Thread: PVP affliction

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: PVP affliction

Whatever spec you go for you must make sure u got 36y range on your spells. Since clothies get totally steamrolled by melee it really bad if you only got 30y range.

But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

That is assuming you can stay at range... locks currently cannot. The extra 6 yards makes 0 difference until changes are made to the Warlock class.

Thats just my humble opinion
    Definition of useless -

Q. Any plans for an untalented spell to help warlocks deal with stuns?
    A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

15+ Year Old Account

My post was a bit vauge, from an arena point of view the extra 6y matter less b
    It maybe won't sound like much but having a bit above 60 000 hk I can say that at least found it to be of huge help in BG's, especially with the small extra ammount of time I get when casting a fear.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Credit for HKs means hitting the target once and being alive when they die. Doesnt mean you did the bulk of the damage nor that the target was attacking you. Run one BG and you can easily accumulate 50 HKs with little effort...

And yes I was speaking in terms of arenas.
    Definition of useless -

A. Possibly. It’s also possible we may take a look at stuns in general. But overall stuns will feel less impacting in an environment where players have significantly more health than they do today.

15+ Year Old Account

I see Warlocks complaining that their pets die to fast in PVP, yet a not every Warlock takes Fel Domination and Master Summoner. If I were to make a PVP spec, I would make it like this: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...h=000000000000

No need for Amplify Curse or Curse of Exhaustion because the 0.5 makes hadly any difference and you have two points in Improved Fear. Based on my experience, Eradication is useless. Your points are better spend in Malediction, which not only improves your Curse of Elements spell for PVE, but also increases all spell damage you cause by 3% (and doesn't increase your spellpower by 3%, although most people think it does).
    Statix will suffice.

Improved Fear is a garbage talent imho. Any class where the snare would matter against would be talenting to have snare durations lowered by 50% ---> thats a 2.5 sec 30% snare. Utterly useless.
    Definition of useless -

Also I would only run with a VW in the current PvP enviornment. Therefore the 10% melee damage reduction from Master Demonologist is highly recommended
    Definition of useless -

15+ Year Old Account

Credit for HKs means hitting the target once and being alive when they die. Doesnt mean you did the bulk of the damage nor that the target was attacking you. Run one BG and you can easily accumulate 50 HKs with little effort...
    It means that i played BG's enough to have a clear picture of how much the extra range helped me or not, but as we concluded this was about arena and there it's less important.
    On topic tho I can't really say that there is any good pvpspec atm, maybe destruction. Doting is useless cos of our survivability (inc pets) being worth shit, dots (even if they dont get dispelled) won't tic for much before your dead.

Any team seeing a lock in a arenasetup nowdays will faceroll and kill him instantly cos his dots is more annoying than any real threat.
    I'm planning to pick up arena a bit more but not untill BLZ deal with the fucked up demotree and our survivability. As it is now the only purposed of a lock is to be destro in arenas and burst as much as he can the few seconds he will be alive.

It's the classic thinking of a class being OP (yes we were in pvp) then nerfed, nerfed some more and when we are actually balanced we get nerfed some more. Then when players realize that we are desperatly need buffs we still need to convince BLZ (who are still around the 'you are op' way of looking at locks') and wait a few more months before they change something.
    Don't take this as whining (i'm sure some nonlock troll will read this and spam crap) but simply facts.
    Facts that in no way are limited to locks only, it's just how BLZ "lag" with buffs to classes they nerfed too much, I'm sure every single class can relate to this at one period or another during WOWs existance.

It's paradoxal and sad that a warlocks pvp survivability is dependent on our paperpet Succubus and her seduction

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis

It's paradoxal and sad that a warlocks pvp survivability is dependent on our paperpet Succubus and her seduction
    I actually think its more dependent on have a VW (10% less physical damage. Not great be something) soul linked then sacced, demonic circle (takes time to get used to staying in a 40 yd range and where to place it), summon VW, fear spam during the confusion, sac VW again, instant summon VW, and then sac again. Keep in mind this keeps the other team occupied while your party does damage. Also you pot shot with CoT on casters, shadowburn, immo, SP, SL, corr, and CoA when you can.

