Thread: resto droodz

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

resto droodz

heya folks! i just hit 80 this morning and i started wondering what specc to aim for, i applyd to my old guild and they said they wanted a resto druid, wich i have no experience of what-so-ever so i thought id ask you guys! ;D

im planning on speccing and glyphing like this; http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=061520060500 think thats ok?>.<
    dno about living seed but looks good to me and i dont see anything better to put the points in :-* and is gift of the earthmother any good>.< -gcd looks kinda crappy to me :-X
    i was also wondering what you think i should be putting in my socket slots : im assuming spirit spellpower
    plz tell me what you think and other info you might think i should be aware of

Re: resto droodz

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=061514060500

my build. Although looking at it, it'd probably be better to stick the 1 point (which was the last 1 i was left with) from naturalist into empowered touch instead. I personally am not using swiftmend as much as i used to, so went with the regrowth glyph instead.

is crit any good for us? :P was checing atlasloot and alot of the spell power leather has crit on it i understand that its mostly for Moonkins but should i choose lets say 50crit rating over 10spirit?>,<
    wondering at wich point of difference i gain more from crit then spirit/spellpower/mp5 or is there even such a point? :-X

gift of earthmother is a must imo

Deleted

Improved Regrowth has a standard 50% crit when specced.. and should be one of the only cast spells you'll cast using the build you have.. and yes Gift of the Earthmother is good.. what's better then stacking your hots faster?

I personally use this build:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=081520060500

Why put 5 Points in Tranquil spirit for a heal you will almost never use in combat.. and when you do need to use it your cast time will be that long that your tank might have allready died on you

At this point there's also a lot of LVL 80 Leather in game with huge amounts of +int +spirit +haste and +spd i should go for that... Picking up additional crit isn't bad but won't improve your healing

i mostly specced it for nourish wich i thought was good but apperantley not? o.O
    also, should i still always be having 3LBs on tank? after the nerf some of my mates said it sucked ;s

Quote Originally Posted by Theycallmedamian
    i mostly specced it for nourish wich i thought was good but apperantley not? o.O
    Nah, in ToL they're approximately the same mana cost, Regrowth has slightly more base damage, yet +50% chance to crit. Nourish has a 0.5s faster cast time, but if you've got Nature's Grace then 50+% of the time Regrowth will also have a 1.5s cast time.

also, should i still always be having 3LBs on tank? after the nerf some of my mates said it sucked ;s
    Yeah, I find 3x LB to be very useful on the tank. They're not as OP as beforehand, but with Nature's Splendor the 9s duration actually makes it rather efficient again, and for a druid the more HoTs on the tank the better. I find it's actually really useful when you need to heal up the rest of the party - you can leave them to bloom to give you another second or two before switching back to healing the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    Nah, in ToL they're approximately the same mana cost, Regrowth has slightly more base damage, yet +50% chance to crit. Nourish has a 0.5s faster cast time, but if you've got Nature's Grace then 50+% of the time Regrowth will also have a 1.5s cast time.
    Which would mean nourish would have a 1 second cast time? I like nourish. I think it's more effective than spamming regrowth, anyway.

If you're after mana efficiency, which most starting druids at level 80 should be (mana regen sucks horribly until you start getting gear, and spirit and int don't stack nearly as well as they did in BC), 3x Lifebloom, Rejuv, Nourish, and Swiftmend should probably be your spells of choice. Druids who go OOM casting LB probably have no clue what they're doing (refreshing it way too quickly or casting it often for 'spot healing'). Even with the "nerf" Lifebloom is still a very powerful spell, both for mana efficiency and healing output.

If you're after the greatest healing output, which you probably can't bother with until you have t7+ gear or a party/raid composition that supports your mana consumption needs, 3x Lifebloom, Regrowth, 1-second HT (glyphed/spec'd), as well as Rejuv and/or Rejuv + Swiftmend should be your spells of choice. You'd be amazed by the crazy amount of healing output you can do if you have a quick enough reaction time as well as a smart and solid heal rotation, but some of these spells can very quickly eat through your mana bar.

