[Balance] - 5man/10man/25man Raid Spec

Hi guys,

I've been a long time reader of MMO-Champion and decided to register as I'm at L76 at the moment on my Moonkin, and am looking to get into raiding (and Heroics).

My druid has always been Balance, apart from a few times when leveling i'd swap to resto to heal an instance for my guild. I've been trying to put together a final spec for when I hit 80.

Basically its come down to:

Talent Spec A.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=061107010605

or

Talent Spec B.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=061107010605

Any advice or comments (Be kind, please) would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: [Balance] - 5man/10man/25man Raid Spec

Typhoon & Starfall + only 1/3 in intensity with no dreamstate + 3/3 Imp IS?

I should state that this will not be a sort of hybrid build, it will be a strictly Raid build (no pvp).

imo u should forget spec A...spec b is very good for 5 man dungeons and hero...i play a balance durid atm and imo this is the best raid spec...http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=000000000000 not easy to do the right dps rotation..but is the most dps affective and mana efficient atm

glyp IS and its dmg gain.

only 2 in eclipse.. you wont need 3

you wont need mana, and moonglow is better per tallentpoint vs intensity/moonglow at early gear level.

starfall is great AE when needed.

typhoon is meeh. though its good to knock back enemies if you pull agro, to let you use storm/shadowmeld.

what stated about is only my openion, and i could fail.

Quote Originally Posted by the_b4ll
    imo u should forget spec A...spec b is very good for 5 man dungeons and hero...i play a balance durid atm and imo this is the best raid spec...http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=000000000000 not easy to do the right dps rotation..but is the most dps affective and mana efficient atm
    Maby the best singel target dps spec. But a raid is also about trash clear time (more time for bosses).
    Mana "should" not be a problem, when you get full level 80 rare gear.

Thanks for that guys, i'm still trying to make my mind up ???

Macintyre: Thanks for the input man, i can respect your opinion Just trying to figure, cause starfall a lot of the time is useless for me because its radius is huuge and Typhoon in a raid situation is bad for the tank :/ I haven't really figured out why no Mana regen talents (aside from the 1pt in Intensity) as I've read on forums that Boomies are having a bit of mana troubles atm. But then again i could be fail lol

the_b4ll: Do you find eclipse proc'ing often? I thought Gale winds was necessary for AoE, because of AoE's necessity in Instances now? Can I ask what your spell crit is when your in heroics etc (buffed)?

Thanks guys

Deleted

i use a specc w/o eclipse. note how i dont care about trash 'cause in naxx 25 they're dead before i get the second sf off. also note that we dont have a sp with us.
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...h=061119060504

Zelt: Do you find that 3/3 Intensity and 3/3 Dreamstate are a must for a group without a SP? And does the 2/2 Imp Moonfire crit affect the dot parts ability to crit? Cheers

/sarcasm on

Everyone will be balanced at 90!

/sarcasm off

now back to druids... lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Aphexdash
    Thanks for that guys, i'm still trying to make my mind up ???

Macintyre: Thanks for the input man, i can respect your opinion Just trying to figure, cause starfall a lot of the time is useless for me because its radius is huuge and Typhoon in a raid situation is bad for the tank :/ I haven't really figured out why no Mana regen talents (aside from the 1pt in Intensity) as I've read on forums that Boomies are having a bit of mana troubles atm. But then again i could be fail lol

the_b4ll: Do you find eclipse proc'ing often? I thought Gale winds was necessary for AoE, because of AoE's necessity in Instances now? Can I ask what your spell crit is when your in heroics etc (buffed)?

Thanks guys
    my crit atm isn't so good cuz the group whit i raid need healers atm so i'v looted lots of healing SP-HASTE gear instead of crit- hit gear...i think that aoe contribution of moonkin in 10 man-25 man can be sacrificed for a better dps at bosses...i think that ur goal is to clear ALL the patch content easyer and not only to clear trashs between bosses faster =P...anyway i think that improved feary is a great talent thau u shoult take cuz if u dont have a shadow priest in raid a +3% hit rating gives u the opportunity to spend ur soket in crit and dmg to improve ur dps...also eclipse is a great talent and needs 3 points on it..is pretty useless and suck if used as a random proc but if u use it whit "swakanawe" addon that shows u when the hidden cd is up u can maximize ur dps....i usually do this rotation using this addon: FF-MF-IS-wrath until eclipse proc...when eclipse is up spam starfire whitout refresh IS...(MF should be up by the SF glyph..)...when eclipse fades refresh dots and continue SF spam until hidden cooldown is up...than wrath again...imo this is teh best dps rotation also whit a low 20-25% crit unbuffed

the_b4ll: Ah yeah i see what you mean about Gale winds and AoE. Also see ya point about IFF. Do you have a link to "swakanawe" addon, i searched curse but couldn't find it

Thanks

the_b4ll: Ah yeah i see what you mean about Gale winds and AoE. Also see ya point about IFF. Do you have a link to "swakanawe" addon, i searched curse but couldn't find it

Thanks
    lol mbye the spelling is incorrect...give me some seconds =)

It's called Squawk and Awe and here's the link for WoWInterface.com :P

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...awkAndAwe.html

Thanks
    it was SquawkAndAwe.... this is the link to download.. http://www.wowinterface.com/download...awkAndAwe.html

Ah thanks very much guys, I was always a bit iffy about eclipse on when to use it(wrath spam) and such.

Cheers