incin spam has never been so fun

Quote Originally Posted by Lhari
    Have to agree, shadow bolt spam is dead... and lets just thank blizz for that while we see the people with lack of brains dropping out of warlocks like flies... after 3.0.2 the amount of locks has fallen on my server
    This.

I am now the only raiding warlock in my guild (so far anyway). It's kinda cool I guess, but it sucks to not have other warlocks to talk with about specs, etc.

I'm in relatively crappy gear (mostly blues, couple swp epics, couple new badge, etc) and as 56.0.15 I hit 3.2K on patchwerk 10 last night. Our dps was over half melee so I didn't have much for caster buffs. I *am* hit capped but have about 14% crit and 10% haste self buffed. Other fights were a bit more variable due to the run out of the fire nature of some but 2.5K was an average. I could see 4.1K being doable w' the right group makeup (mage, boomkin, shammy, etc) and some rng such as eradication procs, crit streaks, trinket procs, etc. Even in T7 and naxx gear you will still have comparatively lowish crit/haste vs BT/SWP days. Affliction does scale w' crit/haste somewhat now and is far better at lower dps stat numbers. 8K or better drain soul ticks are a huge driver of dps during the tense end of alot of fights (tank on shield wall, healer oom, etc) Trash dps will be lower but that shouldn't be a defining choice of a build. If you can't clear trash odds are you are not ready for the content.

I've tried demo 0.56.15 and was very disappointed. Looks great on the character screen but doesn't deliver. Rendered obsolete by a single elemental shammy but nice if you don't have one. Over 25% behind affliction dps wise till it has to tap then falls further back.

Tried destro (demo aegis, conflag, chaos bolt) variants in a bunch of heroics and though your trash dps is higher your boss dps is lower. About 15% behind affliction and falls sharply once you have to start tapping alot.

Have not tried 0.41.30 yet but it intrigues me. 31.0.40 does too but strikes me as the lazy locks option of mediocrity. My guess is a few decent specs will be around but none will top affliction given current content's itemization. Thus the hardest spec rewards the highest dps and the fotm locks can settle for "okay'ish" dps or reroll whatever... In that respect I am happy.

Now if they could just reign in melee and hunter dps a bit.... I know they said they'd add more boss armor but I haven't seen it slowing melee much yet. For the love of all that is our monthly fee FIX LOCK PVP!
    User has been banned permanently for trolling.

Well i enjoy playing 0/20/51

Ive seen upwards toward 7k max dps on patchwerk during bloodlust and sustained middle 3k dps, i still lack some hit so a few misses are scattered around but overall i enjoy the damage im getting. Just do cb, immo, corr, incin, repeat. i enjoy it

http://wowwebstats.com/decqoeric14yc?s=72007-111612

http://wowwebstats.com/a1h3vhrjofw33?s=218619-260180 4.1k (Affliction)

Seen WWS tho of Destro lock pulling 5k DPS

Any of these specs ever been tried?

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IfxMbzrIoVZZE0hqr0uV0A
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IfxMb...Zbxc0cZE0hVM0z
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IfxMbzrAoVV0IsZZE0hVM0d

They could possibly all be trash, I was just playing around with the talent calculator and thought they might do alright, but might be trash compared to haunt or chaosbolt builds.

Thoughts?