My current spec/glyph setup is:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=140604010506

I'm sure some druids will scoff at the choices I've made, but I can bust out some extremely powerful heals in seemingly impossible situations. I also know how to ration and rotate my heals so that I'm not constantly wasting mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Mallyk
    Which would mean nourish would have a 1 second cast time? I like nourish. I think it's more effective than spamming regrowth, anyway.
    With talents Regrowth has about 60-65% crit.
    With talents nourish has about 14-19% crit. (4% from Nature's Majesty.)

So nature's grace is up far more often for regrowth, it procs living seed more often and heals better than nourish. Regrowth also benefits from the reduced mana cost in TOL and with the glyph heals better overall than nourish too.

Just understand nourish is not a resto druid pve heal, it's a balance/feral one. Perhaps a resto pvp one too, if you can cast a heal that is.

Glyphs should probably be Regrowth, swiftmend and innervate/lifebloom/rejuv (in that order imo).

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=142006050603

Is what I'd go for.

I am ussing atm this spec, causei am playing as a hot drood
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...=142006050603#

and i am planing to use this Glyps

So would this be so crazy a build?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=041420000000

It sounds like there is a decent amount of +crit out there on healing gear, so could it be reasonable to focus on our spells with casts times such as HT, Nourish, and Regrowth, with Swiftmends? Keep HOTs up for the use of Swiftmend and Nourish? It seems to me that the HT focused talents and the HT glyph are pointing to the possibility of a build that isn't focused directly on HOTs. Living Seed also provides a potent tool for those who want to focus on the spells mentioned in the talent

I am just thinking out loud here. I would love to hear some intelligent feedback on this.

this is my current spec for pve raiding. i chose not to take some talents acording to which spells i use most. i rarely use HT - though i want a shorter casting time if i will want to use it.

the glyphs i use atm are swiftmend, rejub and inervate. but i am tempting to try the HT glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by meowmeow

this is my current spec for pve raiding. i chose not to take some talents acording to which spells i use most. i rarely use HT - though i want a shorter casting time if i will want to use it.
    Wait, I'm lost. You say you rarely use HT, but you spend 10 talent points improving it? WTF?

I'd definitely be switching to Gift of the Earthmother for some of those. Raiding resto druids should have rolling lifeblooms and rejuvs on all tanks if possible - these are your most efficient spells both in terms of HPM (heals per mana) and HPSC (heals per second cast). After that use Regrowth and Swiftmend when the tanks take a big hit.

Wait, I'm lost. You say you rarely use HT, but you spend 10 talent points improving it? WTF?

I'd definitely be switching to Gift of the Earthmother for some of those. Raiding resto druids should have rolling lifeblooms and rejuvs on all tanks if possible - these are your most efficient spells both in terms of HPM (heals per mana) and HPSC (heals per second cast). After that use Regrowth and Swiftmend when the tanks take a big hit.
    first of all i think that you can't read. i wrote: i found myself not using HT often, did you stop there? cause it seems like you did. did you miss: "when i use it to i want to have a shorter casting time". the 2 points to improve the healing is something i was considering replacing with replenishment, yet enjoying to see my HT heal for a bigger amount. this is my Pve spec, some heroics i find myself casting HT, this talent adds alot, and requires only 2 points. and the 5 talent point which reduce the mana cost of this spell also reduce nourish and tranq - all these three spells are situational and i feel confident that i want this talent. and i mainly took this talent for nourish, i have plenty of fun with this spell and find it sad to see druids on this forums like you not understand how superior it is above the regrowth when it comes to a spike damage and your target has already hots, but this requires actual skills seening the spike seeing hots and replying with the norish, since nourish alone without the hots is not that good, the idea is to use it properly. another thing: you also can't count: i "spent" 12 talent point in buffing my HT.

