Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Achievement: Chef! (Cooking)

Hey everyone,

I realize this is a secondary profession but I thought I might as well ask those WoW cooks out there... I've been working on that achievement doing dailies ever since I got the game (aprox. a week after launch)

Has anyone been able to recieve all the dailies? for 15 days or more I've had the same 3 quests in Dalaran, I've never recieved the others in order to complete the achievement. Is it just a streak of bad luck or is this meant to not happen yet?

Same thing has ocurred in with Shatt ones, have never recieved the "Vengeance (something)" quest in order to get that one done.

I also noticed there's a "whale meat" recipe in the "Northrend Gourmet" achievement but there's not really a recipe for it. I know it says "cook 30 of these recipes" but I haven't actually done the tally, perhaps this one isn't needed.

Some people might think cooking to be lame, but there's actually some great extra buffs out there. Feast is a pretty good example.

Some of the references might have wrong names, I'm at work.

No, I don't have the delicious chocolate cake yet.
    Yes, fishing being somewhat of a requirement stinks.

Comments on the subject are welcome.

Thanks

Re: Achievement: Chef! (Cooking)

For the daily cooking quest, just keep doing it and you will get them all eventually. I got worried too since the first 10 times I did it I only saw 3 of the dailies, mustard dogs was probably 6 of them, but eventually I got all of them.

For Northrend Gourmet it appears that currently you can not finish it therefore you cant get the Chef title yet. You need to cook 45 of the 46 northrend recipes and right now 4 of them arent even in the game yet.

Check the comments here at the bottom there is even a blue post on the european forums confirming this.

http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=1779#comments

Deleted

The Dalaran daily cooking quest (if all realms are given the same dailies) could be completed about 4 days ago, when the Cheese/Wine quest came up. Most of the time however, I keep seeing the mushroom or mustard one coming up.

And indeed, the title/achievement can not be completed as it is, since some recipies are not in-game yet. My best guess is that it doesn't need to be in-game before, say, the next content patch, since it will take you at LEAST another week or two from now to pick up enough cooking rewards to buy all the other recipies from the vendor

i am working on fishing and cooking at my dk at the moment but i have never had it one any other chars, is there good money in it when i hit 410++?

Thanks guys for your replies.

I guess Chef title coming up later in the game makes sense since you can only get 1 cooking reward a day (I think I saw 1 in a spice bag once), and that's really the slowest step in order to get all those recipes.

Whether cooking / fishing makes money or not, one cannot tell at this point in the game. I've never tried selling cooked goods in the AH this patch, it does make a great present for friends and good for the extra buff.

I did see that raw fish, meat and northern spices were pretty high up on the AH. There's always someone who buys, I'd say.

Deleted

Money from cooking?
    Nah, hardly.

As for Luris:
    Those extremely lucky, could maybe obtain 1 Dalaran cooking rewards from the bag and two fromt hat one quest that rewards two of them. That makes three in one daily quest

I got everything except the northrend gourmet at the moment.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ac...szune&n=Zurgat

It's sort of confusing as the "hail to the chef" says you need the northrend gourmet, but it doesn't say "which one" or for how many recipes that is....

Deleted

Indeed. But trust me on it that, at least for now, you ned the last tier of it, requiring you to need basicly ALL the known Northrend recipies

lol i have the same problem with my salty title, one last damn daily is all thats standing in the way, and its always the other 4 that come up, why does the game tease me so? lol

Frenzyheart first blood,, been working on their quests for a while now, haven't seen that quest yet..

Currently it's impossible since two recipes for Northrend Gourmet is not ingame yet.

And yes, it's the "big one", aka. version 3 aka. "all recipes" that you need to do to get the title.

You can make money from cooking. I went with the Snapper Extreme recipe as the first one I got (+40 hit rating, figured might be good for selling to raiders) and I have been selling them for 20g/5. I would say that is pretty good and I have been selling other food for lesser prices. Sure it isnt huge money but I enjoy fishing so nice and easy to cook it up and sell it.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lent
    lol i have the same problem with my salty title, one last damn daily is all thats standing in the way, and its always the other 4 that come up, why does the game tease me so? lol
    My bad luck can be explained easy: I just recently looted the Baron Rivendare mount, so I gues I used up all my luck for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnio
    Money from cooking?
    Nah, hardly.

As for Luris:
    Those extremely lucky, could maybe obtain 1 Dalaran cooking rewards from the bag and two fromt hat one quest that rewards two of them. That makes three in one daily quest
    Are you kidding?

In BC I was paying 20g/ stack of golden fishsticks and i'm paying twice that for the LK equiv. People are making money off of my "meh" for leveling fishing.

used to make money out of cooking/fishing all through bc.. but its soo time consuming to level fishing these days
    It's just a game.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Jelli
    Are you kidding?

In BC I was paying 20g/ stack of golden fishsticks and i'm paying twice that for the LK equiv. People are making money off of my "meh" for leveling fishing.
    Mate, did you never learn to keep a secret a secret?
    The best ones are the ones that are KEPT secrets...

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    I got everything except the northrend gourmet at the moment.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-ac...szune&n=Zurgat

It's sort of confusing as the "hail to the chef" says you need the northrend gourmet, but it doesn't say "which one" or for how many recipes that is....
    http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=1779

As you can see it's listed as the criteria of Hail to the Chef, where as http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=1778 is not.

Are there several levels of completion to the Northen Gourmet achv.?

Because on my achievment screen it says to "cook 30 of the recipies listed below".

EDIT...nevermind. See a green and blue symbol on wowhead now...one for 30 and one for 45. The symbol on the "Chef" one is the Blue, so looks like you need the 45.

Also interesting to note, the bag of spices you get from the daily cooking quest can contain the same cooking recipes you can get in the shattrath daily cooking quests.

Or some at least, I got the chocolate cake last week this way.

Deleted

Yes, and only the chocolate cake