Hunter Level 80 Gear

Guys,

How's the Swiftarrow set for PvP? Is it worth the effort to craft or should I just PvP in BGs and Arena instead?

Re: Hunter Level 80 Gear

make it if you r rich it got solid stats.

Actually, just to broaden this topic...

I've finally reached 80 - but I did it just from questing (no instance runs).

I've got to 80 and realised that I've still got 8 lvl 70 epics - and these are not 'Sunwell' epics (a ZA head piece and trinket, and the rest mainly badge items).

So, where should I be going now to gear up ready for heroic runs and raids? Which instances in particular have good hunter drops and what should I be looking out for?

I'm also a LW - although not maxed that out yet (think I'm around 400 in LW). So, is there a good craftable set that I could work up towards like the old Ebon Dragonscale set that I got at 70? I checked the Dragonscale trainer in Dalaran but he didn't have anything new for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardley
    Actually, just to broaden this topic...

I've finally reached 80 - but I did it just from questing (no instance runs).

I've got to 80 and realised that I've still got 8 lvl 70 epics - and these are not 'Sunwell' epics (a ZA head piece and trinket, and the rest mainly badge items).

So, where should I be going now to gear up ready for heroic runs and raids? Which instances in particular have good hunter drops and what should I be looking out for?

I'm also a LW - although not maxed that out yet (think I'm around 400 in LW). So, is there a good craftable set that I could work up towards like the old Ebon Dragonscale set that I got at 70? I checked the Dragonscale trainer in Dalaran but he didn't have anything new for me.
    The craftable sets are not really in the game for LW, the cloak for example you can make now is BoE so there is not really any ebon netherscale set for pve you can craft.
    As to the gearing up part, the way you state it gives me the impression you want to gear up in order to be able to do heroics. I'd say you should start gearing up through heroics instead, most heroics have atleast one blue drop that'll beat ZA epics and an epic drop which will beat most of the sunwell gear aswell. As for specifics you'd have to check the loot tables yourself since nobody on this forum knows what you want to have upgraded first etc. Ofcourse the badges and rep rewards are impressive aswell in some cases, www.wowhead.com or whatever can help you out with that
    What you should be looking out for depends on your spec a bit but it hasn't changed that much from pre tbc. A difference is you don't want to bother with armor penetration as much anymore since several calculations and stuff have shown it's not as effective as it was before the change, again you can check EJ forums for stuff like this. If ur MM you might wanna stack some haste to get your steadyshot close to your global cooldown where as BM haste is alot less important. The agi/crit/attack power stat debate is always going on so several topics where you can gather knowledge about that. Ofcourse probably the most important stat is hit which you wanna be capped on, think it's like 195 hit if you have 3 talent points in carefull aim, you can check EJ or wowwiki for the exact numbers.
    Hope that helps a bit.

Regards
    "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." ~ Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

Run those heroics. Get to the hit cap and then Spec BM and top damage meters.