i didn't ask for healing advice, simpley cause i'm doing great, when i tank heal my tank never dies or goes below 30%, when he does i have a nice way of toping him, when i heal raid i tend to use combination of spells over regrowth/rejub spam. i posted my spec explained shortly my talent choise which is abit different then the average druid. i believe the way you think is incorrect when it comes to spikey damage on tanks in raids i prefer to have all 4 hots already runing and use a nourish, as i mentioned in another post: i saw nice numbers and nourish scales extremely nice when the tank has 4-5 hots on him. much better a combination of nourish + swiftment over regrowth swiftmend. expecially when the spike damag is 18k-26k. Yet between this to posting your thought about how i should heal after i see you can't count or read my whole post. there for i wish to ignore you lack of knowlegde. nourish + swiftmend on a tank that has 4 hots rolling is superior by far then regrowth. if you don't know that perhaps stop doing heroics, or get to level 80 and raid abit in 25 ms. i can say the same about raid healing. but thats for leting us know you still spam 1 button thinking thats "pro" (so pro you have to explain whats HpM and HpSC). you must understand some ppl don't want to only spam rejub on raid and lifebloom+rejub on tank. some actually want to heal and no spam. to my gamestyle which is obviously far from yours, i feel less temting to take atm a talent that will reduce my GCD, simpley becasue atm i don't need it. after all its what you NEED and not what some random that didn't evern read my post or can't count thinks.

this thread was about talents not you teaching others after not being able to read or count properly. post your talent choise, no one asked for you to explain anything, or to think you can teach someone, simpley to post the talent spec to compare. if you can't read more then half a sentance in a post of count properly, perhaps you shouldn't reply on it. talent thread post is to compare the talents simpley to see what others use. thats the reason i posted mine. defenetly not cause i felt that i needed advice, just to let others see that there are other specs, and other gamestyles which are sometimes better and sometimes not then spaming rejub or regrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by meowmeow
    first of all i think that you can't read.
    I believe I can read just fine.

i wrote: i found myself not using HT often
    No... What you wrote was very clear:
    i rarely use HT
    That is present tense - I don't see any way to misinterpret that. Regardless of how you use it, you stated that you don't use it very often - to spend a lot of talent points on something that you don't use very often seems rather pointless to me, but perhaps that's just me. Either way I thought it was worth mentioning.

i ... find it sad to see druids on this forums like you not understand how superior it is above the regrowth when it comes to a spike damage and your target has already hots, but this requires actual skills seening the spike seeing hots and replying with the norish, since nourish alone without the hots is not that good, the idea is to use it properly.
    Do you want to provide some reasoning as to why you believe HT and Nourish are superior to Regrowth? Here is mine for the reverse:
    Regrowth is a similar cast time to Nourish (with NG procs the vast majority of the time), it has a similar cast cost to Nourish in ToL (with no other talents required), it refreshes the very reasonable HoT, it crits often which if you have a boomkin in your raid can refund 2% total mana, the crits also give a rather good efficiency for both cast time and mana cost, and if you're talking about absorbing spike damage then HT's unglyphed cast time is simply too long to be effective IMO unless you're precasting and cancelling which means time wasted not healing when very likely there is someone else who could benefit.

another thing: you also can't count: i "spent" 12 talent point in buffing my HT.
    My mistake.

i didn't ask for healing advice
    It is not just you I posted the advice for. These are forums, which are used by many people seeking advice, and on which comments are expected. Forgive me if that bothers you.

i believe the way you think is incorrect when it comes to spikey damage on tanks in raids i prefer to have all 4 hots already runing and use a nourish
    I also believe in having as many hots on the target as possible - a druid would be silly not to. Hence why I recommended Gift of the Earthmother. Generally I keep rolling lifeblooms and rejuvs on at least 2 tanks in raids, which means ~0.3s every cast, so 2x 0.3s per 9 sec lifebloom cast (every ~8 secs in order to refresh before expiring) and 2x 0.3s per 18 sec rejuv. That's about 2s every 18 seconds, equivalent to roughly 10% haste, which is about 328 rating. Personally I think that's easily worth 5 points. You may disagree and that's fine - that doesn't invalidate my comments and make them unwarranted.

nourish scales extremely nice when the tank has 4-5 hots on him
    This only happens if you've already got 4/5 T7 bonus, which 99% of people won't have yet (particularly the OP given he is only just looking to join a raiding guild). As for the 20% extra healing you gain from the tooltip description, AFAIK it only gets 20% if any one of the druid HoTs is on the target - not for each one. Regrowth gets the same benefit out of a glyph, applying to Regrowth only, however with a 27 second HoT it's almost guaranteed to still be there when you cast it. This is another reason for which I don't see any benefit for Nourish over Regrowth.

i see you can't count or read my whole post.
    This was your entire post that I replied to:

the glyphs i use atm are swiftmend, rejub and inervate. but i am tempting to try the HT glyph.
    What else was I supposed to read that you keep referring to?

but thats for leting us know you still spam 1 button thinking thats "pro" (so pro you have to explain whats HpM and HpSC).
    Umm, perhaps you should take some of your own advice about reading people's posts?

