Thread: Misery Bugged

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Misery Bugged

spriest.com suspects its shadow focus wich is bugged, still giving 10% hit instead of 3%

I have a feeling it's not Shadow Focus, but Shadow Focus from pre-3.0. Ret pallies had/have an issue with 3% ghost hit from Precision if they were specced into it pre-removal, and rogues are reporting getting 5% ghost crit if they were specced into Fists pre-3.0 (though this one is a bit odd, since rogues have reported sporadic first/crit anomalies pre-3.0 as well).

If someone specs shadow for the first time now and gets the same crit increases, I'm obviously wrong though

Hmm? But we all did respec after 3.0

You're talking about making a new character?

Yes, new character, or healer who didn't take Shadow Focus. With ret pallies, I remember hearing about a bug where if they were specced into Precision the night before their talents were reset, they ended up with 3% ghost hit even though Precision was removed entirely from the trees.

So we're talking about 7% ghost hit, which would make the effective hit cap 4% - It fits with some numbers I've seen. I guess that's a option.

I cba to change the topic title though

Im not so certain its a set amount,

I ran with 202 hit I had a overall 2.8% miss rate with MF and a 0.9% on MB last night in a Naxx25 clear.

However had a dismal 4.4% MF miss rate on Sapphiron, then a 0.7% MF miss rate on KT....

/confused
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him. - Mark Twain

Like we said, Flay is a different issue. Every spell but Flay is showing capped with as little as 10-11% total hit. Flay, however, still misses past the cap - I've heard of it missing at 17.5% hit, and I thought I saw a higher number one place as well.

Random question: Couldn't some bosses just have high shadow resistance?

I have no clue, so will take anyone's word for it.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionne
    Random question: Couldn't some bosses just have high shadow resistance?

I have no clue, so will take anyone's word for it.
    That's why spells "miss" now instead of just "resist" so you can tell if a boss has high resistance or you just don't have enough +hit.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Everyone knows that MF is bugged right now correct? (has been since release)

Jump over to EJ forums or any forum really and read up. Its pretty common knowledge at this point I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasmen
    Everyone knows that MF is bugged right now correct? (has been since release)

Jump over to EJ forums or any forum really and read up. Its pretty common knowledge at this point I thought.
    Was this related to the entire thread? If so you misunderstood something.

Talking about hit and EJ, thehe... their famous "9% is all you need" thread from a shamah who didden't knew melee hit stacked with spellhit