At least thats my theory. I have no delusions of actually being able to kill someone nor stand in and fight with lock game mechanics today.

EDIT: may even be able to get a soulfire in there
    Definition of useless -

15+ Year Old Account

God, speaking of soulfire. It's such a kickass animation, nice damage at least when it crit and then BLZ ruin it with regent and a rediculious long casttime.
    Wonder when developers will see that its a nice spell that players simply doesn't use unless they got backdraftspec.

Ive learned to deal with it and bring ~80 shards with me when I start arenas.... and Id really like to try this out with another lock for 2s... I know, two very squishy against melee players but i think with practice and timing it can be a good "it and run" 2v2 team. Especially since most times you will not be facing a healer. My real fear are dks
    Definition of useless -

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...h=000000000000 lol this is a bit half@$$ but what do you guys think for 2s and 3s bracket. Nether proctection for against casters soulink just for the lil survival we can get and 3 dots fear and shadowbolts

Quote Originally Posted by Screecher
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...h=000000000000 lol this is a bit half@$$ but what do you guys think for 2s and 3s bracket. Nether proctection for against casters soulink just for the lil survival we can get and 3 dots fear and shadowbolts
    You wont be killing anything with this buildin arena...basicly all your dots are dispellable..you only got like 3-4 dots, no damage boost to dots which makes em even less threat. This spec is failure im sorry:S You just wont be doing damage.....

Never make a spec which relies too much on luck issues...like nether protection...the talent aint same it used to be. If mage shoots you with fire spell...what..you get fire absorbion...he will just use arcane or frost next...whats the point...if you get shot by shadow spell by warlock...he is just idiot if he continues to use shadowspell when your nether protected against that:S just wait for buff to vanish...

Also your talents are way too spreaded to all talent trees...You can choose up to 2 talent trees you wanna use effectively...you cant have em all...siphon life alone wont keep you alive...

My posted spec uses 3 trees...

Im not saying its uber but there is no reason why it should fail just for that reason. My build works off of a "gorilla tactic" strategy. It may not work but with all the current pvp woes, i think thinking out of the box is a good idea.
    Definition of useless -

Just wondering how are you handling those fancy people with dispels? Corruption and Siphon Life are both gone with one GCD from a priest example:S

I did say 2's didnt I? Its not likely that you will see a lot of 1 dps 1 healer team makeups. But the obvious answer is you dont use the dots. Instead you use Searing Pain, Immo, and Soulfire. If it becomes an issue then 1 lock drains the priests mana while the both focuses on the dps. There are a lot of hypotheticals when it comes to PvP so there is never one set solution. Plus every group makeup has at least one other group makeup that gives them problems
    Definition of useless -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkengelion
    You wont be killing anything with this buildin arena...basicly all your dots are dispellable..you only got like 3-4 dots, no damage boost to dots which makes em even less threat. This spec is failure im sorry:S You just wont be doing damage.....
    i wonder what you have to say about the slsl spec during bc then... i guess that was all fail too and warlocks past 2200s were lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by lolzor
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...h=000000000000 is this talent build viable for pvp?
    Tbh its not THAT bad specc, I mean if you wanna do only BG's with it go with whatever you want/enjoy...

Quote Originally Posted by Screecher
    i wonder what you have to say about the slsl spec during bc then... i guess that was all fail too and warlocks past 2200s were lucky?
    Haunt didnt exist then. the damage of DoT's without Haunt is much lower, percentagewise, than SL/SL's DoT damage was.

Even *with* Haunt, DoT's dont do as much of a percentage of an enemey's HP/tick as they did in TBC.. without it... GL.

oh my you found the solution to warlock pvp haunt is going to rape everything..