Raiding resto druids should have rolling lifeblooms and rejuvs on all tanks if possible
    After that use Regrowth and Swiftmend when the tanks take a big hit.
    I'd love to see your macros to learn how you bind them to 1 button and spam it.

this thread was about talents not you teaching others after not being able to read or count properly. post your talent choise, no one asked for you to explain anything, or to think you can teach someone, simpley to post the talent spec to compare. if you can't read more then half a sentance in a post of count properly, perhaps you shouldn't reply on it. talent thread post is to compare the talents simpley to see what others use. thats the reason i posted mine. defenetly not cause i felt that i needed advice, just to let others see that there are other specs, and other gamestyles which are sometimes better and sometimes not then spaming rejub or regrowth.
    Umm, just FYI, the original post said this in the first sentance:
    wich i have no experience of what-so-ever so i thought id ask you guys!
    He's obviously asking for everyone's advice, so I really don't get why you want to complain at me for giving my advice when the OP asked for it. Once again, I think you should take some of your own advice about reading entire posts...

You really feel the need to express some aggression from the post I gave don't you? All I did was provide comments on a post that was made on forums. As I said before, it's wasn't just for you to read. If you're happy with the way you heal, that's fine. Just ignore me and move on. Personally I think my recommendations are valid and have provided reason for them - you seem to just want to tell me I'm wrong without providing many numbers to back it up, but sure, play the game you want to.

I guess we have different philosophies about posting too. I don't see much point in providing talent specs if there's not going to be any discussion about them. But look, play the game you want to, hell, post on the forums however you want to as well. I plan to do the same.

well ive specced now and gotten some gear and wonderingw when i can start to do heroics?
    How much spirit and mana and healing i should have

i now have about 1120 healing 11k mana and 543 spirit do you that is enough or??

Quote Originally Posted by Theycallmedamian
    well ive specced now and gotten some gear and wonderingw when i can start to do heroics?
    How much spirit and mana and healing i should have

i now have about 1120 healing 11k mana and 543 spirit do you that is enough or??
    I would say your spellpower is still too low for heroics. Aim for about 1300 before doing the easier heroics, unless you've got a well geared tank to go with.

Generally your mana / mana regen isn't too much of an issue as long as you've got Innervate + a pot for the boss fights. I'm up to about 1650 healing in ToL with 14k mana and 650 spirit, and I no longer need to use Innervate / pots for heroics, so at your level they should be plenty enough to last.

I would say your spellpower is still too low for heroics. Aim for about 1300 before doing the easier heroics, unless you've got a well geared tank to go with.

Generally your mana / mana regen isn't too much of an issue as long as you've got Innervate + a pot for the boss fights. I'm up to about 1650 healing in ToL with 14k mana and 650 spirit, and I no longer need to use Innervate / pots for heroics, so at your level they should be plenty enough to last.
    I agree... Healing heroics right after you hit 80 is probably not the best idea unless you have better-than-average-gear already. First of all, your tanks are most likely not very well geared yet (maybe around 22-24k HP) And if your group refuses to CC, you're going to be in a lot of trouble, especially on boss fights.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43261#comments

The overcast set (well not really a set, but 8 items with the same name). It's pvp gear, but could prove an easy upgrade for some slots for pve too. It's just made by leatherworkers.
    The mats cost between 100-150g per piece on my server, the items themselves are between 30-50g on ah.

Other than that, do some normal level 80 dungeons and quests in icecrown to get some extra upgrades.
    I'm at 1400 spellpower at 80 with just this set and a weapon that desperately needs upgrading, so 1500 with it and some random items should be possible.